Appetite Problem (1 Viewer)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I don't know if this fits in the Fitness & Health forum, but anyway.

For some reason I've completely lost my appetite. Since about 2 days ago I've hardly eaten anything, and I have to force myself to eat so my stomach would shut up. I didn't even feel like chocolate. =/

So because of this I'm all worn out by early afternoon, but I still don't feel like eating. At all.

I work almost everyday and I get plenty of sleep. What do I do to get my appetite back?

Oh and this is like, really sudden. One day I was eating like a normal person and the next day I had like less than 200 calories.

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
Are you upset? Breakup with boyfriend, someone close to you die etc etc?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Well, my mum's overseas for a week and I miss her.

I'm not upset, but I have a feeling that something's bothering me. It's like, subconscious. I can't think of what it could be.

HSC
N/A
It could be two things: a) heat, or b) any unconscious thing stressing you out hugely.

The sooner you figure out what's bothering you and deal with it, the sooner your appetite will return :)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Could be you're worried about something. (other than this)

lengy

HSC
The only time I've had an appetite problem was after food poisoning and I lost it for about a fortnight.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I saw the doctor today after throwing up in the morning.

I'm not pregnant but I do have a stomach virus.

HSC
sAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but ive lost 3 kgs from that so i guess.. im sorta happy...

but my stomach now always feels full.. BUT i still eat... incase :)

HSC
See a Chiropractor. It could have something to do with your nervous system also.

Or, simply have a killer of a session at the gym. Go do a cycle class and some resistance training for a good solid hour/ hour and a half. That should definitely bring back your appetite.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
I saw the doctor today after throwing up in the morning.

I'm not pregnant but I do have a stomach virus.
Kind of answering your own question ...

HSC
stop pretending like you weren't obsessed with dreamerish, man.

no, it wasn't a joke that everyone missed out on due to your subtle humour.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
See a Chiropractor. It could have something to do with your nervous system also.
Since when can Chiropractors cure a loss of appetite? The BEST they can do is give a good massage and manipulate your bones a little. Any chriopractor telling you they can cure illnesses isn't fit to be touching your body.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Since when can Chiropractors cure a loss of appetite? The BEST they can do is give a good massage and manipulate your bones a little. Any chriopractor telling you they can cure illnesses isn't fit to be touching your body.
You obviously don't know much about Chiropractors then. Anyone can give a good massage - you think they study for 4-5 years to do massage and manipulate your bones a little?
When there is interference within certain nerve channels, different parts of the body may be affected thus leading to headaches, sleeping disorders, anxiety, nausea and in this case, loss of appetite.
I've seen it happen before, where a child has been fussy/no appetite, to then constantly demand for food right after a few visits to the chiro.

I don't see any harm in giving it a shot - as long as you go to a reliable Chiro, there are some bodgy ones out there.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i've also heard some chiros claim they can do a hell of a lot that they can't.
where's proof of this nerve channels thing? i would never go to a chiro for sleeping disorders, anxiety, nausea, loss of appetite. sounds like bs to me (but i don't know anything about it) and you'd have to watch also what the parents said to the child surrounding the chiro visits to decide if it was the chiro fixing the appetite.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
When there is interference within certain nerve channels, different parts of the body may be affected thus leading to headaches, sleeping disorders, anxiety, nausea and in this case, loss of appetite.
Ok....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic#Scientific_investigation_of_chiropractic

At best Chiropractors are good at relieving lower back pain and headaches.

If you want a more bias source:

http://www.chirobase.org/

I don't see any harm in giving it a shot - as long as you go to a reliable Chiro, there are some bodgy ones out there.
Well... with children? I'd never let a chiropractor near them unless they're going to be real careful... Children are way to young to be recieving any sort of rough 'manipulations'.

I've seen it happen before, where a child has been fussy/no appetite, to then constantly demand for food right after a few visits to the chiro.
Prove me wrong, do your double-blinded studies and we'll see what happens. May I suggest a massage be the blind?

Last edited:
HSC
Read it all: (regarding children)

http://www.hamptonfamilychiropractic.com/healthtopics_details.asp?id=1917

Prove me wrong, do your double-blinded studies and we'll see what happens.
No thanks, i'm not here to 'prove you wrong'.

I'm not saying Chiropractors will cure everything either. It was purely a suggestion and I don't see why it shouldn't work. Everything functions through messages from the brain (nerves) and when it's prevented from reachings its destination then it can affect many things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)