Anyone else regret choosing biology? (1 Viewer)

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I personally chose biology because people say it was 'easy' and since I am completing HSC in only 7 short months I was trying to make things easy my for myself.

Biology is so not easy! Compared to all my other subjects, it has the most contents to memorise and is so time consuming. I do Ancient History and the amount of information I have to memorise cannot compare to Biology.

Anyone else feel the same way?

TorMental

HSC
Not really that much to memorise for biology really. o-o

jnney

lemon
HSC
Nope, so far biology is really easy for me. I memorised the first HSC topic these holidays. :)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Memorising is easy. What are you talking about?

esraa

HSC
LOL i regreted it the whole way through.. i got like 5 drop out forms and never ended up dropping it.. i have 12 units of 4 hardcore subjects; economics, business studies, chemistry and bio. And yeh its not that bad though

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I believe Biology is pretty easy, because i have a interest within science - well only for school principles. I prefer my sports haha. But yeah, Biology is great in that it requires just a understanding, and to say it withholds more content than Ancient is not true. Ancient, is hard to sustain an understanding, and you have to learn a good few thousand words for each topic 4-8000 at least.

I find subjects less accessible when you are required to learn things off by heart; i prefer to understand things. But saying that im not doing too bad at Ancient - although i absolutely dispise it.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
I did as soon as we started Blueprint of Life(That topic Is so Fcking Boring)
But the other topics are alright =]

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
It's easy but it isn't a challenge like other subjects which makes it boring. Not as rewarding as when you can explain a complex concept or calculate stuff right in ext maths, chem and phys.

RishBonjour

HSC
Nope, so far biology is really easy for me. I memorised the first HSC topic these holidays. :)
you memorised the whole of maintaining balance?

and Biology in a way, is a pretty easy subject, its straight forward and memorising, not so much analysing.

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I guess that's the thing, it's just a big bulk of information. Funny thing is science has always been one of my good subjects but this year it's my worse.

Or maybe it's the teacher? She talks in a mono tone voice in every class and never answers any of the questions I ask.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Biology is probably my easiest subject, hands down.
It's so great, and such a relief from all the work I have to do for everything else.
I barely study for it and still came 3rd. :)
Although, I should've fucking come 2nd. Adfnsmsksbsosjepdnepwjcblsbw. :mad:

Aysce

HSC
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I love biology, as said above it's just pure memorising and it's really interesting tbh. Only thing that makes me want to drop it in the slightest is my teacher, he can't teach for shit and answers questions with useless questions -.-

Jesscaah

HSC
I really love Bio, but and I don't regret taking it, but I do agree it can be stressful when there is so much to learn and know over such little time. Sometimes I forget things and look back over it and think "What is that?", so then I have to go memorise it all over again. Eugh, and some of it I find a tad boring, so I really have to motivate myself. If I study well, I should be fine for the final exam...I hope. :S

sydneyitee

HSC
no, initially i was worried about the 'crap scaling' thing but then i found out that bio is infact the best science of our school and over 50% of people end up getting band 6 whereas for chem you needed to be in top 30 of 90

so no i don't regret it :)

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
There is a LOT to remember in Bio ...
Amen to that!! I have my biology exam right after my ancient history exam, which ALSO has a lot to remember. I spent most of my time studying for the two subjects, and barely did any work on the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)