Are You Ready For The HSC Business Studies exam? (1 Viewer)

Rebecca28

HSC
analyse the reasons for global expansion and their implications on effective profitability management

but i chose this one...

analyse the methods of international expansion and their impact on the achievement of objectives of financial management

didnt u have those qns in ur trial?

ur welcome...HOW R U GOING IN STANDARD ENGLISH...am i allowed to ask that or only business?

Last edited:

Rebecca28

HSC
our report had an effective er qn but not the extended...we hadnt completed change but the trials haha so we never got any mgmt and change qns IVE NEVER GOTTEN A MGMT AND CHANGE QN EVER! NEVER DONE A TEST ASSESSMENT ANYYTHINNG ON THAT TOPIC!
only past papers i dont really like it

sherieamin

HSC
okay im doing past papers over MSN with my friend now (Y)
i have a question
its in the 2005 paper section 111-business report
and it askes
describe the strategic role of financial management, discuss the THREE strategies to be considered by the committee...

I DNT NO WHAT THE THREE STATEGIES are :|

can someone be bothered to go look at past papers and help me? :D

Last edited:

Rebecca28

HSC
thats a really hard qn...my teacher told me that when the qns are a bit confusing like that they usually accept a few different answers but for what u wrote...i havent seen the full qn....i would firstly write about the strategic role of fin mgmt..how developing a a strategic plan will ensure that the org/bus survives...and then i would write about the strategies for managing working capital because there are three thats the only reason it really depends on what the little case study thing says about the business though..i havent read it

TunaFish

HSC
I think it's referring to the stimulus.

"the management committee will meet in a month's time to discuss the following strategies:
- FDI as a method of expansion
- Use of equity
- Differentiating"

Can someone else confirm?

The capitalised "THREE" is a bit misleading.

Rebecca28

HSC
YESSS U R RIGHT!
i was thinking that qn is not syllbusy enough for me
but u r really very right..if it says that then they mean talk about those theyre the strategies! whoa thats so nice of them they gave the answer to them that year

sherieamin

HSC
wow reading the question properly really woulda helped (Y)
THANKYOU

have any of use done the multiple choice for 2008? and if so can u rite down your answers!!!!!!

amber!

HSC
Hii guys!
so with business, in the next few days leading up to the exam, what revision are you planning on doing? to cover the syllabus i mean! i have not done much study at all, so any tips on quick revision would be great! :)

Rebecca28

HSC
Business Studies - Online Multiple Choice

do this for multiple choice its really good

memorise ur syllabus today...tomorrow do read ur notes and just remember the underneath stuff thats not on the syllabus and case study.....monday do past paper qns u dont have to time urself...unless you dont usally finish..then maybe time urself

sherieamin

HSC
i have a tip
just read what that persons posted on the previous page , theyve included everything
except a case study

sherieamin

HSC
OMYGOSH THEY HAVE THIS CRAP ON HERE!!! argh im soo oblivious
thankyou sooo much
my downloads have to be over dnt they D:

amber!

HSC
Business Studies - Online Multiple Choice

do this for multiple choice its really good

memorise ur syllabus today...tomorrow do read ur notes and just remember the underneath stuff thats not on the syllabus and case study.....monday do past paper qns u dont have to time urself...unless you dont usally finish..then maybe time urself

sorry. but what do you mean by memorise syllabus? as in all the content or?
sorryy!

aznvdz

HSC
Throughout the entire year Business Studies has always been my first exam
and I have always felt confident walking out of that exam hall at the end of it.
For me Business Studies is one of subjects whose content I can easily grasp.
The book is fairly big but the dot points are pretty much self explanatory.

Last edited:

amber!

HSC
The actual syllabus which you can find on the Board of Studies site, not your notes. Knowing the outline is crucial to success in the exam.
oh yeah, i already know it though :S
i just need ways to refresh my memory of all the content. i know it! its just hidden away in my brian and i need some tips to get it out again

spazamataz

HSC
i know most of the syllabus, well the first three topics anyway, and half of global. I just hope there isn't any heaps ambiguous questions where you can easily get the topics mixed up.
I need to get 80% in this to get into uni. I've been fine with my marks all year, I just hope scaling will work to my advantage

Rebecca28

HSC
dw about the scaling ull get 80 if u know the syllabus just do a past paper and see its so amazing like u can answer all the qns the only thing u really need to get a 90 is to know all the notes that go with the syllabus...80 u can get no worriesss :hippie:

Eddykungfu

HSC
I got an acronym/Pneumonic for every single syllabus term :D.

If you can simply RECALL the syllabus point, and relate to question, you'll do fine.

If you want to do better, make these definitions specific/don't leave out points which you don't understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)