Anyone working at KFC, what do you get? (1 Viewer)

extermin8tor

HSC
Hi guys, I got a job at KFC about 3 months ago as a cook. I applied to be on the front end, but on my first shift they decided to make me a cook.
The work is pretty crap, I have to wash my uniform, hat and shoes after EVERY shift, and because I'm 15 i get 5.48+1.02(cas. load) which is a bad 6.50$ and after tax and uniform deductions and union fees, I get about 5.20 an hour.

Question does anyone else here work at KFC, and how do you keep going to work. Me I just have no motivation to go slave for 4 hours, get abused and then get about 12 bucks for the entire shift into my bank. Frankly bus tickets cost me half of what I earn.

What wages do other KFC employees get? Because some of my assist. managers get 18$ an hour and they are like 19 or so yo.

basically I'm just peed off that my first job is earning me about 1800 a year, (even if I get the ocassional 12 hour open to close weekend shift).

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Get a new job.... You would get paid better at McD's. Im younger than you and get paid like a $1.50more each hour.

It is your first job, very few get amazing pays for their first job but that is practically slave labour.

I got get why your paying union, tax and uniform. You dont pay tax unless you earn over $6000 a year.

My cousin works there. Is the same age and gets paid like $7.20 i think anyway.

Get a new job.

Roga

HSC
5.20/hr? You gotta be joking. You're getting ripped for a job that isn't worth it. I work at Woolies. I'm 17 and I earn $11/hr and im gonna be a casual next week which means 20% loading extra.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
5.20 an hour? Honestly, get a new job. My 15-year-old brother is earning 7 bucks an hour at McDonalds, and the 15-year-olds at Target are earning $9-something. And if half your pay is going into transportation, there's really no point in having a job, aside from the experience I guess. But you're still 15, so it's not like the world is expecting you to have a shitload of work experience anyway.

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
Fuck i love KFC and their ability to pay such low wages to young unskilled workers.

You don't have any skills, you don't deserve anymore.

greekgun

HSC
Man come to coles or get a new job or something. Im 17 and a casual and on a weekday i get 11 dollars something and on the weekends i get 15 something. Get a new job, and fast. I suggest coles, safeway, kmart, toy r us, maccas etc.

Thekirk

HSC
extermin8tor said:
Hi guys, I got a job at KFC about 3 months ago as a cook. I applied to be on the front end, but on my first shift they decided to make me a cook.
The work is pretty crap, I have to wash my uniform, hat and shoes after EVERY shift, and because I'm 15 i get 5.48+1.02(cas. load) which is a bad 6.50$ and after tax and uniform deductions and union fees, I get about 5.20 an hour.

Question does anyone else here work at KFC, and how do you keep going to work. Me I just have no motivation to go slave for 4 hours, get abused and then get about 12 bucks for the entire shift into my bank. Frankly bus tickets cost me half of what I earn.

What wages do other KFC employees get? Because some of my assist. managers get 18$ an hour and they are like 19 or so yo.

basically I'm just peed off that my first job is earning me about 1800 a year, (even if I get the ocassional 12 hour open to close weekend shift).
Man anyone who works at KFC is a bum. Also if your relying on this forum for information you deserve to earn $5.48 i just can't believe that your pay is so low i'm telling you if you stupid enough to accept that pay then maybe that's all your worth. Frankly i would only pay you $5.40

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Wow, how poor is that. You might as well sign up for youth allowance :)
$50 a week for studying, more then i'll ever need :read:

X

xeuyrawp

That's extraordinarily bad pay.

I'd honestly pay you double that for cleaning my house, doing photocopying, going to meetings as proxy, and doing other crap I have no time for.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitch179

HSC
Are you serious? Get a new job. No one deserves to earn that little amount. When I was first looking for a job, I pretty much ruled out most fast food places, and KFC was the first I ruled out. At the time, I didn't know of the pay, but I knew that dealing with chicken all the time would be no good.

Sometimes I go into the KFC near me, and none of the employees look very happy. A lot of them have really terrible acne, probably because of the hot air in the kitchen, making you sweat.

mat2154

HSC
extermin8tor said:

wow thats shit
you'll be better off finding a new job or not working at all

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
No, dont get a job at maccas, managers are all gay, and piss the hell throughyou, plus order taking is murder, im telling uses (from just quitting after two hell-filled years) dont work at mcdonalds

patdericuo

HSC
hopefully the attractive payrise after 6 months of working at kfc will keep u going. by then u should get about $7.30 once ur off training wage.
stick it out, i worked for $6.03 at kfc. at least ur not being told to put $ straight in the till for the manager to steal. i have to agree to a certain degree that it is slavery, but it's not too bad if u lyk the ppl ur working with.
now i'm 17, on $10.95, still pretty crap but hey, it does me ok.
but i must ask, y the hell r u in the union? what's the point? paying money for someone to defend a job u don't even like in the first place!? sounds nuts in my opinion, but each to his own i guess...

darcys22

HSC
I have been working at KFC now for around 2 years, now at 17 im recieving about $11 an hour, but when 15 was only getting around $6, the pay rates are a percentage of the 21+ rate, ie at 15 you are recieving about 40% of max wage, at 16 u get 50% etc. The union is BS just ask to leave, and with the pay rates they escalate pretty quickly so at 18 you will probably be recieving more than others, also getting hours is normally pretty easy but might be different for ur store.

-tony-

HSC
i work at kfc atm

im 16 and on $9.20
i dont regret working there and i enjoy going to work

the managers r great and if u wat u should be doing everyone treats u good

y r u with the union thoe
no point

and yea the trainee wage is shit but once ur off that its not bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)