Are you guys finding Eng Ext Fun??? share your thoughts (1 Viewer)

pink-hickup

HSC
I absolutely love Ext. English! We are doing the "alien self" and have studied the gothic texts Dracula and Frankenstein and watched Buffy and Gattaca. Frankenstein was a bit of a bore due to the writing style but Dracula I found not only bareable but enjoyable!
Overall I enjoy Ext 1 so much that I'm taking up Ext 2 next yr!!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Fuck I want to watch Buffy in English Extension.

LordPc

HSC
pink-hickup said:
I absolutely love Ext. English! We are doing the "alien self" and have studied the gothic texts Dracula and Frankenstein and watched Buffy and Gattaca. Frankenstein was a bit of a bore due to the writing style but Dracula I found not only bareable but enjoyable!
Overall I enjoy Ext 1 so much that I'm taking up Ext 2 next yr!!
Nice to see that you are enjoying it but I believe that EE2 is very different that EE1. Not to discourage you, they are like the forest and the woods, both made of trees but not the same thing. :)

Jachie said:
Fuck I want to watch Buffy in English Extension.
Haha. One would assume that someone taking up EE2 would have a better command of english :p

yennie B

HSC
right now! its giving me a headache. i'm trying to figure out what post modernism and rene descartes philsophy is. BUT ITS SO MINDBOGLIN FASCINATING.

downside for those who are learning tedious subjects.

we did frank too but moved on to the matrix. which was cool. our topic is technoculture. anyone interested in anime. check out GHOST IN THE SHELL INNOCENCE. its sucha MAD FILM

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
Ext english is in fact, quite fun.

ext eng > adv eng

However, we were learning about 'POST MODERNISM' & 'MODERNISM', etc. *SNORES*

:sleep:

yennie B

HSC
evolution said:
Ext english is in fact, quite fun.

ext eng > adv eng

However, we were learning about 'POST MODERNISM' & 'MODERNISM', etc. *SNORES*

:sleep:
OMG YOU are my answer!!!!!!! (no pressure)

i'm doing technoculture... but somehow i need to findout what post modernism is.
and checking out all these sites isn't helpful!!!! headache!

so what is it? or do you have any recommended sites ?

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
OMG YOU are my answer!!!!!!! (no pressure)

i'm doing technoculture... but somehow i need to findout what post modernism is.
and checking out all these sites isn't helpful!!!! headache!

so what is it? or do you have any recommended sites ?

Okay basically Post modernism focuses on a particular aim. That aim is to question the ideological construction of a certain text.

So, for instance how has the composer unsettled the audience/reader?

Various uses by key theorists are orientated through many conventions. Those conventions may include: irony, parody, pastiche, etc.

Hrm tried googling it perhaps? there are heaps out there !

Last edited:

mazza!

HSC
ext eng is mainly discussion in my class, its good to an extent depending on what your doing, i started ext eng in hte mid of the year so i missed out on some pretty good stuff but i got to do some pretty good stuff but this term was all poetry which i despise, compared to advaced i find it easier:) looking forward to ext 2 eng!

whoo1029384756

HSC
I like english and all but ext. eng is just rubbish. is it just me, or are we supposed to figure the course out ourselves??? i have like 7 pages of notes from this ENTIRE year. or i might just have a pathetic teacher. we've done nothing. all we do is watch movies. and our topic for the year sucks - appropriations. Dracula was alright, but my fair lady, and shaw's plays, shoot me. we got to do a group drama performance, that was a lot of fun.

Zephyrio

HSC
m.incognito said:
WIN!

Cal, Kevin doesn't love me anymore, because of you.
</3

On a more related topic, I was going to take EE2, but not anymore.
My cousin got 95 in EE2, and 88 in Ext1Maths, and it was her maths that
went to her UgayI.

So yeah, hopefully if I can bring my maths mark up to scratch, it'll be kaay.

I miss Kevin.

Simon, calm down. :) Peace, love and unity.
You can't get 95 in EE2.

And LOL @ this thread. *Backs out*

LordPc

HSC
I must say I didnt see all this coming when i made that quite simplistic joke.

m.incognito said:
On a more related topic, I was going to take EE2, but not anymore.
My cousin got 95 in EE2, and 88 in Ext1Maths, and it was her maths that
went to her UgayI.

So yeah, hopefully if I can bring my maths mark up to scratch, it'll be kaay.
maybe your cousin got 95 in adv eng, not EE2. in that case it would make sense as i believe maths ext 1 scales better than eng adv

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
ok, i said "your cousin got 95 in adv eng, not EE2". this was my statement. i then explained why this statement is true "maths ext 1 scales better than eng adv".

i backed up what i said which is why i included that last statement, despite how obvious it is. this is good for tests, if you dont back up what you say or just assume people know things, then thats quite a few marks gone

Satisfied? or do you want me to explain how i used the same technique in this post aswell? :)

Jachie

HSC
LordPc said:
ok, i said "your cousin got 95 in adv eng, not EE2". this was my statement. i then explained why this statement is true "maths ext 1 scales better than eng adv".

i backed up what i said which is why i included that last statement, despite how obvious it is. this is good for tests, if you dont back up what you say or just assume people know things, then thats quite a few marks gone

Satisfied? or do you want me to explain how i used the same technique in this post aswell? :)
The 'statement' you made was an assumption, and quite possibly incorrect. Not communicating effectively and then getting smarmy when someone quite reasonably has no fucking idea what you're on about isn't clever.

Jachie

HSC
hai2u bb ^____^ :shy:

My advice is always to pick up any extension you're even slightly considering doing. If you pick up EE2 and MX2 you'll be able to give both a decent try and then decide for yourself which one you like least/find the hardest/think is the most stressful/don't have time for.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I like Ext eng <33
lol it's fun and the teacher is nice. Bit of a time waster i guess
:)

Lovecat

HSC
I had my last class of the year on Thursday morning. It's been one of my favourite classes all year. We studied genre, and focussed on gothic horror. There were some days when I got up at 6am just to go to school to watch episodes of Buffy :)
My teacher's pretty laid back though. We did a lot more discussing than writing, which works really well for me. The workload wasn't huge, it was mainly essays. I did find though, that it was harder to get the marks in extention than in advanced. I really struggled to get anything considered 'good', but apart from that, I had so much fun- it's a really awesome subject, definately worth the early mornings.

littlejohn21321

HSC
i really loved ext. we didn't do anything on shakespeare, we did gothic then fariy tales appropriation. loads of fun and its just as good now...we're doing crime fiction. i ended up doing better in ext than i did in advanced, go figure.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
If anything, Eng Extension is a helluva lot interesting than Eng "Advanced". Its intellectually stimulating, which i like.

Jachie

HSC
Yeah, I'm sure it's interesting if you're doing something other than "The Acts Of Reading And Writing". Easily the worst module in the history of modules. I am reading about reading about reading. How is that not the most ridiculously redundant thing you've ever heard.

HSC
Jachie said:
Yeah, I'm sure it's interesting if you're doing something other than "The Acts Of Reading And Writing". Easily the worst module in the history of modules. I am reading about reading about reading. How is that not the most ridiculously redundant thing you've ever heard.
That's the elective, though the entire module C does look pretty crap. Module A is fun though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)