Anyone here in ADFA? (1 Viewer)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
You will need to have basic knowledge of the DF, like knowing the name of the Chief, the name of the terrorist org that bombed the Australian embassy in Jakarta, the standard issue rifle of the Aus DF, the name of the old Aus battle tank and the name of the tank that replaced the old one (only for Army, though you'll probably be asked something about aircrafts or ships if you're applying for the other Services.)
I did my JOES at Brisbane. I just got asked stuff like 'can you think of a time you showed leadership/initiative/responsbility?' 'describe yourself in 5 words' 'if you were deployed, would you have a problem shooting at someone?''what made you want to be in the ADF?''why do you think you are a suitable officer candidate?' and so on and so forth. I don't remember getting asked anything about aircraft (as I was applying for RAAF), but was told to learn ranks and other basic stuff about the ADF... but I already knew that kind of stuff from being in cadets. But yeah... most of my questions were about me.

Komaticom said:
You will also do a Maths and/or English test after your psych depending on what position you're applying for as well as the Service.
Oh yes... ADFA candidates are required to do a maths test. I remember now. If you do/did maths in yr 12, it shouldn't be a problem (if I passed...).

reece123

HSC
What if u cant think of a time when you showed leadership or responsibility.
Ive never had ny experience as a 'leader' eg. captain or nything which i hear they ask

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
reece123 said:
What if u cant think of a time when you showed leadership or responsibility.
Ive never had ny experience as a 'leader' eg. captain or nything which i hear they ask
They certainly do ask you about leadership. Hmm... Komaticom's suggestions are good. Do that. But also, think about why you want to go to ADFA. Keep in mind that you are applying for an officer position, and officers are leaders. So think about why you THINK you would be a good leader, what you would do... tell them the qualities you have that would be effective. Just sell yourself. But yes... leadership is a pretty big thing.

deadnature

HSC
Im real keen to join ADFA, ive applied over the phone, and im goin to Parra to do the tests there. Does anyone have any info that will be useful i.e. what are the ranks that i need to know or questions that they ask etc. Anythin will be appreciated. oh yea, im applyin to become a officer BE - Mechanical

deadnature

HSC
ok sweet thanks, one more thing whats the competition like at the end of the selection process like?

deadnature

HSC
Yea i thought it would be like that, i suppose they only take the kids that show potential. What did you apply for?

deadnature

HSC
Do you know if its necessary for RAAF applicants to do a presentation i.e. speech

reece123

HSC
Had JOE's 2day, after originally applying for ADFA infantry officer i changed my mind because I didnt think i would get in because of my lack of leadership experience, so changed 1st preference to rifleman. After aptidtude tests they recomended i try for ADFA infantry officer, so now its my 1st preference again.
Do I have any chance at all seeing as I have no leadershiop experience eg, sport captain, prefect???

deadnature

HSC
reece123 said:
Had JOE's 2day, after originally applying for ADFA infantry officer i changed my mind because I didnt think i would get in because of my lack of leadership experience, so changed 1st preference to rifleman. After aptidtude tests they recomended i try for ADFA infantry officer, so now its my 1st preference again.
Do I have any chance at all seeing as I have no leadershiop experience eg, sport captain, prefect???
I suppose they only would offer the position to sum1 that has had experience in bein a leader if not sum1 that can control people under tense conditions.

In response to the "out of the blue" maths skills quizzes, i think i should be alright as long as they dont ask questions that are too hard.

If anyone is doin their JOES day on the 7th of June let us know...

deadnature

HSC
Wat kind of questions do they ask in the aptitude tests?
And what they hell am i gonna say for the oral presentation

God this whole process is taxing - and i havent started yet!!!!

deadnature

HSC
Thanks man, youve been alot of help, i will take into consideration what youve said

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Friends of mine have drunk over at ADFA's bar, apparently the beers are subsidised and are around $1. Have fun!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Oh another thing, don't let them talk you into taking a particular position that you don't want, because they have a quota of (for example) bosuns to fill each month, and they will try to manipulate new applicants to meet this quota.

deadnature

HSC
Yeah i know wat you mean -

I just got off the phone with a DR and it looks like i cant do Mech Engg, why? my UAI was insufficient by 1.5 marks. F@#%!.

That's cool i can try out for B Tech Aviation. Does anyone know where i could find some info about it like what service i could do it through...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)