• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here in ADFA? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I haven't got a scanner, and I have lost the cable which connects my digital camera to my computer.... I left it at home when I went on holiday.

You can buy the Monthly at the newsagent. It's a new magazine, this is only the second edition, and there are some big names writing for it. Charles Firth (of Chaser fame) wrote the article on ADFA.

If I find a way to put it up I will.

Last edited:

deadnature

HSC
For the people who applied at ADFA - wat did you put under the Leadership column i.e. "List any leadership positions you have held" I mean i haven't been a scool captain or footy captain or anythin. Does it really matter if you don't have anythin ???

reece123

HSC
I had the same problem m8. I aint got no real leadership experience, and i asked my defence recruiter and she said that it does put u at a bit of a disadvantage, but they understand that ur at school and havent had many opportunities to get it.

Assesment day coming up 4 me, hope it goes good.

Anyone know much about the Officer Tertiary Recruitment Scheme? Like what process do I have to go through, OSB? Also if I do join OTRS you train with the University regiments, anyone part of that right now?

deadnature

HSC
Hey people just went to my JOES day and passed it - piece of cake - I just got my Assessment day, Flight screening and OSB left now. The aptitude was pretty straight forward and the ADFA maths test was pretty cool too. But this Flight Screening Program does sound a bit intimidating.

deadnature

HSC
Oh yeah and if anyone has been the process of becoming a pilot through ADF - could you please give me some tips on what they're going to expect and what is in store after the JOES day. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks

deadnature

HSC
velox said:
whoa, if ur applying for flight crew or pilot, you should know all your stuff INSIDE OUT. Make sure you do, or you have little chance.
Definitely, I'm reading non-stop about becoming a pilot both with the military and civilian. I want the upper hand agianst other applicants so i am doing everything in my power to become worthy.

In regards to Komaticom, are you going to apply agian????

deadnature

HSC
Oh well man, i know this might sound presumptious but i guess it's fate (if you can get your mind around the whole fate concept)

cerebrum

HSC
Sorry to get off the topic, but is applying for ADFA to prepare yourself to become a pilot really worth the excitement. There is a risk of dying in some scenario. What is the death rate for becoming a pilot in relation to ejecting etc.

deadnature

HSC
cerebrum said:
Sorry to get off the topic, but is applying for ADFA to prepare yourself to become a pilot really worth the excitement. There is a risk of dying in some scenario. What is the death rate for becoming a pilot in relation to ejecting etc.
I think that due to the whole selection process you have the chance (both willingly and unwillingly) to express why you want a certain position in the ADF. Once you have passed this process, you know that there will be a small chance that you may die on the job but people applying for ADF know this and must be totally prepared for the worst. And besides there is more of a chance for you to die in a car crash or a train wreck on the way to work or school - that's comforting

Last edited:

sega

HSC
is greco roman/freestyle wrestling included in the list of sports the airforce offers?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
Illegal globally or only in Australia?
I think it's illegal in Australia, can't remember. We were looking at an article for it in yr10 PE.

bree =)

HSC
N/A
I'm interested in going to adfa next year and have my assessment day coming up. Just wondering from your point of view what the lifestyle's like? In terms of freedom, fun, stuff to do ect. Also, i read that only 12% of adfa cadets are female??

Thanks

Evilo

HSC
bree =) said:
Also, i read that only 12% of adfa cadets are female??

Thanks
It's the army, expect alot of sausage.

There is an increasing number of females, still the ratio between the two is quite high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)