Anyone else feel that their school is behind with work? (1 Viewer)

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I feel my school is very behind in for maths. We only started to learn integration. My tutor is way past beyond that. I think I should take one of the people's ideas and sleep at school and work at home.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Mark576 said:
Woah, you serious tommykins? There are 8 topics in total (I think) lol. We've completed three topics so far.
We've started on our third one last week.

I feel my school is very behind in for maths. We only started to learn integration. My tutor is way past beyond that. I think I should take one of the people's ideas and sleep at school and work at home.
We've just finished Sequence and Series. The only calculus we've done in class is just basic differentiation.

Foxodi

HSC
SEAKING said:
that's why i don't bother staying awake at school. just study the work at home.
Pretty much true. I mean I pay attention in English because I fail at it, and maths because.. you gotta learn the theory to do the questions :D But everything else I kinda drift in and out and dont really care much as a few hours each afternoon and you can be more productive then school while producing quality summaries which will give you an instant advantage during exams.

Foxodi

HSC
Meh Prosper, we are in a similar situation I geuss, but it isnt due for 5 weeks so yea...

cs01001

HSC
Hmmm...

For me it is:

English: Journeys. Completed Module B in Term 4
Chem: Started La Chatelier Principle
Eco: Close to finishing Topic 2. Just the bit on Protection then we are off to Topic 3
Geo: Started Urban Places. Completed People an Economic Activity 2 days ago.
Modern: Half way through Germany?
Maths: Radians

Prosper

HSC
Kujah said:
We've started on our third one last week.

We've just finished Sequence and Series. The only calculus we've done in class is just basic differentiation.
The thing is, you might have done a lot more of the other topics?

We are starting hsc trig tomorrow, we just finished polynomials 2(we use Maths in Focus and seem to jump from one topic to another, but they seem to be in good progression which is alright)

I don't think we are behind at all in Maths.
Only one I'm concerned with is English, we are getting assessment tasks for it when we havent even started comparing the two texts, not even finished looking at BR (have only watched it)....how retarded

slowjam10

HSC
well i just lost out on another three lessons of modern and two of ext history due to the teacher being sick and the school having no replacement

...good times:eek: NOT

brookeemma

HSC
still only on first text of crime fiction, and first text of drama too. interesting, its the same teacher...

havent started writing ee2, hell, havent even finished reading/viewing all my texts. im the only one in my drama class to start my ip...

oh and because of fricking half an hour of bloody sports announcements on assembly each week, it runs over time and into OUR 2U ENGLISH LESSON. as if we need more time off adv!! seriously!!

and totally in agreement about the pointless junior excursions/camps thing... so annoying. comeon, youve got hsc classes, year 7 really couldnt give a shit about their excursion to the rainforest.... *eye roll*

that said, i am wasting time being on here when i have an essay due on monday i havent started (eep)

Poad

HSC
Chemistry: We just did Le Chateliers last week.
Economics: Almost completed Topic 1 (we did the whole of Topic 3 in Term 4 last year).
English: Ugh, havent started comparing the texts much, BNW/BR essay due monday week.
Maths:
2U - Done it all (accelerated last year)
3U - Polynomials, Binomial Theorem, Trig Identity stuff (still got a fair bit of prelim Ext 1 to do :\)
4U - Complex, Graphs (stating Conics soon)

Overall not that bad, except that I know my grade is behind the grades before us in Ext 1 Maths

white ferret

HSC
my skool is SOO slow for maths and chem! and what frustrates me even more is that our teacher wastes lessons giving us 'homework time', but its a waste of time coz the class is too noisy to concentrate. we've also spent the last week just revising, ie. teacher gives past paper, then work on ur own. and our teacher also gets distracted VERY easily...

we're also doing maths in a funny order, we did circular motion first, then graphs, and we've just finished complex numbers.

cal-

Banned
HSC
What are you guys up to in PE? I think we're going slowly, we just finished sports psychology in core 2.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
cal- said:
What are you guys up to in PE? I think we're going slowly, we just finished sports psychology in core 2.
im in core two atm.
doing umm respiration, and that .

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
adv eng- despite us losing about 8 periods in the last week or so, we move really fast (had an afternoon class on thurs)

ee1- just finished analysing first text, still need to look at genre theory, other two texts, features of spec fiction...

ee2- =^.^=

maths- moving along well

modern- pretty behind on germany, but most of it is easy enough to learn alone

ancient- moving along well

hist ext- no fkn idea where we're at

HSC
think we're a little behind in maths... english we're always wasting time and then rushing sorta... and think a little behind in chem too...

but hey its all good :p

topdeck

HSC
Modern- we just finished the core topic LAST WEEK. we are up to page 5 in our Germany text book.

So screwed.

bassistx

HSC
BS class is behind, apparently. So our teacher says. He goes over everything a million times, I'm not kidding.

You can never be up-to-date in Languages. It just goes on forever.
I haven't even started my Spanish Beginners course work. I only received it last Thursday. I've missed out on 3 units which include the alphabet, numbers, months, days of the week, family members, introducing yourself, basic conversation, etc. 5 weeks worth of week.
Thankfully I was trying to learn on my own during the xmas hols. I've got the alphabet, months of the year, and days of the week down lol. I've got such a long way to go. But I bought a dictionary today so there's no excuse not to get started tomorrow. Although, I have to get some Spanish magazines from Scholastic Australia. God knows how long they will take to deliver them. Some of the work is based on them.

vizman

HSC
hmmm im pretty sure we never finished our chemistry option in class :S lol.

HSC
Rhanoct said:
ee1- just finished analysing first text, still need to look at genre theory, other two texts, features of spec fiction...
Shouldn't you have been looking at features of spec fic and genre theory while analysing the first text?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)