Art Express Preselection (1 Viewer)

muzzoid

HSC
WOOOT, i just found out i got preselected not 30 min ago :D!

As I'm up in ballina, it was marked at my school.

My medium, was resin models, and digitally painted posters :D.

I am so extatic!

naughtymanolo

HSC
meghan, mine was wearble arts, but i did photography too so it became an insitaltion. It was a pretty big box, so maybe they had issus packing, all they had to do was fold it up and stuff it in, i can iron it out again lol. I just hope its not lost, becuase I was restign on the fact that i could use in in my interviews(or say i was in art express) for college, at the moment i think im screwed and neither is hapenning.

meghanhelena

HSC
This just in: Another girl in my class got preselected! She did a series of paintings...

I live in Ballina too... hurrah for rain and cardigans.

Naughtymanolo- may I ask what course you are thinking of doing? And I agree about uni's loving those Art Express students... I just want to do art theory but I wonder how many people will use their HSC body of work when trying to get into the course they want.

Last edited:

muzzoid

HSC
Haha yeah the weather is a bit like that right now.

so that makes 3 people so far from ballina to be preselected, if another girl in your class got in.

I was the only one in my class to get in, though my teacher didn't tell me my mark, except that i got marked higher than 47.

morgus

HSC
i got pre-selceted aswell. YAY!!!

Total suprise. I did sculpture and spent an added 75+ hours in the art room throughout year 12. So getting preselected kinda makes it worth it now.:)

musiche

HSC
reno369 said:
someone before asked the probability (eew maths) of actually getting into art express after getting preselected

from the 'art express key facts' ...."Typically, more than 8,000 students submit a Body of Work as part of the HSC examination in Visual Arts. About 600 of these Bodies of Work are nominated for ARTEXPRESS and about 200 are selected for exhibition."

so you got about a 1/3 chance ... which is pretty good! besides, artworks are showcased in other places then the 'actual' art express exhibition.

goodluck!
ummmm just so you know...this really doesn't work out to be 33% chance......more like a 7.5% chance for preselection and a 2.5% chance of getting in [out of everyone].....lol......so you should all feel that much luckier if you got selected! lol :)

i didn't get selected...but i wasn't expecting to at all..so no harm....but my boyfriend got selected....his was amazing tho, but it might be a bit PG rated for artexpress...

anywho, gl in the rest of exams ppl!
xx

naughtymanolo

HSC
meghanhelena said:
This just in: Another girl in my class got preselected! She did a series of paintings...

I live in Ballina too... hurrah for rain and cardigans.

Naughtymanolo- may I ask what course you are thinking of doing? And I agree about uni's loving those Art Express students... I just want to do art theory but I wonder how many people will use their HSC body of work when trying to get into the course they want.
im trying to do fashion design at TAFE, its really the only reputable college to go to in the country. Mos tof the others award you your certificate as long as you pay your fees. But its really compeditive, there are abotu 90 places in the state and alst year over 1200 peopel applied. So everythign counts when it comes to interviews. Thats why i wanted to get into Art express so badly, and if i didnt at least i would have a body of work to show. Seems like i have neither right now.

~kiki

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
im trying to do fashion design at TAFE, its really the only reputable college to go to in the country. Mos tof the others award you your certificate as long as you pay your fees. But its really compeditive, there are abotu 90 places in the state and alst year over 1200 peopel applied. So everythign counts when it comes to interviews. Thats why i wanted to get into Art express so badly, and if i didnt at least i would have a body of work to show. Seems like i have neither right now.
Did you have good photographs of your works? I saw that you had good photographs of your texstile major. I'm sure that those will do in the meantime for interviews and such. I'm also sure that it would be near impossible for them to lose a major project-- they've probably just misplaced it and it will turn up as they start sending more works back to schools. When works are sent off the teacher has to number the 1/27, 2/27 etc, so they will know if yours is missing. Judging from your texstiles major project I'm guessing it means you got pre-selected anyway :). Nothing to worry about. :)

jazzmuzik

HSC
I got 50/50 too.. i didnt really think it was worth that. My process diary probably, but not the work, i'm not expecting to get preselected, i think my teacher just liked it.

Last edited:

naughtymanolo

HSC
~kiki said:
Did you have good photographs of your works? I saw that you had good photographs of your texstile major. I'm sure that those will do in the meantime for interviews and such. I'm also sure that it would be near impossible for them to lose a major project-- they've probably just misplaced it and it will turn up as they start sending more works back to schools. When works are sent off the teacher has to number the 1/27, 2/27 etc, so they will know if yours is missing. Judging from your texstiles major project I'm guessing it means you got pre-selected anyway :). Nothing to worry about. :)
Awww thanks, I'm hopign so. I did have photographs heres one of my photographs: however i dont have detailed shots of the matching hat, nor the 5 voodoo dolls i made nor the shoes and pearls i made for it. (sorry about the size im bad at computers, and this is the real shot, for my acctual work i photoshoppe dit so the pole int eh back was dead straight, red eyes were fixed, shes were jet black and colours were mroe vibrant, but this is the onyl shot of it i have on this computer)

HSC
naughtymanolo said:
meghan, mine was wearble arts, but i did photography too so it became an insitaltion.
i did wearable art two.
mine came bac so im asuming that means it wasn't chosen damm!
with other exhibitions showcasing HSC works are they recalled or is once they are sent back IT??

Last edited:

naughtymanolo

HSC
Apparently textiles this year sends everything back, then alerts you if you got into texstyle. And i ve hear Art is much the opposite, so if thats true unfortunately you werent selected. But that was only what i heard no facts, so ther is still hope, good luck. Can you post a pic of yours im dying to see what otehr wearables were.

naughtymanolo

HSC
BTW my peice also had a big target on the back saying 'victim targeted LOCKED' becuase the outfit is supossed to represent the fashion victim. I titled it 'bitrth of the fashion victim' but i really wanted to call it 'Lable Whore' (my teacher suggested agaisnt it lol)

Grimesy

HSC
These are 6 of my pics, got an internal mark of 50/50, preselected

was appropriating the work of Goldsworthy, with a reference to global warming, there are a total of 16 pics in the actual series

Chuc

HSC
I seriously doubt that my work, dubbed "That Violent Revenge Story", will make the G-Rating cut :rofl:

rachael.mcgee

HSC
woaaaaaaaaaaaaaah grimesy it's great!! good luck with getting in :)

and well done everyone! good luck w. exam tomorrow

em21

HSC
Seriously naughtymanolo I think there is a definite reason that your work hasn't been sent back yet - it must have been selected - it is amazing seriously I have seen your textiles major work too and I think you are definetly going to get selected for both TexStyle ad Art Express!!!

Also Grimesy those photos are so cool they clearly have a lot of visual appeal I just love them!!!

emmisue

HSC
yay i got nominated!!! only 1 in my class 2.
question... how do they choose who gets in? do you have to send your works away? Mine are 4 big pastel paintings, and they r only in mats that r starting to break. i know u cant frame em 4 hsc, but can you 4 art xpress? my works are slipping and getting smudged inside, i dont want em wrecked.. plus i am worried ppl might touch them, the pastel smudges so easily, and mines on a black background, so the slightest smudging of the light figures really shows..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)