anyone else fkd? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Jai: true. i'm just getting up early/earlier than usual to study... i would fall asleep in the exam if i stayed up all night lol. either that, or i would collapse while walking to school.

Takuto: doing the exam on only 5 hours asleep? haha, you'd have to be an experienced crammer to do that... i consider what i do 'cramming', but in terms of leaving things until the last minute.

gah, i should have studied yesterday instead of having a break.

xJaix

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
Jai: true. i'm just getting up early/earlier than usual to study... i would fall asleep in the exam if i stayed up all night lol. either that, or i would collapse while walking to school.

Takuto: doing the exam on only 5 hours asleep? haha, you'd have to be an experienced crammer to do that... i consider what i do 'cramming', but in terms of leaving things until the last minute.

gah, i should have studied yesterday instead of having a break.
Haha, I won't be surprised if i fell asleep on the train in the morning but then I need to be on the look out for undesirable 'posses' trying to roll me. Well, at least then I could count it as the 4th time of almost being robbed, though the other three times I was walking, rather than sleeping. :p

I wish i had the opportunity to study yesterday, I had maths. Damn BoS timetables! =(

I've been doing well in bio lately, 80%+ all I have to do is cram 4 topics, I don't normally do this but i'll do a past paper at 4 am to see what I know. I'll be at school by 7:30 and then that gives me an hour and 30 minutes to work on my weaknesses. Oh, it sounds so simple. Doesn't it? :hammer:

HSC
xJaix said:
Haha, I won't be surprised if i fell asleep on the train in the morning but then I need to be on the look out for undesirable 'posses' trying to roll me. Well, at least then I could count it as the 4th time of almost being robbed, though the other three times I was walking, rather than sleeping. :p
you must live somewhere pretty dangerous then, lol.

I wish i had the opportunity to study yesterday, I had maths. Damn BoS timetables! =(
at least you have an excuse. mine was just stupidity. well, it wasn't - i'd had an exam every single day of the timetable (thank god i dropped general, otherwise it would have been one almost every day), so i needed to relax. but now i wish i didn't :cold:

I've been doing well in bio lately, 80%+ all I have to do is cram 4 topics, I don't normally do this but i'll do a past paper at 4 am to see what I know. I'll be at school by 7:30 and then that gives me an hour and 30 minutes to work on my weaknesses. Oh, it sounds so simple. Doesn't it? :hammer:
yeah, i do alright in bio with only a bit of cramming, generally... i got 90% for my trial (but don't let that fool you - our school tells us what dot points they're going to be testing. cause that doesn't defeat the purpose of exams or anything :rolleyes: it's pretty deplorable, they handed it to us on a platter and that was still the highest mark). but i have a feeling i'm screwed for the option, or anything they ask about particular scientists. haha, it sounds oh so simple... if only the test was going to be that simple...

beksta21

HSC
Roy9 said:
Hopefully the exam revolves a lot around questions on the TV show Prison Break and Adam Sandler/Will Ferrel movies.... I should be sweet if so

Oh gosh, I know what you mean...
My whole holidays consisted of watching every single movie I own...
Twice over...
So I spent a lot of study time watching A League Of Their Own and Sleepless in Seattle and Elf.... and The Sandlot... and my personal favourite - Rookie of the Year.

I'm all set for a question on any of those tomorrow.

As for the rest of it..
Bleh.

xJaix

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
you must live somewhere pretty dangerous then, lol.
It's called Fairfield. :p

russianROULETTE said:
yeah, i do alright in bio with only a bit of cramming, generally... i got 90% for my trial (but don't let that fool you - our school tells us what dot points they're going to be testing. cause that doesn't defeat the purpose of exams or anything :rolleyes: it's pretty deplorable, they handed it to us on a platter and that was still the highest mark). but i have a feeling i'm screwed for the option, or anything they ask about particular scientists. haha, it sounds oh so simple... if only the test was going to be that simple...
Really? Wow. Kinda pointless though..it wouldn't be a fair representation of where you sit with the rest of the state, would it? =/ I

Our highest was 88 and that was without knowing what was going to be in the exam. The option is the most easiest one to do IMO.

The section is on it's own, therefore you can get your mind set into the topic rather than bouncing around from one topic to another with each question you do. For that topic you could almost make up the questions that they're going to ask you, because there's not that much they can ask you on anyway. So IMO i intend on getting at least 22/25 for that section! :D

HSC
xJaix said:
oh okay, i don't know it (not a Sydney person lol)

Really? Wow. Kinda pointless though..it wouldn't be a fair representation of where you sit with the rest of the state, would it? =/ I
yeah, it is really stupid. i think some people below me will do better than they did, some above me will do worse... damages the school's potential to get a band 6 student, IMO.

Our highest was 88 and that was without knowing what was going to be in the exam. The option is the most easiest one to do IMO.

The section is on it's own, therefore you can get your mind set into the topic rather than bouncing around from one topic to another with each question you do. For that topic you could almost make up the questions that they're going to ask you, because there's not that much they can ask you on anyway. So IMO i intend on getting at least 22/25 for that section! :D
i was utterly sick of bio by that time, so i didn't pay attention to half of it. paying the price of laziness now :( the other topics are my strengths... especially search for better health. i intend to do well in the m/c, i seem to get close to full marks in that, so hopefully that will make up for poor option performance.

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
This thread has made me a whole lot more confident for tomorrow.

thankyou.

Mongoz

DySFuNcTioNal
HSC
i hate the option communication!!
i dont knowww anithing
hence once again i say im totalli screweddd

anione who nowz a simple summari about what cochlear ear plant and heraing aid are im stugllin

xJaix

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i was utterly sick of bio by that time, so i didn't pay attention to half of it. paying the price of laziness now :( the other topics are my strengths... especially search for better health.
what's your option?

I can't believe i've forgotten everything I studied 4 weeks ago before I started studying for English. :eek:

HalcyonSky

HSC
yah i havnt started studying yet lol told myself id do some tonight but i looked through my notes and i dont remember anything

might get up early and do a bit

fuuuckkk

HSC
xJaix said:
what's your option?

I can't believe i've forgotten everything I studied 4 weeks ago before I started studying for English. :eek:
communication. it's not difficult, just so boring. i think i'll get it out of the way first...

yeah, me too, i dedicated a couple of days in the holidays to bio (would have done more, but was working harder for business and english) and it just didn't stick :(

yah i havnt started studying yet lol told myself id do some tonight but i looked through my notes and i dont remember anything

might get up early and do a bit

fuuuckkk
07'er... do i detect a troll here?

knots&crosses

HSC
I just feel sorry for all those who have both legal and bio tomorrow... but on the upside thats two down in one day.

xJaix

HSC
Mongoz said:
i hate the option communication!!
i dont knowww anithing
hence once again i say im totalli screweddd

anione who nowz a simple summari about what cochlear ear plant and heraing aid are im stugllin
Hearing aid: helps people with partial hearing due to"
small bones of the middle ear being damaged or have fused together and do not carry vibrations to the cochlea well.
- Hair receptors in the cochlea are damaged and have lost their sensitivity, they work but require a louder sound to which they respond.

hearing aid = miniature microphone detects sound then amplifies it and then sends it into the persons ear canal.

The energy change is
sound-> electrical signals -> amplified sound

cochlea implant are for people who are completely deaf. An electronic device is implanted into the skull with one or more electrodes connecting it to the auditory nerve.

Sounds are picked up by a microphone and electronically analysed by a processor unit carried in a pocket. The processor converts the sound into a set of electrical signals suited to the patients requirements. These signals are transmitted via radio waves through the flesh to the cochlear implant. Electrical signals are carried by an electrode and stimulate the auditory nerve which fires nerve signals to the brain.

the energy change occuring:
sound -> electrical signals (sound and processor) -> radio waves (transmitter) - electrical signals -> never signals (auditory nerve)

xJaix

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
07'er... do i detect a troll here?
is it me or are they everywhere lately? :argue:

Last edited:
HSC
xJaix said:

Woot. REPRESENT 2165. I cannot believe I just wrote that.

Man, Bio tomorrow, Itll be ok.. thought to be honest, im iffy about communications. I havent had the chance to look at it at all really post-tirals.

I Have Legal studies tomorrow too. F*** man, thats a blow. Im gonna suck at the exam. HARD.

HSC
xJaix said:
is it me or are they everywhere lately? :vcross: :argue:
lol yes... one in the english forum freaked me out by saying we had to agree with one of the statements, luckily by looking at other posts it was evident that she/he/it (or s/h/it) was a troll. but i'm pretty sure there are always trolls, especially in those NS and LR forums...

I Have Legal studies tomorrow too. F*** man, thats a blow. Im gonna suck at the exam. HARD.
a couple of my friends have that timetable. maths today, bio and legal tomorrow. that's gotta suck....

Last edited:

xJaix

HSC
CrownerOf.Kings said:
Woot. REPRESENT 2165. I cannot believe I just wrote that.

Man, Bio tomorrow, Itll be ok.. thought to be honest, im iffy about communications. I havent had the chance to look at it at all really post-tirals.

ahaha, mine is actually 2163. I just catch the train there rather than the villawood line which would take a long time. :p

haha, can't believe you just wrote that in reference to me getting rolled. :p not a good image. haha

I'm looking at it now! yay. i have 3 summary notes. -_-' my own summary notes for all four topics are A4 typed 200 pages takes too long.

So i'm going to use the summary notes school gave us in conjuction with my own with anything that's missing. my teacher showed us some video of this guy on youtube explaining the action potential, it was really good. I can't find it now! grr

xJaix

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
lol yes... one in the english forum freaked me out by saying we had to agree with one of the statements, luckily by looking at other posts it was evident that she/he/it (or s/h/it) was a troll. but i'm pretty sure there are always trolls, especially in those NS and LR forums...

a couple of my friends have that timetable. maths today, bio and legal tomorrow. that's gotta suck....
That could just give someone a whole lot of stress = EPIC FAIL.

Today I was stressed I got simple things that even I know are wrong! lame. -_-

when i looked through the paper when i got home I felt like kicking myself.

HSC
xJaix said:
So i'm going to use the summary notes school gave us in conjuction with my own with anything that's missing. my teacher showed us some video of this guy on youtube explaining the action potential, it was really good. I can't find it now! grr
i actually understand action potential, woot.

That could just give someone a whole lot of stress = EPIC FAIL.

Today I was stressed I got simple things that even I know are wrong! lame. -_-

when i looked through the paper when i got home I felt like kicking myself.
haha it didn't stress me out though, as if they'd fail anyone just because they agreed with the statement.

i was like that with english paper one, and my business exam. i've decided from now on not to think about my exams after they're finished... unless i think i've done well :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)