• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone looking for a state rank? (1 Viewer)

apollo1

Banned
HSC
they hand out 20 in chem so destiny shuld be able to get one easily from his position.

interesting

HSC
N/A
how many state ranks are usually given out per subject? 10?

Alkanes

HSC
You have to keep in mind that you're competing against everyone in NSW not just Ruse.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
What's your name btw, I will be looking out for you in the state rank lists =)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm.

English Advanced and English Extension I would be nice.

I'm aiming for 98+ in Ancient History so I guess that'd be in the top 10 of the state?

Legal Studies would be nice to get, but it's the first year of the syllabus, so I'll see how i go :p

I did SOR I last yr and got 49/50, came 8th in the state.

hayabusaboston

HSC
You have to keep in mind that you're competing against everyone in NSW not just Ruse.
Yea man I know, abbotsleigh is pretty good too. They had a girl called Emma Watson HAHA who came first in biology with 99.95 ATAR. O MY GOD that would be hilarious if 2nd and third were rupert grint and daniel radcliffe hahaha.

What's your name btw, I will be looking out for you in the state rank lists =)
Look for a guy who appears 5 times in state rankings for chem, physics, maths and english :) assuming I work hard enough of course.

Last edited:

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Hmm.

English Advanced and English Extension I would be nice.

I'm aiming for 98+ in Ancient History so I guess that'd be in the top 10 of the state?

Legal Studies would be nice to get, but it's the first year of the syllabus, so I'll see how i go :p

I did SOR I last yr and got 49/50, came 8th in the state.
reading that sample paragraph on belonging you sent me a while back, i have no doubt you will get state rank in english.

herbs1

HSC
Well with hard enough work shouldn't be a problem, and the fact that I have more time for subjects in yr 12 with acceleration.
From the perspective of an accelerant who finished 8 units (4U maths, physics and IPT), it's not that good. It destroys you kinda...Because you're under pressure for 2 years, and the added time you have is used up by a willingness to do better in all other subjects, so in the end, you end up more stressed and tired.

barbernator

HSC
woah herbs, 8 units early!!!! how many are u doing this year?

hayabusaboston

HSC
From the perspective of an accelerant who finished 8 units (4U maths, physics and IPT), it's not that good. It destroys you kinda...Because you're under pressure for 2 years, and the added time you have is used up by a willingness to do better in all other subjects, so in the end, you end up more stressed and tired.
Not really, I personally don't get stressed and tired over exams, I know it sounds ridiculous but exams are a source of excitement for me, and I really hope to do well so It's a postiive thing for me, Im not like "Oh dammit exams sh*t what am I gonna do..." im more like "Yeaa exams righto lets get 100 percent"

and maths is really fun anyway, and easier than other subjects for me.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Not really, I personally don't get stressed and tired over exams, I know it sounds ridiculous but exams are a source of excitement for me, and I really hope to do well so It's a postiive thing for me, Im not like "Oh dammit exams sh*t what am I gonna do..." im more like "Yeaa exams righto lets get 100 percent"

just make sure you dont overdo things. theres so many ppl who try too hard at school and when they go to uni they get a reality check.

herbs1

HSC

This was my story, but you'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)