Are there really as many Asians in UNSW as everyone says there is? (1 Viewer)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
hard to make friends
doubt it. You can make friends with people from multiple nationalities/backgrounds if you put the effort into it.

I think it's skewed towards majors/degrees, a lot of asian students prefer to study 'professional' degrees eg science, med, commerce etc whilst a lot of white kids love the humanities. 0 fucking asians in arts hahaha.

Kaido

be.
HSC
This is a stupid question but do Humanities girls have a crush on Quantitiative/Maths/Science guys?
This seems like a generalisation. (or perhaps just an newb Q)
But yes, its possible (my scenario)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
but yeah nah. too lg. arent those kiddos in hs. irrc global business challenge

a19901213

HSC
I dunno why people keep saying too many asians in UNSW when majority speak good English and act like normal Aussie.

USYD is where I really found lots of "asians" and they ask you for pen in mandarin as if every asian speaks it.

Flop21

HSC
What's the problem with having a lot of Asians? So much frickin zenophobia....
Where is the 'so much' xenophobia? OP yeah, but no one else has complained about having 'a lot of asians'.

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
I dunno why people keep saying too many asians in UNSW when majority speak good English and act like normal Aussie.

USYD is where I really found lots of "asians" and they ask you for pen in mandarin as if every asian speaks it.
ahhaah this is actually true

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC

Wow

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
I don't really see this as a problem. Most Asian Australians (the teenage to uni ones anyway):
A) Have typical Aussie accents (some even sound Lebanese lol)
B) Do everything White Aussies do (except they give education a higher preference of course)
C) Are bananas........ yellow on the outside and white on the inside?

Well, that's with my experience anyway.

Untroubled

HSC
If we all thought of each other simply as human beings, then this thread wouldn't have been posted.
But hey, Australia is close to the Asia-Pacific and on top of that encourages foreign Asian students to come here to study. So ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)