• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone looking for a state rank? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
This was my story, but you'll see.
I will see? yea man of course. Im not you, you're not me. That's the beauty of our human population hey ;) We're all different. And according to the pauli exclusion principle of quantum mechanics, even two individual particles can not be in exactly the same state. We are all different and approach things and deal with things differently. I am hoping I can go okay in yr 11 and 12, and I understand the stress you went through, but just wanted to explain that I won't have to stress just because others do.

13abie

HSC
I want one for modern history or English extension 1.

I think i have a decent shot at both, but to be honest I enjoy chem more so id rather study that and give up my chances for a state rank.
Also economics sucks up so much time, and only 1 unit is gonna count which pisses me off so much because i waste so much time fucking studying the shit subject.

Sorry I haven't been outside for like 3 weeks and gf hates me cause I bar her now and im getting fat and *HSC RAGEEEEEE*

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea man I know, abbotsleigh is pretty good too. They had a girl called Emma Watson HAHA who came first in biology with 99.95 ATAR. O MY GOD that would be hilarious if 2nd and third were rupert grint and daniel radcliffe hahaha.

Look for a guy who appears 5 times in state rankings for chem, physics, maths and english :) assuming I work hard enough of course.
Why not aim for 500 aggregate while you are it?

Chambalam

HSC
Isn't it luck to a large degree? I mean in reality, when you're talking about 99+ as an ATAR, or 97+ in a subject - doesn't whether you get a 97 or a 99 nearly come down to that little headache you had that morning, or that awkward 7 mark question, or that damn dog that kept barking out the window?

Not saying that getting a state rank is 'luck,' but i feel the final stroke in getting that position comes down to some degree of statistical outlying :\

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Im trying to get state rank for standard english (Band 6 lol hahah)... but i think ill end up with high 80's possibly.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I will see? yea man of course. Im not you, you're not me. That's the beauty of our human population hey ;) We're all different. And according to the pauli exclusion principle of quantum mechanics, even two individual particles can not be in exactly the same state. We are all different and approach things and deal with things differently. I am hoping I can go okay in yr 11 and 12, and I understand the stress you went through, but just wanted to explain that I won't have to stress just because others do.
Exclusion principle = no two electrons in the same atom can have all four quantum numbers the same lol, which is completely different from two individual particles. i don't know where you sourced your information from, but it's not doing you any good

it's amazing the arrogance you show "oh lets beat every ruse lolol and get like state rank in every subject that i do". Keep ur aims realistic or you'll be sorely disappointed m8

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Exclusion principle = no two electrons in the same atom can have all four quantum numbers the same lol, which is completely different from two individual particles. i don't know where you sourced your information from, but it's not doing you any good

it's amazing the arrogance you show "oh lets beat every ruse lolol and get like state rank in every subject that i do". Keep ur aims realistic or you'll be sorely disappointed m8
I highly doubt he/she will even get 1 state rank with that attitude.

jamesfirst

HSC

I don't get this.... what does it mean by the two electrons not being able to possess all quantum numbers? ??

herbs1

HSC

also this. You're not amazing enough to state rank in anything, let alone all your subs LOL. But it's k, I will come back to see your post "OMG HSC IS UNFAIR111!!!!111"

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
I was just curious in knowing what the (raw & scaled/aligned) state rank marks would be for IPT?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

He's in Yr 10 - I can't blame him. Nevertheless, hayabusaboston, don't write shit like 'I will rape all in Ruse... and state rank' because it makes you sound ostentatious and will set you up for disappointment later in life (albeit if you fail to accomplish said reasons). As Official stated - keep your aims realistic.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Twice the pride, double the fall.

Ergh, self-importance and sheer arrogance shits me to no end.

Yay for Mensa. I may just hate Mensa now, just because of hayabusaboston.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)