Are lectures necessary to attend? (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
I'm going to Campbelltown Campus but I have to travel 2 hours to get there and back.
According to my timetable, I have two lectures on Wednesday and Thursday from 4-6pm.
Now, I may just be paranoid, but I seriously don't want to take a train at 6 and be home at 8, you know?

So do I absolutely have to go? It's just going to be waaaay too much to handle.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Best to attend all lectures if possible. Some lectures are recorded and most lecturers would put up slides before or after an lecture. If you cannot attend then its best to read the readings and read the lecture materials in your spare time. It doesn't hurt to ask a friend who went to the lecture to explain certain sections. :)

Dylanamali

HSC
Nope - I hardly attended any lectures and managed to do okay.
The majority of your lectures will be recorded.

Dylanamali

HSC
Also, whereabouts do you live.. I'm surprised your going to Campbelltown if it takes 2 hrs to get there.. Wasn't there a campus closer? E.g. Parramatta or Hawkesbury.

enoilgam

HSC
Generally speaking, it isnt necessary to go to your lectures, but it depends on the subject. So just go to all your lectures at the begining of the semester and you should be able to gauge which ones are important and which ones are a waste of time.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Also, whereabouts do you live.. I'm surprised your going to Campbelltown if it takes 2 hrs to get there.. Wasn't there a campus closer? E.g. Parramatta or Hawkesbury.
I live in Blacktown and I wanted/only had the option to go to Campbelltown unfortunately :(

Dylanamali

HSC
I live in Blacktown and I wanted/only had the option to go to Campbelltown unfortunately :(
Oh, should have gone to Parramatta if you could, lol.
So much closer! And wouldn't effect your chances at all at entry into Med via the adv sci scheme.. that's what I did.

HSC
for computing on wednesday there is 9am to 10am and then 4pm to 6pm WTFFF

Wayneee

HSC
N/A
When I was doing ICT I found the lectures to be a complete waste of time, the lecturer was just reading the presentation slides which is always posted in vUWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)