Anyone else's UAI getting dragged down cause of English? (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
As the title suggests.

All my subjects I'm super confident in them but my english mark will pull my UAI down heaps.

Anyone else?

Davadale

HSC
UAI screwed thanks to english

well as others have suggested before, english is such a bad subject, i am awesome in every other subject and crap in english, and as a result my UAI will be DRAGGGED down

english should NOT be compulsory as 2 units in the overall UAI, it should be treated like every other subject

anyone agree??

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
Yeah I completely agree. It's worse enough being compulsory let alone that the "best 2 uints" of english are always taken into account for your UAI. A very big sigghhh indeed.

HSC
i love every other subject and can do well in them, but english is my weakness. it should in no means be compulsory and if it must be it should not count to your UAI if its not one of your best subjects. i do 12 units and because of english two of my good units will not count. i am ranked in the top five for all subjects apart from english were i am a poor 37th out of 67th so my rank sucks any way so i cant benefit from others in the exam, even by some weird luck i do do well my rank will bring it down anyway. why bother?

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Lets spend sometime on English instead of writing up this post then. We willl complain after the HSC...of course, though the selfish selves we are, we won't care by then... let the future gerations suffer because we suffered, lol. We have nothing else to do, they won't suddenly change it.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Shadose said:
Lets spend sometime on English instead of writing up this post then. We willl complain after the HSC...of course, though the selfish selves we are, we won't care by then... let the future gerations suffer because we suffered, lol. We have nothing else to do, they won't suddenly change it.
Easy for u 2 say, sounds like u made english ! ><

ASNSWR127

HSC
Well the problem is the amountof fluffiness in the curriculam...

"imaginitive journey's".... phhh what a load of BS!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
if i didn't ahve english i'd probably be 98+

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Why do people do Advanced English instead of Standard when they suck at it? It's annoying, they're a pain in class and spend all their time WHINING ON BOS!!!

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
Why do people do Advanced English instead of Standard when they suck at it? It's annoying, they're a pain in class and spend all their time WHINING ON BOS!!!
cuz we're leet

muffin55

Banned
HSC
yeahh, english will probably bring me down.

Say if you get around 77 for adv. english and in the 80's and above for everything else... will it affect u a lot?

HSC
i feel quite confident... as my teacher put it n shes a senior marker, its not nesssery now much u know its how well u can bullshit/....

micky131

HSC
english makes me vomit i havent learnt a thing all year and thanks to english for ruining my high status..

1st science
2nd maths
2nd PE
2nd ART
and then.....

12th english sooooo shite!!!!!

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
:burn: english is a bitch. I would go so far as to say its discriminatory to those who are logical/mathematical/scientific minded instead of english/bullshit minded.

Think about it, if you're english minded you can make all of your subjects english-y ones (extension english, history, etc) but if you're logical minded noooooo you're FORCED to do crappy english.

I'm not saying english is useless however. I do actually see some value in it (although it should be more spelling/grammar focused). BUT it shouldnt be forced to count towards UAI. If they kept english compulsory, maths (e.g. general) should be too to make it FAIR.

This is probably an over generalisation but its also a bit sexist I think. There is a higher percentage of females that are english-dominated than males. Making us suffffeerrr ahaha.

I used a UAI estimator to work out my UAI with changes to english. I put in my marks that are realistically achievable in my other subjects and 80 for english (approx where i stand) and it came out at 93, whereas when made english the same percentile band as my next lowest subject it came out at 98! Does that say something or what....

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Lol, Adv is probably gonna be my highest mark, with Ext coming in a close second :|

Maths = my downfall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)