• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are my rankings crap? (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
it's the relative difference between your marks tht matter, not the actual mark itself

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
janetO said:
like i've said.. my grade isnt a competitive bunch.
Then, that should make it easier to take those ranks.

Trust me, you don't need a lot of motivation. Rank one is not as difficult as it is made out to be. Some form of consistency is generally needed.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
supercalamari said:
Good question... but not really. Do Ruse offer subjects such as Visual Arts, Senior Science, General Maths?

you all say this stuff about Ruse

but have any of you ever been there?

water89

HSC
Year 11 is no real indication mate, but if you want to get your 85+ you really have to pull up your advanced english and ancient history as these seem to be your highest scaling subjects and are going to pull you to ur desired UAi.

ANy idea the ranking of ur school?

janetO

HSC
my school rankings is absolutely craptacular.
its around 600-700

.. so far so good however. 1/34 in maths

water89

HSC
Oh oks so then you cant really fall back on school mark to drag you up, argh general maths?! Why in the world did you choooooose that, thats horrible scaling is it too late for you to change to 2 unit? Or are you bad at maths?

janetO

HSC
because i was failing in 2u maths. i found it really difficult and i really think dropping to general was a better decision than staying in a class where i wouldnt be willing to try or even get the grades i want.

water89

HSC
Oh oks then well I guess youd be able to get a b6 in general maths quite easily dont really worry about that too much ummm just focus on Advance eng and Ancient thats going to get you to ur desired mark

All the best.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
lol@people turning someones rankings into an argument about james ruse.

i agree with i think it might have been lyonamou who said that although those rankings could do with some improvement, hsc is a total different ball game from preliminary, i went terribly last year but now i'm trying and am near the top of most of my classes.

what school is op at by the way?

edit: ahh ranking 600+, thats all i was wanting to know.

yeah i agree, the ranks will be very contestable, you should be able to get up there with some good work. but if you keep your marks up there you can definately do very well even at a very low ranking school. the low rank of the school would do the most damage to people who arent doing well. so i'm sure you'll be fine.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
gibbo153 said:
lol@people turning someones rankings into an argument about james ruse.

i agree with i think it might have been lyonamou who said that although those rankings could do with some improvement, hsc is a total different ball game from preliminary, i went terribly last year but now i'm trying and am near the top of most of my classes.

what school is op at by the way?

edit: ahh ranking 600+, thats all i was wanting to know.

yeah i agree, the ranks will be very contestable, you should be able to get up there with some good work. but if you keep your marks up there you can definately do very well even at a very low ranking school. the low rank of the school would do the most damage to people who arent doing well. so i'm sure you'll be fine.
but preliminary is your best bet. It's your most recent record that shows your academic achivement. I reckon yr 11 result is more relevant than any other result.

And in general, you will find that people who get good UAI usually would have got good result from yr11 too.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
this is true. i did not mean to imply that preliminary results have absolutely no influence on hsc results.

by all means the preliminary year is a great springboard into the hsc year, and its a good chance to develop good habits

i was only attempting to reassure the OP that prelim is not the be-all-and-end-all, and that theres still a good chance to do well.

hungwell1337 said:
LOL fking owned noob
hope your not serious. go home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)