Are you guys finding Eng Ext Fun??? share your thoughts (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
topic, for those doing Ext, are you finding it fun???

so far in my class its been mostly shakespeare (geez, is there no other person to study???) and it seems as though our class is doing alot of work and overall, this massive work load, is just making the class not really very fun

are any of you guys in a similar situation??? or does my teacher have to work on thier ability?

so, some of your general thoughts on Ext?

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Extension is way more interesting than Advanced, and in my class 90% of the time is just spent discussing rather than doing actual work. On average, I perform better at it too.
We haven't mentioned Shakespeare in our class, so maybe you're studying something different?

kinship

HSC
im horrible at english truth be told, but im loving it as a subject - im doing the victorian era reading up on jane eyre and then its appropriations (god is that the right word?) Wide Sargasso Sea and The Eyre Affair, altho i dont think im good enuf to do it next year *heres to me working hard* its a really intresting subject and you do learn alot (well i have anyway)

goodluck!

topdeck

HSC
I like the idea of extnesion english but i can't say weather or not i'm enjoying it because our class has never done anything. Literally, our teacher has never conducted a lesson in the 25 lessons we've had. We're supposedly doing gothic but i dont even know when the gothic period was. Therefore HSC prospects = fail :mad1:

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
It's the same as Telekinetik for me. Maybe a lesser percent, possibly 70-80. And I think it just depends on your work personality; whether you enjoy primarily discussion or not.

As for Shakespeare or his abscence, the different modules present different texts, of course. In mine, Sir William seems to be taking a holiday.

What is your module called? For its fun creating ability, there could be other factors involved, such as a prevading sense of fulity that comes with the HSC, perhaps? Lack of sleep? Other domestic problems for adolescents to indulge in?

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I enjoy Eng. Extension because it requires you to examine the context, and really delve into the subject, topics and themes that you study. Its genuinely interesting and i'm definately fun along the way.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I enjoy it, but our topic is the tragic hero, and at the moment we're doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy and I would rather have teeth pulled. We did Othello earlier this year. Its pretty good though

Last edited:

cccclaire

HSC
Hate it. Its so much extra work and the texts we studied this year were awful.
I'm dropping it next year.

undalay

HSC
Compared to Advanced English, Ext 1 is definately more enjoyable. However the workload seems very similar imo. Therefore ext1 english worth only 1 unit is not worth advanced english which is worth 2 units, in terms of workload.

My opinionnn anyway.

cb205

HSC
cccclaire said:
Hate it. Its so much extra work and the texts we studied this year were awful.
I'm dropping it next year.
Sounds like my extension.
I will be so glad to drop it!
Oh god why did I pick it in the first place

Artemis.

HSC
Extension is pretty cool, though we had to read Pride & Prejudice :(. But other than that it's been pretty bludgy, we just watch videos and talk :D.

anirudh18

HSC
well, extension is quite ok, we studied heart of darkness and apocalyse now for the concept the way the world changes....then we had to do a major work with reflected context etc of the texts...extension requires is much more challenging than the advanced course...now we r doing samuel beckett's waiting for godot

Le3sah

HSC
VERY FUN! :):):):)
I <3 it.
no seriously...

No, I'm not a freak.

eflatmajor

HSC
It would be fun if there was more discussion in my class and less, "go find that out by yourself suckers"

ekirii

iota
HSC
i find eng ext fun and i suppose our course is well thought up. although, i am beginning to tire of women studies now (we are doing dichotomy in representations of women in literature or something along those lines). it's interesting really but well, maybe coz im in an all girls school, i find that we place too much development on our gender. i hope no one is going to throw stones at me for that coz i seriously do love our course but it does attract a certain ennui when you focus so much on women.

but the texts we did were pretty good (taming of the shrew, vanity fair, life and loves of a she-devil).

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Extension 1 > Advanced.

Fact.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Extension 1 > Advanced.

Fact.
I almost wish I had done extension for the sole reason that I keep hearing it is better/more fun etc. I think I might have done better, plus Advanced English if anything will be the downfall of my UAI.

Last edited:

slzybanana

HSC
definitely beats advanced english at the very least, though the arvo classes are rather tiring. it's got some interesting texts and AoS, but i'm not really looking forward to post modernism next year =/

HSC
I like english extension so much more than advanced, and am subsequently doing so much better. We did Chaucer, and yeh we did that gothic thing too, and its a lot more interesting than english advanced with Othello. :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)