Are you a maths or english person? (1 Viewer)

Are you a maths or english person?

• Total voters

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dunno. It's either one of the other, to be honest. If I do well in Maths, I do crap in English, and vice versa. And it changes every year. If the pattern holds, I'll do well in English this year.

kuroneko

HSC
English, because things are open to interpretation, and there's more to learn than numbers...

smushieex

HSC
I used to be an english person. After having a teacher who hated me, I sort of gave up on it, instead I grew some sort of liking for maths. o_O

mark639

HSC
i'm more of a logical person i find it hard 2 think of ideas and develop them

boosa

HSC
Im an english person! Maths is my worst subject - Surprisingly I got a band 4 though! :D

bobos2

HSC
i LOVE maths! n h8 english..mebbe coz ive got a crap teacher? hmm..

agua.fuego

HSC
English. Maths for me just was too much thinking. I didn't really care about x and x's little buddy, y.

English to me is much more fun: you get more discussions than in Maths, and so long as you can back up what you think, you're good. Whereas Maths, whatever the calculator says goes, and if you can't remember your rules, TOO BAD, you can't make them up. (Yes, I tried once, I couldn't remember some rule for a shape and it had about a gazillion sides, so I did a gazillion triangles. And I got a point for the right answer and 1/2 a point for creativity.)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Idon't think it can be so easily categorised either. The two strengths can coexist.
As is the case with me. I need everything to be organised, I need to have order and logic, and I enjoy working through mathematical problems. I can appreciate why people like it for it's 'black and white' answers, but I also like the chance for discussion in English, and how practically any answer can be right as long as you justify it.

And probably more often than not you are right with the english/creative vs scientific/mathematical, but again, they can interlink. Proof is such people as Leonardo Da Vinci-artist/scientist/mathematician and Escher-artist/mathematician。 And I’m sure there are plenty of others。
ANDWHYDOES my font keep going weird like that???It was typing in Japanese before?:uhoh:

summerlxve

HSC
N/A
I prefer doing english. But everyone reckons I'm better at Maths because I'm asian. lols.

i find maths a complicated subject, but somehow i manage to get pretty good marks most of the time.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
im a maths student. my highest scores are always maths getting up to 95%, while in english are my lowest scores getting 50%. I screw in English. hope the school lets me do advanced english or else I;m moving schools

speedofsound

HSC
English, most definitely. My maths has always been deplorable, and always will be.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Are you a maths or english person?

kurt.physics said:
maths, maths, MATHS!

Where would we be without it.
We wouldn't be able to go on this forum, that's for sure :)

Mathematics > ALL.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
English

But i think that has got something to do with a shitty maths teacher

cHoke-meh

HSC
Maths definitely - i love specifics, not subjects that are open to too much interpretation...

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Maths!!!! <3 its so logical and black and white, no gray!. i hate english with a passion, only take ext cause i happen to be good at it lol.

HSC
well i am more logical than creative however i am currently coming first in english and only 7th in maths so go figure. I also like maths more than english so i don't know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)