Anyone get a scholarhsip yet? (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
There's a difference:
1. You haven't heard from them
2. Or you got a rejection letter

if u haven't heard from them there is still a chance u can get a scholarship.....if u got a rejection letter then...oh well...

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Oh ok, i didnt know know medical science still fell into that science major type thing.

Is this the achievement or entry alumni one?
You get considered for this via application for any USYD scholarship, so u just missed out on the 5k one?
Achievement one.....yeh I had to apply for it...but I can still be offered a 5k one...if they do offer it to me then they'll give the Science scholarship to someone else...

AGB

HSC
yeah i got an offer for $5k a year for 5 years a few weeks ago... very happy :D

i got a uai of 99.00 and had pretty good extra curriculars.. but im very surprised that Rach*B missed out..

schmackers

HSC
N/A
has anyone heard anything from the uni since they accepted the scholarship? are we meant to have received a confirmation letter or something?

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
schmackers said:
has anyone heard anything from the uni since they accepted the scholarship? are we meant to have received a confirmation letter or something?
I was just asking the same question. i haven't recieved a letter of confirmation or anything yet....

Plebeian

schmackers said:
Haven't heard anything and don't remember ever being promised to receive anything, so I wouldn't worry.

margaret_gn

HSC
I did debating, got dux twice in yrs 9-10, second overall in yrs 11-12, 1st in at least 4 subjects every year, did grade 8 piano & singing, got heaps of HDs in maths/science comps, represented the school in zone sports (tennis and cross country), been treasurer/peer support leader, done lots of community service (although this was compulsory lol!), UAI 99.25...got a rejection letter though...can't imagine what else they want! They did say in the rejection letter that I was still elligible for faculty scholarships, but haven't heard anything from them (I'm doing BSc/BCommerce). Does it mean that I can still be in the reserve list? or am a rejected for that too? Thanks.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
margaret_gn said:
I did debating, got dux twice in yrs 9-10, second overall in yrs 11-12, 1st in at least 4 subjects every year, did grade 8 piano & singing, got heaps of HDs in maths/science comps, represented the school in zone sports (tennis and cross country), been treasurer/peer support leader, done lots of community service (although this was compulsory lol!), UAI 99.25...got a rejection letter though...can't imagine what else they want! They did say in the rejection letter that I was still elligible for faculty scholarships, but haven't heard anything from them (I'm doing BSc/BCommerce). Does it mean that I can still be in the reserve list? or am a rejected for that too? Thanks.
If they said you could still get faculty ones it means you didnt get on the reserve list for the undergraduate scholarship, however people do reject facult scholarships and you may still be in with a shot. As far as i know there are also many scholarships based on HSC marks still available that are offered after the census on March 31st (such as the proficiency in Mathematics in the HSC which im hoping to get!)

margaret_gn

HSC
acmilan said:
If they said you could still get faculty ones it means you didnt get on the reserve list for the undergraduate scholarship, however people do reject facult scholarships and you may still be in with a shot. As far as i know there are also many scholarships based on HSC marks still available that are offered after the census on March 31st (such as the proficiency in Mathematics in the HSC which im hoping to get!)
Thanks for that acmilan, do you know when the faculties know if people reject the faculty scholarships and when they can offer them to people like me? and do I need to apply for the scholarships based on HSC marks?

envy87

HSC
schmackers said:
yeah i've received nothing either, and i've sent an email and left a message with the science faculty and no reply...i'm just paranoid as to whether they received all the forms and stuff...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
margaret_gn said:
Thanks for that acmilan, do you know when the faculties know if people reject the faculty scholarships and when they can offer them to people like me? and do I need to apply for the scholarships based on HSC marks?
No idea about when they will offer rejected scholarships. As for HSC mark based scholarships you dont need to apply, however there may be some criteria eg. for the Maths one you would have had to do extremely well in the 2 unit HSC course and also enrol in atleast 12 Credit points of junior maths.

envy87

HSC
acmilan said:
for the Maths one you would have had to do extremely well in the 2 unit HSC course and also enrol in atleast 12 Credit points of junior maths.
for the maths one do they only look at top 2U maths marks...or do people who did 4 U get preference, since they did a *harder* course?

t.

HSC
I haven't got any replies either....I sent a few messages to the guy they said to ask about scholarships and nothing...maybe they're still on holidays and will issue them when we actually start uni. Better be before the date we have to make our partial up-front payments though!

Does anyone know if scholarship money is limited only to uni fees etc? Or if you can do whatever with it...to a certain extent only of course...??

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
envy87 said:
for the maths one do they only look at top 2U maths marks...or do people who did 4 U get preference, since they did a *harder* course?
Only 2 unit. 3 Unit is considered in the case of 2 people getting equal in 2 unit.

envy87

HSC
acmilan said:
Only 2 unit. 3 Unit is considered in the case of 2 people getting equal in 2 unit.
phew, i thought i was gonna regret not doing 4U [and i actually did sorta regret it for a while...but pfft, hsc is over now, i don't care, but for a while i did]

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
But theres not much scholarships, 2 if i remember, and damn it i came 3rd in the state! Hoping one of the guys that beat me didnt go to usyd

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Hey everyone who's on the reserve list for a scholarship (and doing science)...i've just been told that the next batch of offers were released on wednesday so they should be arriving soon.....i just got upgraded from my Science Alumni scholarship($2000) to a University entry scholarship ($5000) yay!!.....and i'm still on reserve list for a Merit scholarship...

The lady said that scholarship offers are taking longer than usual (about 3 weeks delayed) because there are lots of indecisive ppl who don't know whether they're gonna enroll at Sydney or whether they're gonna take up their offer or not....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)