Anyone finished their major project? (1 Viewer)

Has anyone finished their major?

• Yep completed all fine

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Nope havent even started

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Almost their..

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • What major ?!

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

yurbel

Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
u dont realli need a teacher for sdd u just need a brain and some determination to learn urself
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. My school has one of the top SDD teachers in the state (He was the second guy at the Sydney Uni lectures) and we regularly trounce most of the selective schools in the HSC (in terms of percentiles).

HOWEVER we do not have many other teachers like him in the school and as a result, get shit marks in everything else. Go figure.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
4am..., school in 2 hours..... finishing my major work....hand in tomrroww....

Kn1ght_M4r3

Hey for those who have completed their projects how many pages altogether?

i dunno if my teacher was exaggerating a little bit coz he said there were students at another school who had 3000 pages of documentation? like wtf thats a full 6 of those Reflex packs u get lol with 500 in a pack. ;)

I was just wondering how many pages is everyones elses

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
our part 1 is 60 and programming and user doc. is around 50. as it turns out we didnt have to do so much with the user doc, just the program was enough.

Soliah

Project Documentation 24 pages

That's including the Title page and Contents. The help was seperate and I think was around another 10-20 pages. And I didn't kill any trees for this assignment. Handed it in softcopy :p

Got my results back today! 97.5% I'm happy :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by yurbel
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. My school has one of the top SDD teachers in the state (He was the second guy at the Sydney Uni lectures) and we regularly trounce most of the selective schools in the HSC (in terms of percentiles).

HOWEVER we do not have many other teachers like him in the school and as a result, get shit marks in everything else. Go figure.
i dunno me and a few other students r averaging 95+ for exams so far... and yeah... our teacher doesn't really know anything about SDD

yet the tests are pretty hard... well considered hard by most of the class coz he didnt "teach" us some parts in our exams so yeah... self study for me = good marks ! :p

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
FFS, is it only our school that requires A LOT of documentation, a friend of mine already have 560 pages of code ONLY.

My documentation is going over 100 pages already *sigh*

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i dont wanna do year 12 sdd anymore *cries*

100 pages wahhh...

Soliah

Originally posted by enak
FFS, is it only our school that requires A LOT of documentation, a friend of mine already have 560 pages of code ONLY.

As in the source code? Why submit all the source code? Algorithms should be all that's needed. My total documentation totaled about 40pages max...and thats double line spacing, since my teacher prefers it like that...

I guess its what your teacher expects, but IMO over 100pgs of documentation is really excessive.

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
we are supposed to submit our source code as some form of system documentation, but it is just too much to print out...

del

HSC
N/A
hand it on a cd....... and save the trees.... :p

unless it specifically has to be printed....

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by enak

waves
thats me, yeah sounds a bit crazy
not disgusting coding but alot of coding underlying the program i've created

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Well, I hope you don't have to make last minute modifications :p

lbft

Geek
HSC
Mine turned out to be 124 pages including the printed code (we were specifically directed to print our code for some reason.) I think the actual amount of code was something like 70 pages.

Kn1ght_M4r3

maybe in case the cd or flopy might be corrupt.
and maybe so that can mark wherever they are, dont tihnk all teachers wouldhave laptops to take everywhere hehhehe. s0o yeah maybe they want to mark it somewhere other then home.
bleh thats jus my 2 cents lol. well if i was a teacher id do it like that. get some good scenery then mark it there

Paully

i think that having a good teacher is essential
I have a good teacher who knows alot and dont take it personally guy from ashfield but this selective school isnt about to get all tramped over by ur school.

Oh and im in yr 11 doin yr 12

Garick

i handed my project in on thursday. my code was 100 pages exactly and covered 19 forms. It took me 27 attempts to compile :D. I alos killed my computer rooms laser printer, so i had to get it running again.

we were instructed not to hand in all our code if it was absolutely massive (like mine) but to make a set of code samples so that all the core important procedures were in the documentation. my documentation was 30 pages long.

100 page of documentation. man, id hate your school. i wrote most of my documentation in the 3 days before my program was due, cauuse it took me til then to get my program operational. THank christ for logbooks or i wouldnt have all the draft work i needed to do my documentation correctly.

my SDD teacher kicks arse, i ave him for engineering studies as well. Heisnt the most skilled teacher in the world, but he lets us work at our own pace and can read any structural programs logic, regardless of wether he can code it.
One guy in my class had to bring in his own computer to run his program, he did a fully accurate 3D moidel of the solar system including orbits and gravity and stuff. Then he gave people the ability to pass an object with a set mass through the system, like a meteor. bloody brilliant piece of software.

i did a DnD character generator, and i will never use VB to make one again. at 100 pages of code it still wasnt finished

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
mine major project is due after the trails but i finished it so i dun have to worry abt it during the trails...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)