Are teachers meant to make MX1 so hard? (1 Viewer)

ratcher0071

HSC
Fortify said:
So can the teachers force drop you next year if you do really shit?
I think so. Otherwise those people are gonna let the whole class down. Unless they try really hard in yr 12.

Last edited:

Finx

HSC
Fortify said:
So can the teachers force drop you next year if you do really shit?
No, they can only "strongly suggest" you not to do it.

Dota55

HSC
Ext. 1 isn't really that hard (note: although the difficulty can vary greatly according to the question)

If you're capable at maths, eventually you'll develop your skills to the point where you'll be able to do most of the questions in an exam.

Shnurs

HSC
wendus said:
why do people keep blaming their shit marks on teachers. get a fucking brain and do some work, maybe that'd get you a few more marks.
Go easy mate.

Last term i devoted most of my study to maths and spent most lunchtimes and free periods and arfternoons doing maths to get my grades up and 2u was good but i only got 61% in 3u after non-stop maths study.

Which is why i want to why its so difficult. Also can anyone give me some tips on not being beaten by 'tricky' 3u questions???

Apart from the usual study, prepare, do past papers etc. Ive heard all of that before.

Cheers in advance.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Shnurs said:
Go easy mate.

Last term i devoted most of my study to maths and spent most lunchtimes and free periods and arfternoons doing maths to get my grades up and 2u was good but i only got 61% in 3u after non-stop maths study.

Which is why i want to why its so difficult. Also can anyone give me some tips on not being beaten by 'tricky' 3u questions???

Apart from the usual study, prepare, do past papers etc. Ive heard all of that before.

Cheers in advance.
Well your school would put in the tricky questions themselves so
The best way to defeat them is to do the past exams that you got 61% in and stuff, until you can get 100% within the time frame
That way, you'll get used to your school's style of testing

The HSC on the other hand, is a different story :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
wendus said:
why do people keep blaming their shit marks on teachers. get a fucking brain and do some work, maybe that'd get you a few more marks.
Yeah, once you're in Year 11 and 12, teachers really shouldn't actually be teaching you anything. You should be independently doing your research/learning/discovering. The teacher should only be there as a guide and give you tips and strategies.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Lol, you'd be up to par (if not better) with your maths teacher by the end of the year if you take up 4unit

ratcher0071

HSC
Aplus said:
Yeah, once you're in Year 11 and 12, teachers really shouldn't actually be teaching you anything. You should be independently doing your research/learning/discovering. The teacher should only be there as a guide and give you tips and strategies.
If that's the case, why bother going to school??

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
I agree with Aplus. I go to school purely to make friends and interact with them. But few tips from teachers wouldn't hurt, would it? :D

youngminii

Banned
HSC
All my maths comes from class O.O
I plan to change that from Year 12 though

I just did my MX1 prelims today
Dear God it was hard
Couldn't answer the first question.. How demoralizing

ratcher0071

HSC
youngminii said:
All my maths comes from class O.O
I plan to change that from Year 12 though

I just did my MX1 prelims today
Dear God it was hard
Couldn't answer the first question.. How demoralizing
What was the 1st Question?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Can't remember
Simple(not) algebra question ==;;

Actually, now that I think about it.. It might've been an equation reducible to quad thingo
ahh crap

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
The idea is to eventually become better than your teacher. How else will you get the maximum marks?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
Well I'm only applying this to Mathematics, not every other subject. I suppose I should have made that clear. Well, my point is, in Mathematics, teachers shouldn't really have to teach you the content like in the junior years. Rather they should be providing you with the critical problem solving skills which would assist you to become better thinkers.

HSC
my teacher makes it purposely hard because he likes to cahllenge us so our pass mark is 40% which all but about 3 or 4 people reach and the top 5 or 6 get in the 80's or high 70's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)