• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are you ready to put the 'H' in front of the SC? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lol, we've completed Year 10 already :) Can't go back anymore :rofl:

PrettyVacant

HSC
I'm excited! Bring it onnn!

I'm going into social hibernation!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Fenris could always drop out if he wanted to.
Also, being in year 12 now means that he is surely to undergo a spate of strenuous assessments.
Fair point

Lucid Scintilla said:
Repeating year 10 can make you "go back", not that you'd want to.;)
Is it even possible for us to repeat year 10 when we have signed out? :confused:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Isnt it meant to say you've accomplished Year 10? Fark, i dont really care what it means. All it means for me is holidays :)

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Maybe this is what James747 meant in another thread.
What is "signing out"? I'm clueless about this term.
Signing out is when you commence leaving procedures, return all your textbooks, library books and make sure your fees are paid. Each of your teachers sign off to show that you have done and returned what needed to be done.

I assume people that go to schools that go from 7-12 don't have to do this as this is why you might be clueless about it.

ccc123

HSC
Hmm. Am i ready to "put the 'h' in front of sc?" I think so. I mean, obviously the thought of being a senior and doing the HSC is rather daunting, but at the same time i must say i'm glad to finally be moving on, year 10 became really monotonous for me towards the, and i got so sick of hearing about the bloody 'school cert.' However, i'm definately going to enjoy these holidays as they are, in a sense, the last holiday i;m going to have for another two whole years, during which my social life will spiral into non-existance, my room will be cluttered with textbooks and my mind will be crammed with facts and figures i'll probably never use again after the HSC.

Despite all this, i feel ready. Ready for the senior years. Ready for the stress. Ready for the textbooks. At most of all, ready to finally get out of the education system (well..not really considering university is just another educational institution where there torture continues..)

Nevertheless, i wish everyone the best of luck...you are all smarties judging from your school cert. marks, and i conjecture that you will all do brilliantly. And i am now going to terminate this post because its starting to sound almost as corny as my school cert. speech ("Imagine a day where hope and daring are all we need to build bridges) pfft.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
It's school procedure to "sign out" every year at my school, but no one really does. In Year 10, though, you cannot get your School Cert until you hand in your form with all your signatures saying you've handed everything back, paid for everything, etc. I had a such a scare with this; the school bank wouldn't sign me off because I hadn't paid $15 to do some martial arts thing, and I thought I hadn't brought my wallet with me. So I was freaking out majorly, but then I found it. *phew* Such a fucking relief, I'll tell you.

Hmm, tamaranadine our schools seem to define "signing out" differently. To sign out at our school means just that: to collect the signatures that confirm you've handed everything in and paid all necessary fees.

Jachie

HSC
Yeah. What you call "signing out" our school doesn't even do, haha. Like you said, each school is different.

spence

HSC
just remember year 11 doesnt count for anything so u dont really have to try.. yr 12 on the other hand is an absolute bitch

Jachie

HSC
Don't try in Year 11? Haha, that's hardly the message I would be promoting...:p No, I know Year 11 doesn't count at all for the HSC, but it's the year you can try out different study techniques to prepare yourself for Year 12. Just because Year 11 has no direct link to the HSC doesn't mean the skills you develop then won't be beneficial to you.

Jachie

HSC
Oh, you could always buy those OMFG, It's a Month From the HSC, and I've Gotta Cram Like Hell books from the Excel series.
I don't believe that is the purpose of those books. Aren't they study guides? As in, they're supposed to aid you through the course, not teach you everything at the last minute. I see nothing wrong in purchasing them; I've had to buy Understanding Maths study guides every year since Year 8 to help me through the courses, and they have worked a treat.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Year 11 IS important. You get to experiment with several studying techniques, and your HSC work is built on what you have learnt in your Preliminary course.

spence

HSC
oh u are naive... as long as u get the basics in prelim you'll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)