Are you guys still motivated to do the hsc to the best of your abilities? (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
Yeah I feel the same. I mean I guess my marks and ranks have improved a bit. And I never was that motivated from the beginning. But I still had a bit more energy and put in more effort in year 11. Now as the trials near, I feel a bit hopeless and complacent, like "whateverrrr i dont want to care anymore"

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I was feeling a lot less motivated a few weeks ago when i had my minor exams coming up. I felt like i was smack in the middle of the HSC and there was no end in sight so accordingly, i lost a lot of motivation to the point where i did little to nothing school related for over a week. Now that they are over and i have realized that the trial HSC exams are really only just over a month away i can say that i am quite motivated at this point.

iStudent

HSC
My motivation is dying on me too.
Kind of getting bored of the same "go home, study till you sleep, sleep, go to school, repeat" process.
And YES at the start of year 11, I was really energised and ready for HSC. Now... I'm not even half the motivated person I was. Have to pick up my game.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Motivation for me definitely fluctuates. There are times where I'm really into it and other times where I CBF. It's a matter of pacing yourself and giving yourself breaks when you deserve it :)

Usually I got motivated by my results following my exams because I want to improve or continue at a certain standard. I'm also motivated to meet or exceed my ATAR estimate so it's also about finding really strong points of internal motivation to keep you going ^.^

Also there are times where I just ceebs...post exam block I went out 3 days straight and did nothing for a while. I'm still trying to get back into the groove haha

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
I feel like i just want to skip 5 months from now to the day us 14'ers get our results, or at least just get my trials over and done with. but i guess I should just work hard for another 1/3 of the year, after all it should pay off in the end. One of the biggest obstacles i'm trying to get through is that my estimate is around 98-99 and my target course is 91, I feel as if its a waste of time, I could just be doing average and it'd be fine. Idk thats my story.

lolitaaa

HSC
I feel like i just want to skip 5 months from now to the day us 14'ers get our results, or at least just get my trials over and done with. but i guess I should just work hard for another 1/3 of the year, after all it should pay off in the end. One of the biggest obstacles i'm trying to get through is that my estimate is around 98-99 and my target course is 91, I feel as if its a waste of time, I could just be doing average and it'd be fine. Idk thats my story.
Think and reflect. Why do you want that 99 atar? Don't do it because of the pressure of people around you or the fact that you 'have to'. Do it to get into your course. Even 95 - 96 would suffice.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Ah I just want to get in the high achievers group at my school, I use to average D's and C's prior year 11, its a nice change of atmosphere to start doing well across everything but idk if its worth it, in the end getting into high achievers is a pretty useless achievement in the long run, thats the only thing that motivating me atm.

bangladesh

HSC
haha this feeling sounds very familiar.. except i lost motivation after my trials (during the study break right before the hsc). Honestly, it's hard, very hard to stay motivated because all your school life you've been told about the hsc and you've waited so long and now it's here and you just want it to be over but look back and think of all the times when you've pushed yourself and all the effort you've put in over the past years and remind yourself that if you don't keep pushing, then all of that effort will go to waste (well technically it won't but just tell yourself that) and dont spend hours starting at your wall (like i did) and just put your head down and study. Hang in there guys, only a few months to go and it's all over.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
dont give up now, this is your final stretch

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
I'm motivated due to shit results in 1/2 yearlies and don't wanna do that again in trials.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
The worse i do the less motivated I get, if I consistently get good results then I'd be set.
Knowing that I'm not on track for the atar I want motivates me even more. Or I sometimes tell people I'm going to do something, so I set the bar high for myself and I need to achieve it. Otherwise someone gonna get hurt real bad.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm more motivated if I do okay then if I did really well...

duckie06

HSC
im more motivated now, cant afford to fk up anymore

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Here is a story for all you 2014ers...

My boy Spiritual and i went full basement during the xmas holidays and studied around 14 hrs a day for a few weeks. We got so burnt out we didn't touch work for the next term which was pretty bad.

Although it seems like you just cbf anymore, push yourself just that little more because you can sleep and do whatever the hell you want during your holidays. The worst feeling is finishing your hsc knowing you didn't do your best. Those sleepless nights leading up to the marks being released are awful, this is compounded by the discussion you will inevitably have with family/friends about how you went in your hsc and what uni you're applying for.

I know people who experienced this and it wasn't pretty. You haven't got long so go hard !

enoilgam

HSC
For most people, the time between half-yearlies and trials is usually where their motivation begins to wane the most - the initial "Shit it's the HSC" motivation has worn off and now you're stuck in the grind of it. The key is to stick to your game and start planning ahead towards the trials. I found that once I started preparing for the trials, I got my motivation back, because the end was in sight and all my work started coming together for the finished product.

Reactions: _s2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)