Around 3 weeks to go - what position are you in? (1 Viewer)

collide

HSC
gaoOO said:
lol, that's the same position i'm in.

i'm going to start studying again after this week is over. :)
ditto. except i didn't make any notes for trials so im gonna have to do that. looks like im headed for major cram sessions.. again. this is definitely not how i pictured preparing for the hsc. im screwed.

Ademir

HSC
I've done about 35% of my notes and almost no practice exams.

w00t

williams180

HSC
Re: :(

tommykins said:
The ideology that HSC isn't everything is retarded, even though it is true, the HSC WILL give you a HUGE push to your credentials, I find this attitude is mainly for those that are retarded.

Or honestly don't give a shit about their future.
man i feel ya. HSC gets you into courses you want and ultimately the career you want. While i agree its not everything it certainly helps to get it right the first time and not have to look at different pathways to get to where you could get if you get that UAI. If you have a poor attitude then maybe university is not for you which is fine. HSC Its not everything in life thats for sure. Some people are hungry for knowledge while others are content in their existence.

However people on this thread are a joke. Saying they have hardly studied when they are all pretty much aiming for high 90's. Who else comes on BOS if their not right into their studies and resources. You all should be ashamed of youself for lying when i know you are all just loving the study

-pari-

HSC
N/A

:) ^ you mistake aiming for actually "getting"

i spent about a month after trials thinking "i'll start studying tomorrow"

actually. i'm still doing that.

HSC

People who come on BoS are Bored Of Studying.

Some people use it for their studies, others use it to get away from their studies.

The HSC isn't everything... if it is, why do so many people waste/spend their time here arguing about it? Shouldn't they/we be studying instead?

moshimoro

HSC

chocolate_lover said:
People who come on BoS are Bored Of Studying.

Some people use it for their studies, others use it to get away from their studies.

The HSC isn't everything... if it is, why do so many people waste/spend their time here arguing about it? Shouldn't they/we be studying instead?
bwahahaha hi-5! =DD
wasting precious mins/hrs reading unending threads instead of goin over notes atleast =).. most replies i see are from alomst the same ppl.. (*gah! does that mean you guys are on... 24/7? o.0 haha)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

williams180 said:
However people on this thread are a joke. Saying they have hardly studied when they are all pretty much aiming for high 90's. Who else comes on BOS if their not right into their studies and resources. You all should be ashamed of youself for lying when i know you are all just loving the study
Hey, if you can't accept the truth, then that's your problem.

williamc

HSC

SoulSearcher said:
Hey, if you can't accept the truth, then that's your problem.
One of those people that always goes "i never study, besides night before cram" and then get like 90's%. Fair enough im not saying you're lying, but please don't profess to us your lack of study and your subsquent amazing marks. Makes you sound like a dickhead. kk get attacked by 100 ss lovers.

Back on topic, just cruising, enjoying myself. Get into it soon.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

williamc said:
One of those people that always goes "i never study, besides night before cram" and then get like 90's%. Fair enough im not saying you're lying, but please don't profess to us your lack of study and your subsquent amazing marks. Makes you sound like a dickhead.
i know quite a few people at school who continuously do that , and honestly , its bloody annoying.
just makes everyone who has also studied , feel stupid/inferior.

Last edited:

emma_f

or M
HSC
Hey oi, go to your opposite corners.

If its any help - my boyfriend did little if any constant study, the majority of it being the few days before due assessment, and got 95.something. Like someone said, some can just naturally put things together. As for me, being so organisationally challenged, thought i could get over 85, and in my comfortable state of complacency, thought i could get away with it [amongst other factors, like my headstrong desire to not care about the hsc whilst wanting nothing else than to do a BA (psyc) with DipEd at macquarie]. Of course, i screwed me over, and [overseas at the time results were issued] spent many long distance phone calls home carrying on about not wanting to go to uni and probably doing an apprenticeship blah blah etc.

Sorry for the delayed moral-of-the-story, but yeah i do a heck of a load of research, esp emailed faculties and talked to other bos members, and am now doing a BSc majoring in psych [with few science subs which is awesome] at unsw and its the bomb. Moral of story i think is that i could still transfer to BPsych or BA psych [marks willing], but things have worked out in the end. You can transfer to your desired degree from another, of course depending on its difficulty and appropriateness [like BA to B Optometry], but it just takes longer and you may have to do subjects you dont want to do that you wouldnt have otherwise had to do if youd gotten into B med in the first place. What helped at least me is if you set yourself below-expected results(;P), and be open for options distant from where you may be set in stone for, because i was horrendously let down. And if you get higher results, then all the better for you ..!

Ps life doesnt start until school ends [no joke/nothing new there], so at least you've something to look forward to then i spose.
pps there is no cure for procrastination. do not think it ends once school is over. ill be focusing future research on whether it is a particular physical part of the brain, and if this can be removed through non-invasive surgery, like reading harry potter books, and examining the fridge contents.
ppps at unsw website theres an hsc credit points scheme thingo that helps you get a leg-up if your uai just misses out on your desired degree, if that be your uni of choice

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
emma_f said:
Hey oi, go to your opposite corners.

If its any help - my boyfriend did little if any constant study, the majority of it being the few days before due assessment, and got 95.something. Like someone said, some can just naturally put things together. As for me, being so organisationally challenged, thought i could get over 85, and in my comfortable state of complacency, thought i could get away with it [amongst other factors, like my headstrong desire to not care about the hsc whilst wanting nothing else than to do a BA (psyc) with DipEd at macquarie]. Of course, i screwed me over, and [overseas at the time results were issued] spent many long distance phone calls home carrying on about not wanting to go to uni and probably doing an apprenticeship blah blah etc.

Sorry for the delayed moral-of-the-story, but yeah i do a heck of a load of research, esp emailed faculties and talked to other bos members, and am now doing a BSc majoring in psych [with few science subs which is awesome] at unsw and its the bomb. Moral of story i think is that i could still transfer to BPsych or BA psych [marks willing], but things have worked out in the end. You can transfer to your desired degree from another, of course depending on its difficulty and appropriateness [like BA to B Optometry], but it just takes longer and you may have to do subjects you dont want to do that you wouldnt have otherwise had to do if youd gotten into B med in the first place. What helped at least me is if you set yourself below-expected results(;P), and be open for options distant from where you may be set in stone for, because i was horrendously let down. And if you get higher results, then all the better for you ..!

Ps life doesnt start until school ends [no joke/nothing new there], so at least you've something to look forward to then i spose.
pps there is no cure for procrastination. do not think it ends once school is over. ill be focusing future research on whether it is a particular physical part of the brain, and if this can be removed through non-invasive surgery, like reading harry potter books, and examining the fridge contents.
ppps at unsw website theres an hsc credit points scheme thingo that helps you get a leg-up if your uai just misses out on your desired degree, if that be your uni of choice
lol i guess you've got a point.
i wasn't flaming anyone in particular by the way , least of all SS.
just saying ... there are some people who're like that.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

williamc said:
One of those people that always goes "i never study, besides night before cram" and then get like 90's%. Fair enough im not saying you're lying, but please don't profess to us your lack of study and your subsquent amazing marks.
An honest dickhead :)[comment]Meh, deal with me any way you want to, I don't really care, I believe people shouldn't be judged by what they post on some internet forum but rather the quality of the person in real life.[/comment]

G

gaoOO

williams180 said:
nah, i'm sure some people are here to flirt, have fun, procrastinate, stay away from studies.

if people here were really into studying, they wouldn't be stupid enough to waste time on the forum. They would lock themselves in their room almost every day :) (sadly, i know people who have done that)

Emma's right, different people can get different results with varying levels of study. I think this is most apparent in subjects like maths or physics, where some people are just naturally good at understanding concepts compared to others who take more time to process new concepts.

I should probably be off writing some more notes since physics stands at 1/4 topics and it's been a while since i passed any 4u maths papers...

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
im fuckeeeed! =[
i just hope i can cram like ive never crammed beforee and hopefully just get atleast 83 uai so i can goto uni;o

so manyyy expectations yo.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Ive done about 3/4 of my notes, though there are big holes in a lot of places!

And just because ive done notes, doesnt mean i can remember anything!

Still got a long way to go!

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
It's 30degrees outside! I want to go to the beach!

I'm going to organise my notes and then study a topic a day. :)
No stress!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)