Anyone feel that... (1 Viewer)

Reikira

HSC
they cannot finish writing all 3 essays within 2 hours.

Or is it just me?

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I know how you feel. I didn't finish all 3 my trials. I doubt I will pull 15/20 for half a speeches essay again.
I'm practicing writing out all 3 in 2 hours tonight :(

Reikira

HSC
I'm in the same plight as you are.

I can barely manage around 500 words in 40 minutes.

If Economics expects 800 words in 60 minutes.... then why the F%^# does English only get 40 min per essay?

Dw too much... paraphrase ur quotes if u need to.

And do not attempt to make ur writing neat..... when the exam starts.... you SPAM!!!
Yeah, i always go over time on one essay for like 10 minutes and then 10 minutes again....

fml

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC

If Economics expects 800 words in 60 minutes.... then why the F%^# does English only get 40 min per essay?

And do not attempt to make ur writing neat..... when the exam starts.... you SPAM!!!

EDIT: Wait.... did I say paraphrase...... no DON'T!!! I mean't use ellipsis (...) for long quotes.
'Nomics essays allocate a recommended 35 minutes, so you don't have much of a case there. I agree though 40 mins means the exams overly favour those who can rote learn and write fast and that's why Advanced English is almost exclusively hated by all those with average or below handwriting speed.

dadeng

HSC
even for ESL paper 2, 1 hour for 2 essays ( 700 words in each at least ) damn..

D94

HSC
N/A

Or is it just me?
Of course everyone gets that feeling, but you just have to (if you want to do well).

umz93

HSC
Im a slow writer, for me a change in pen did the trick.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Panic isn't (not winging, just sayin')
Hmm, true. I'm the type where if I panic - I'll set to work, but others aren't that type... so I don't know really. HSC is a pressure cooker for sure, I didn't feel it all that much - but others did, and you just have to do the best you can I suppose, and channel that panic into productive work.

SpreadTheWord

HSC

EDIT: Wait.... did I say paraphrase...... no DON'T!!! I mean't use ellipsis (...) for long quotes.
No offence bud, but that is pretty slow. I've written 1550 in 50 minutes before. In these exams you should be aiming at 250-300 words every 10 minutes. This way you can add 5 minutes on to the hardest topic and question.

breeee

HSC
It's about 1000 words per essay right? give or take?

amour

Female
HSC

Or is it just me?
and they expect us to make one up on the spot rather than have pre-prepared mould-able answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)