Art Express Nominees- Post your works here (1 Viewer)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I know we have a couple of ArtExpress threads, and a post your major work thread, but I want to see all the people who got nominated together.
I haven't got a letter though so I can't post mine here :(

timrie6

HSC
N/A
you should have!
my dad got into art express and it got stolen from the exhibition! all he has is one black and white photo

cuivienen

HSC
I have a photo of my painting...Although the photo makes the paint look really dull and lifeless...eh...

Here it is

It's 2.4m in height and 2m in length, and I used oil paints and pastels, with a palette knife, brush and some cloth to help the tone shift more nicely :)

Caboodles

here's a picture of the book I made- it's the conceptual aspect of my work
Contains quotes from artists such as Michael Leunig, Barbara Kreuger, and Jenny Holzer and photos in which my artworks are manipulated into.

Last edited:

Jase

HSC
Your dad's work got stolen??? Must've been really good then.. that would be pretty funny though. I'd be honoured if someone stole my work, and at the same time id be pissed cause some fucker stole my work.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'd laugh if someone stole my work, and press print.
However i've been thinking about deleting the original print files, that way they're more 'art' than print.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Jase said:
Your dad's work got stolen??? Must've been really good then.. that would be pretty funny though. I'd be honoured if someone stole my work, and at the same time id be pissed cause some fucker stole my work.
Yeah it was really sad actually
His work gave me the idea to use resin

Last edited:

muzzling

HSC
Whoa Jase, that's friggin awesome work.. I've heard oils are extremely hard to work with.. are the rumours true??
My only photos of my works are in my VAPD at school.. shall scan them in on tuesday, i'm keen to know what everyone thinks.
x

Jase

HSC
Well.. i find oils the easiest to work with because they're so flexible. Unlike acrylics.. But thats just me.
Many people find oils so daunting only because of all these negative factors like using turps, how hard it is to wash off, taking like years to dry (technically), and yes, it can be frustrating at times. But, the positive factors way outnumber the negative.
For example, Oils are.. .. um..... COOL. yerp.
And if you like to sniff mineral turps as an unhealthy drug obsession, you'll love oil paint!

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I love your work Jase
Yeah I thought it would get in but I haven't got a letter :(
it was marked on Friday. I think I will give up hope if there is no letter by tommorow

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I didn't see any sculptures when I saw ArtExpress last year

Caboodles

Is there a specific theme or concept that they use to pick the works for artexpress- I was just wondering.....
Holy shit Jase those paintings are incredible- you have so much control over oil paints....*dies*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)