are you a english or maths person? (1 Viewer)

are you a english or maths person?

• english

Votes: 50 23.4%
  • maths

Votes: 85 39.7%
  • both (ext.)><

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • both (adv.)

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • neither lol

Votes: 21 9.8%

• Total voters

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Maths person but I somehow managed to do well in english too despite hating it

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm doing both extension 1's. Up until year 10, I was more of a Maths person. Now I'm better at English. Strange...

naazie

HSC
i am very much an english person

i hate maths!! YUKKY!

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
Absolutezero said:
I'm doing both extension 1's. Up until year 10, I was more of a Maths person. Now I'm better at English. Strange...
hope that doesnt happen to me :| ima a maths person atm but like shakespeare shit alot :L

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Absolutezero
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hope that doesnt happen to me :| ima a maths person atm but like shakespeare shit alot :L
The main reason it happen to me is because I was interested in Drama. My liking for Drama quickly began to outweigh my liking for Maths. That's where the change started.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I used to enjoy English in junior years, especially writing because I was able to express in a creative form. However, HSC English was very screwed and just ruined it for me. It's far too technical and encourages rote learning.
It failed to do justice to the texts because we were forced to analyse it from such a narrow perspective governed by the elective it falls under. There wasn't much scope for actual discussion about the issues raised by texts. Expressing an extensive study of many texts into one 40 minute question is not enough. Couple that with teachers who barely appreciate the texts themselves...and yeh...I lost my appreciation for English...
I guess one can escape from this narrow minded way of thinking if you take Extension 2 though...

Maths on the other hand, was pretty boring in junior years. It was nothing more than mindlessly applying formulae. When I got to HSC maths, it actually got much more interesting for me, particularly the origins of calculus. However, the rest of the non-calculus Extension 1 Maths was pretty boring though.
Extension 2 on the other hand was awesome. I was challenged to think abstractly and logically whilst learning a few creative tricks to solving problems rather than routinely using the same formula like in junior years. Some of the results we had to prove were quite interesting themselves and I actually appreciated how useful mathematics can be. A lot of that was thanks to some good teachers though who really appreciated how "powerful" maths could be...

So yeah, as you can tell I'm definitely a Maths person!!!

Oh and btw a more appropriate poll would be whether you're an arts or science person.
Arts => English, History, Languages etc
Science => Maths, Chemistry, Physics etc

brad616

HSC
I am good at Maths like i enjoy Algebra and numbers but I LLLOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE English with a passion:wave::):):):):):):):):):)

aussie-boy

HSC
I absolutely detest maths and english; my fav subjects are DT and eco

lil lucy

HSC
Definitely maths... HATE ESSAYS... oh god.. just thinking about them.. :jaw:

hairspray

HSC
I'm an English person BUT trying VERY hard to be a math person.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
ENGLISH !

although

doing pretty bad atm

got my prelim report this week

my marks like 80 -_-"

gotta do up my tie for this year ....=(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)