• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here do strength training? (3 Viewers)

finkykuck

Banned
HSC
N/A
You working out so many major muscles in one workout proves you don't. Hey i was only trying to help:rofl:.
WRONG. I'm a meso-ectomorph and I rely heavily on compound exercises to stimluate as many hormones for maximum growth. Stuffing around with isolation exercises doesn't work for me and in 3 months I've managed to put on 5 kilos of lean muscle just by flogging myself with heavy presses, pulls and countless amounts of squats.

Everyone's got a different body type and it's important for people to experiment to find out what works best. If the guys making gains leave him alone.

HalcyonSky

HSC
marine muscle knows what hes talking about

take his advice

and finky, compound exercises are a different story to working out a heap of different muscle groups seperately, im pretty sure marine knows this

finkykuck

Banned
HSC
N/A

take his advice

and finky, compound exercises are a different story to working out a heap of different muscle groups seperately, im pretty sure marine knows this
I do all the major muscle groups in a workout, planches cover all the minor muscles that I dont work with the compound exercises

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ok so forced negatives feel quite awesome, u get a massive pump and its a great way to finish off biceps, leaving you nice and dead.

will do from now on :)

finkykuck

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok so forced negatives feel quite awesome, u get a massive pump and its a great way to finish off biceps, leaving you nice and dead.

will do from now on :)
watch out, overworking the biceps can give you IMMENSE pain for a few days

finkykuck

Banned
HSC
N/A
it sucks ey, i had it for a week after trying to max out one arm rows, i freaking almost cried when i tried to straighten my arm the next day. was walking around with two right angles for arms

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
aahahahahahahha, yeah happened to me too first time i did weights.

bent arms for next 2-3 days, pain for next few more days, by next week it'd be gone.

tho this doesnt happen to me anymore, but these forced negatives may bring up that effect again.

maybe shouldve used heavier weight in forced negative..

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
WRONG. I'm a meso-ectomorph and I rely heavily on compound exercises to stimluate as many hormones for maximum growth. Stuffing around with isolation exercises doesn't work for me and in 3 months I've managed to put on 5 kilos of lean muscle just by flogging myself with heavy presses, pulls and countless amounts of squats.

Everyone's got a different body type and it's important for people to experiment to find out what works best. If the guys making gains leave him alone.
Dude, compound exercises and isolation exercises are two different things. Sure everyone has different methods to reach gains. I have seen pro bodybuilders work two major muscles in conjuction however i have never seen anybody work out more than two body parts at once.

For example, biceps and back or chest and legs. But he is working out 4 muscles at once. Unless he is superman i dont see him hitting his full potential. Ofcourse he will see gains but nothing as good as what he should be seeing.

take his advice

Thanks dude.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I actually have pretty chunky legs lol.

Thanks for the (neutral) rep DOTA

:)

finkykuck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Dude, compound exercises and isolation exercises are two different things. Sure everyone has different methods to reach gains. I have seen pro bodybuilders work two major muscles in conjuction however i have never seen anybody work out more than two body parts at once.

For example, biceps and back or chest and legs. But he is working out 4 muscles at once. Unless he is superman i dont see him hitting his full potential. Ofcourse he will see gains but nothing as good as what he should be seeing.

Thanks dude.
really?

why are you hanging around pro bodybuilders? this thread is called STRENGTH training

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
powerlifters > bodybuilders
Powerlifters and bodybuilders are not the same. Powerlifters in general only strength train. Bodybuilders weight train, however on a regular basis they also strength train. Dude there is a reason they bench 180 kilos. It doesnt just come from weight training. Strength training plays a major role.

finkykuck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Powerlifters and bodybuilders are not the same. Powerlifters in general only strength train. Bodybuilders weight train, however on a regular basis they also strength train. Dude there is a reason they bench 180 kilos. It doesnt just come from weight training. Strength training plays a major role.
i have so much more respect for powerlifters. bodybuilding is about image, how strong you look not how strong you are. its vain, egocentric and weird (fake tanning for competition). the greatest lift ive ever seen was a 75 year old man at a local powerlifting comp bench 180, deadlift 220 and squat 240.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)