• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here do strength training? (1 Viewer)

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
i have so much more respect for powerlifters. bodybuilding is about image, how strong you look not how strong you are. its vain, egocentric and weird (fake tanning for competition). the greatest lift ive ever seen was a 75 year old man at a local powerlifting comp bench 180, deadlift 220 and squat 240.
Yeah you're right. That's why the sport is called 'bodybuilding'. You're meant to build the body to look strong. That doesn't mean they don't strength train. I respect bodybuilders for all the sacrifices they take but in my opinion, the greatest sport ever is boxing.

Last edited:

Venom.

HSC
Brother OJ, its time to eat some humble pie. Marine Muscle is pretty much 100% correct about the obvious failings in your workout schedule :) Rep'd.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I play for my school opens nrl comps. It's a good sport. I'm not to bad either. However the greatest sport IS BOXING!!
Sorry to present the standard argument to 'boxing is the greatest!!!' but yeah..
MMA fucking carves boxing.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hm ive been wanting to take up boxing for a while.

and yes, i cannot straighten my arms, especially my right arm :)

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Sorry to present the standard argument to 'boxing is the greatest!!!' but yeah..
MMA fucking carves boxing.
MMA is alright to watch. I just dont like the idea of using elbows and knees when fighting. It's pretty much a sanctioned street fight between two very skilled fighters. Doesn't sound professional.

It still draws in the crowd. The reason why MMA's popularity has grown highers than boxings is dude to the fact that the heavyweight division is full of bums. And as the heavyweights go, so does boxing.

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
MMA is alright to watch. I just dont like the idea of using elbows and knees when fighting. It's pretty much a sanctioned street fight between two very skilled fighters. Doesn't sound professional.

It still draws in the crowd. The reason why MMA's popularity has grown highers than boxings is dude to the fact that the heavyweight division is full of bums. And as the heavyweights go, so does boxing.
MMA has grown popular because the fights are truer to form of what an actual fight would be like. It also is alot more exciting than almost any other fighting code, and yeah it's definitely not popular just because of 'bums' in the heavyweight division.

Venom.

HSC

Post your stats up MM. Height/Weight/BF.

I'm joining the amateur circuit next year.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
haha, doesnt really feel too good, but at least i know ive thoroughly destroyed them, meaning ive worked out enough :)

Venom.

HSC
sorry but no. pain on that level is your body's way of saying DONT DO THAT AGAIN.
no you cawk. its your body's way of saying - "lets do that again :wave:". So fuck you and your 100 reps of 1.5kg dumbells. No pain no gain.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Post your stats up MM. Height/Weight/BF.

I'm joining the amateur circuit next year.
Height is 175 / 82kg / i dont know. I dont have a six pack, but my stomach is like flat. The rest of my body is muscular. I have never actually checked my bf. My amatuer record is under my name. I haven't competed since 07 and im not going to until HSC is over.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
no you cawk. its your body's way of saying - "lets do that again :wave:". So fuck you and your 100 reps of 1.5kg dumbells. No pain no gain.
Not really. Pain is a sign of muscle fatigue and cramps. It's not a bad thing. However it's not the body's way of saying 'lets do that again' and its not the bodys way of saying 'dont do that again'. It can be a sign of over training or down right no warm up involved. Warming up can increase muscle growth by 5-10%.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
guise, its the body's way of sayin "ok omar youve done enough, now no more weights till i heal up. oh btw, eat plenty of protein while ur at it to optimise my healing and growth"

trust me.

Last edited:

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
guise, its the body's way of sayin "ok omar youve done enough, now no more weights till i heal up. oh btw, eat plenty of protein while ur at it to optimise my healing and growth"

trust me.
Are you speaking to me? Dude you don't know waht your talking about. No weights while your arms hurt? Then your gona miss like 3 days of workouts cause your hurting? Of course you eat protein. Your muscles need protein to grow. Protein release amino acids that help repair muscles. You grow when you sleep. I've been working out since i was 14. I started of with stupid workout routines before someone told me to get educated. So i searched and asked people. Now i know what im doing perfectly. But if someone more experienced comes along and tel lme im doing this wrong and i should do something else instead. I would change what i'm doing.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i thought it was bad for ur muscles to work out continueously?

i read that ur muscles need to be healed to work out again, otherwise ur muscles break down?

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
i thought it was bad for ur muscles to work out continueously?

i read that ur muscles need to be healed to work out again, otherwise ur muscles break down?
Wtf? Ok so my biceps are hurting. Im going to let them heal for 2 days. I miss my back and chest workouts. Wrong. Your muscles need to heal. So you work the one muscle once a week. Major muscles can be worked out twice a week. Like your biceps might be hurting but you can still work your chest. It trigers your triceps and shoulders mostly.

EDIT: One more thing. Wtf is with the banana? Everyone has it now...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)