• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone need any help in history?.. (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Birrong boys high school lol,not the best school in the world but i got a really good history teacher who explains everything before we do the questions so if i get stuck i just try remember what she said.Another factor is proberly just another personality trait of mine iv always been intrested in history,iv read a sea of books about ancient greec and their philosophers,wrote a pretty comprehensiv biography on Alexander the great and a report on u.f.o's.Its proberly just natural and i enjoy doing it and reading and writing in general so history pretty much up my avenue.Its kind of ironic because i personally find history so easy i've choson do to the 3 sciences next year because also like that aswell and i can read history anytime at will but to understand and apply science is a whole different areana,as im really interested in astrophysics and want to know the cause of the big-bang but to do that,just like einstein theirs a "bit of maths involved" which is a bit of a understatement.Whic is kind of ironic because its kind of a turn-off to some people and they avoid it entirely for that and religious reasons aswell but in the end it masks the beaty of a simple equation such as newtons laws which applies to every object in the universe except at the quantum level ofcourse but generally to everyday life to be unamazed or ignorent of these wonders is like as leonardo da vinci said it "being cows eating grass,without any knowledge of botany".Anyway thats my "humble'pinion i guess.(name dropper!!!)
so what subjects are u doing next year? I know that you're doing visual arts and sciences. no history? but you're good at history.

Riot09

HSC
yeagh i know all my friends jaw dropped when they found but the thing our school isnt really known for its attendence record the fact that its a boys school makes feel more like a prison really my teacher joke about it once saying that "they paint prisons blue to calm down inmates" she said it on a de-facto lecture on the psychology of colours in art she didnt mean it at first but then made a joke out of it after she realised.

Anyway we only get to choose 4 subjects for a our hsc and pre-lim

next year im doing maths and maths ext 1 or i think they just call it 3u,english advanced pretty much in our school if youre in the top class you immediately get hitched to english advanced and ofcouse the 3 sciences and finally Visual arts which under my impression from the reactions iv got they've already made the 1st in art award. (its kind of weird really that i havent done history i came 1st in history in year 8 and second in year 9 and from the looks of this 1st in 2009. anather weird thing was when i found out i topped the class in history i felt sort if dissapointed beacuse to me it felt so easy yet everyone was complaining about the mc afterward which was tricky i got 11 out 15 for that and full marks for the 2 short answers and 13/15 for the essay.

Anyway to youre comment i know that im good at history but maybe just too good,as that i dont really fill challenged enough and the fact that i only really know alot of science theory andhave yet to tackle the applications of that subject.So these are my reasons that im not doing history next year and plus i can read history anytime and i will continue to casually read about history in the future.ill proberly write a few books in the future if i get the time.Another factor is that history isnt really a pre-requisite to anything along with legal studies and alot of the humanities so i dont think theres any other reason to do them over the maths and science thats just my opinion and not a stab on the subjects.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
so you're kinda like the dux of your school? awesome.
great choice of subjects - 3u maths, english advanced, 3 sciences and visual arts. = 13 units (WOW!)
what r u going to do in uni?

Riot09

HSC
i guess so theres just one other guy in my year whos picking everything that im doing except visual arts ofcourse anyway he's proberly my new adversary i guess,he like the complete opposite of me i reckon ill top him in english anyday it's just the maths im uneasy/eager about because it's a pre-requiste to like every science career known to western civilisation so if i drop down to general ill proberly become an art,history and science teacher(secondary) ,cop,author,artist or mentalist-house kinda detective.

if i get the uai for uni, i just hope you can pick more than one topic ill proberly study something in medicine: docter,hospital-lab guy,whatever.psychology is also another subject i would love to study and become a shrink or counseller. other courses id love to study would be uni physic's such as quantum and general relativity.neurology is another one,history if they offer it there ill most definately do both ancient and modern there for leisure or fun theres just so many and ofcourse how can i forgot the my favourite subject ill study visual arts ofcouse.there's so much stuff to know and so little time.im curious i guess about alot of subjects paticularly science,art and history so any one of those would be suffice.

what r u going to do in uni?those are my plans but i know there are many phases in life so "misery business" would of course be on the table and walking around the city,drawing,trainning and drawing would proberly take up most of my energy and time so its all specualative now i guess

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol your posts look so daunting.
big pile staring right at me...but somehow i just want to read =O
write in paragraphs =P

Amogh

HSC
N/A
i guess so theres just one other guy in my year whos picking everything that im doing except visual arts ofcourse anyway he's proberly my new adversary i guess,he like the complete opposite of me i reckon ill top him in english anyday it's just the maths im uneasy/eager about because it's a pre-requiste to like every science career known to western civilisation so if i drop down to general ill proberly become an art,history and science teacher(secondary) ,cop,author,artist or mentalist-house kinda detective.

if i get the uai for uni, i just hope you can pick more than one topic ill proberly study something in medicine: docter,hospital-lab guy,whatever.psychology is also another subject i would love to study and become a shrink or counseller. other courses id love to study would be uni physic's such as quantum and general relativity.neurology is another one,history if they offer it there ill most definately do both ancient and modern there for leisure or fun theres just so many and ofcourse how can i forgot the my favourite subject ill study visual arts ofcouse.there's so much stuff to know and so little time.im curious i guess about alot of subjects paticularly science,art and history so any one of those would be suffice.

what r u going to do in uni?those are my plans but i know there are many phases in life so "misery business" would of course be on the table and walking around the city,drawing,trainning and drawing would proberly take up most of my energy and time so its all specualative now i guess
LMAO, mentalist-house kinda detective?
those shows highly exaggerate, with a myriad of false and improbable depictions

there's so much stuff to know and so little time.
lol you were born to be on this site :p

Go in one of the sciences requiring minimal maths, as you hate maths. (for eg. psychologist, i think)

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
i just realised i was so blunt in the last post
sorry

Riot09

HSC
blunt? is not what i percieved proberly because im used to it by now about people asking and pecking at me about what im gonna be/do :spin:

anyway psychologist is proberly my number one goal right now anyway.so you read people really well,i guess .

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol i thought you meant "yeah thanks" sarcastically as of my crudeness.

lmao great minds think alike.

sparrow2

HSC
hey are any of you guys good in geography i need help with human rights and reconciliation the essay

Riot09

HSC
i wish i could help but our class/grade is are a bit behind in our h.s.i.e course and i haven't done those topics yet.so sorry

Gayvin

HSC
Riot my D O double G, i have to make a collage about australia in the 60s, any good ideas on the collage itself and the events that occured in the Sixties. Thanks Bruv.

FTW

HSC
hey are any of you guys good in geography i need help with human rights and reconciliation the essay
I'm ok at geography I came 2nd in the exam (92%) but I haven't fully studied human rights, as we were just starting the topic before the end of the term, so I would probably be no help whatsoever. Sorry:cry:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
can you be more specific?
human rights of aboriginals or migrants?
reconciliation: write about the multitude of policies employed and how they have evolved to reconciliation, with the fluctuating perceptions of society.
then write about how when and why/how this policy came about.
Later elaborate on the effectiveness of the policy and how society has responded.

Riot09

HSC
Originally Posted by sparrow2

i would have to agree on amogh on this one,as i "clocked the revise in a month geo-his excell book in 2 days,its kind of ironic that 2 years of 2 different courses could be summed up so concisly in 12hours.

yalando

HSC
These are really just definitions, you'd need to apply the definitions into scenarios and more 3-4 mark questions.
Ill put some notes for the light topic .

Notes:physics waves/energy/light

Energy and Waves
Energy: The ability to do work. Work = Force x Displacement. Energy can be neither created, nor destroyed.

Types of Energy:
Light, Heat, Sound, Kinetic, Solar, Nuclear, Chemical, Potential, Geothermal, Electrical, Elastic, Gravitational. Some sources of energy are:
• Fossil Fuels
• Wind/Solar/Tidal
• Radioactive materials
• Food

Waves: A distortion in a medium or material where the individual parts of the material cycle back and forth, or up and down, but the wave itself moves through the material.

Transverse Waves
An up and down motion, for example:
A vibrating guitar string
Electromagnetic/Light waves
A mexican wave (Good old Mrs. Walker)

Compression Waves
A back and forth motion, for example:
Sound waves
A stretched slinky
AC electricity (Electrons move back and forth in a wire sending a wave of electric current down the wire)

Physics
The Wave Model
• Wave length => distance between crests or ‘bumps’
• Frequency => The number of cycles that pass a given point per second
• Transverse Waves => Particles move up and down
• Longitudinal Waves => Particles move side-to-side
• [Order of sizes of waves] Gamma => X-rays => UV => Visible => Infrared => Microwaves => Radio
• Gamma rays kill cancer cells
• X-rays can penetrate the flesh but not the bone, to enable the user to indentify broken bones
• UV rays kill bacteria
• Visible light allows people to see, during the day and night
• Microwaves can use satellites to communicate around the world

Light Energy
• White light is made up of all the colours of the rainbow
• Absorption => Light is ‘absorbed’ by the surface (black absorbs all colours)
o E.g. Green paper; would absorb red, orange, yellow, blue, indigo and violet, and only reflect green light into our eyes
• Reflection => Angle of incidence = Angle of reflection
o E.g. Mirror; if you look into the at 45°, you would be able to see up to 90° from where you are standing
• Refraction => Bends the light through a certain material (e.g. glass)
o E.g. A glass filled with water would bend light, as the light must travel through it to reach the other side

Anonymous888

HSC
Hey, i need some help with my decade study.

Do you think you could help writing a paragraph from the 50s?

HiHaii

HSC
I'm pretty fond with communisn but am not about Australia's Post War. Can you give me a few notes? thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)