Anyone need help? (1 Viewer)

Blocy

HSC
N/A
having a cram-sesh too ):
so many examples/histories that I need to remember :/

The whole eng-eco-bio thing didnt help either.

RishBonjour

HSC
having a cram-sesh too ):
so many examples/histories that I need to remember :/

The whole eng-eco-bio thing didnt help either.
oooo. how was eco test?
I couldn't study for bio the whole day because every 2 words I read "ohhhh fkk should have written this in my BOP essay" and then 5 mins later "ohhhh fkk should have written this in my Frankenstein essaY"
no joke.

Blocy

HSC
N/A
oooo. how was eco test?
I couldn't study for bio the whole day because every 2 words I read "ohhhh fkk should have written this in my BOP essay" and then 5 mins later "ohhhh fkk should have written this in my Frankenstein essaY"
no joke.
It was alot easier than I expected... they really undervalued it in regards to previous years, not that it really changes much in the end. I did BOP + China, the vast majority of my cohort did Q28 :L, but it was pretty good. BOP wasn't really. I forgot to mention ALOT of stuff in hindsight, and I missed a mark in MC hahaha. Short answer section was okay, but I can never tell. The 3marker on inequality between gender was pretty bad for me, I only talked about maternity leave/lack of opportunities cause I thought discrimination was irrelevant during the exam, erugh.

---------------------------

What's everyone's aim for bio? Raw/final,external mark?

RishBonjour

HSC
It was alot easier than I expected... they really undervalued it in regards to previous years, not that it really changes much in the end. I did BOP + China, the vast majority of my cohort did Q28 :L, but it was pretty good. BOP wasn't really. I forgot to mention ALOT of stuff in hindsight, and I missed a mark in MC hahaha. Short answer section was okay, but I can never tell. The 3marker on inequality between gender was pretty bad for me, I only talked about maternity leave/lack of opportunities cause I thought discrimination was irrelevant during the exam, erugh.

---------------------------

What's everyone's aim for bio? Raw/final,external mark?

haha, too many people did case study, but for bio hmm --> band 6 is ze aim. Raw--> around 87-90 (just have to make sure marking guidelines doesn't rip me)

Blocy

HSC
N/A
haha, too many people did case study, but for bio hmm --> band 6 is ze aim. Raw--> around 87-90 (just have to make sure marking guidelines doesn't rip me)
haha yay high aspirations!
There's no way that you'll get 75 ATAR wth!

Im off now, good luck all for bio today!!!

Blocy

HSC
N/A
ooo distinguishing features of prions, viruses, bacteria, macroparasites, protozoans and fungi?

nn_devar

HSC
do we need to know anything about cell division?
What topic is it in?

madharris

HSC
N/A
do we need to know anything about cell division?
What topic is it in?
You need to know about meiosis, and it's in blueprint of life.

Not too much.

Meiosis is a random form of cell division to produces gametes (sex cells: sperm/ova) and hence leads to the inheritance of genes. Meiosis halves the number of original chromosomes
-During meiosis, each chromosome makes a complete copy of itself. The duplicate chromosomes are attached to the originals by the centromeres
-Homologous chromosome pairs line up at the equator of the cell. Crossing over occurs, where sections of chromosome break off and rejoin onto the homologous chromosome

-In the first division of meiosis, homologous chromosome pairs separate into 2 new cells, so that each of the 2 new cells has half of the genetic information of the original, but a duplicate copy of each chromosome.
-In the second division of meiosis, duplicated chromosomes separate to single strands, resulting in 4 sex cells that are haploid

-Genes are located on chromosomes. Therefore they are duplicated, then randomly assorted during meiosis as homologous chromosomes are randomly assorted into haploid gametes
-Each gamete has only one copy of the homologous pair and thus many different combinations are possible

I think that's probably about it...
EDIT:
You also need to know a bit of mitosis in search for a better health
Cell division that produces identical cells, ensuring genes are correct
Process that organisms use to grow, maintain and repair body cells, maintaining health
Maintains genetic stability

Last edited:

teeah

HSC
Okay so evidently I fell asleep...but good luck to all the bio people out there, lets go kill this thing! :)

calvinharris69

HSC
That was so helpful! Thank you so much.

If there's one tip that I always stuff up, its the use of Plurals in the questions. For example 'Name the Scientist involved in the understanding of Evolution'. (1 mark). As they have used the plural of Scientist, to get the full marks you must provide both names.
Anyway, Good luck to you all!

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Process information from secondary sources to describe the methodologies used in cloning ??

jananee

HSC
Process information from secondary sources to describe the methodologies used in cloning ??
➢ One methodology used is 'Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT)'
o Ian Wilmut used this process to create Dolly the sheep
➢ The process includes:
o Taking cells from a mature ewe (sheep 1)
o The nucleus was removed from an unfertilised egg (enucleation) of another sheep (sheep 2)
o The udder cell from sheep 1 was inserted into the enucleated egg of sheep 2
o The two cells were zapped with electricity which caused the cells to fuse
o The now fertilised egg was allowed to undergo normal growth and development, dividing by mitosis
o The embryo was implanted into the uterus of another sheep (sheep 3)
o The offspring was genetically identical to sheep 1

(And if it asks you to actually list secondary sources used, just say scientific journals, encyclopaedia entries, documentaries etc.)

FRIZZ_24

HSC
N/A
How do you devise an experiment to test the hypothesis "athletes have a greater number of mitochondria on their muscle cells than non athletes"?

Shoaib Lifts

HSC
Well, i may not be of much help but i can assure you of this, whatever the answer may be you will find it for sure and you will achieve all the goals in life that you have set out for yourself. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

We're all here for you and you're all here for us.

- People will hate you, rate you, shake you and break you, but how strong you stand is what makes you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)