Apologizing (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Do you think theres a point in apologizing when you were in the wrong or you hurt someone, even though you know it wont make a difference because what you did was so bad that they are totally done with you?

is there some sort of benefit out of doing it like "well i still hate him, but at least he had the guts to admit he was wrong" or does it show some sort of moral fiber or anything?

is it pointless because it wont actually fix anything or make a difference, or will it make some sort of possible difference but you just wont really see the effect.

jennieTalia

HSC
Apologizing is for one of two reasons

1) it fixes things or makes them feel a bit better

2) eases your own conscience

Bainesy

HSC
apologizing is perhaps the worst thing you can now do

they are trying to get over the incident and forget about you and here you go bringing the subject up again, making them re-live the event.

just drop it and move on.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Bainesy said:
apologizing is perhaps the worst thing you can now do

they are trying to get over the incident and forget about you and here you go bringing the subject up again, making them re-live the event.

just drop it and move on.
One geniune apology after the event should be given.

After that, it's annoying but if you say nothing at all that's pretty fucked.

Pace_T

HSC
what did you do. spill beans pls

Bainesy

HSC
PrettyOddProlix said:
Is there any scenario, (under certain conditions,) in which apologising is okay? ><"
yes. if you mean it, if it is immediately after the event (but if you have time enough to post it on a forum then it has been too long) and if you have to see this person quite often

otherwise, screw them. its in the past, get over it

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
appologising is somewhat selfish i mean really most of the time it makes no difference to what you've done to them it only makes you feel better.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If someone had done something to me that was so bad I was 'totally done with them' an apology would mean absolutely nothing to me... it wouldn't change my opinion of the person at all and would have absolutely no effect. The best thing they could do is never bother trying to speak to me again.

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
I guess it must depend who this person is.
I would much rather an apology than nothing IF you genuinely mean it. Saying nothing may make her think that you're just a jerk who doesn't care. If you don't care, then don't pretend you do. But I would like to think that you actually do care. In that case, think about what she would want. People are different, and she might be more hurt by you bringing it up, or it may ease her mind a bit.

In the end, what's done is done, and if you feel truly sorry and do everything in your power to ensure that you don't do it again, then you shouldn't need to apologise for yourself. Just analyse the situation, and think about her.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I think it's important to accept the apology though - if they're sincere. You just have nothing to do with them ever again.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
Do you think theres a point in apologizing when you were in the wrong or you hurt someone, even though you know it wont make a difference because what you did was so bad that they are totally done with you?

is there some sort of benefit out of doing it like "well i still hate him, but at least he had the guts to admit he was wrong" or does it show some sort of moral fiber or anything?

is it pointless because it wont actually fix anything or make a difference, or will it make some sort of possible difference but you just wont really see the effect.
I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
And I'm hearing what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

That it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothing new - yeah yeah

I loved you with the fire red
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late whoa.....

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah
I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)