Art Express? (1 Viewer)

meeli

HSC
Hey i've been apparently selected as well, I'm ecstatic, though I hate my art!

Hols87

yeh i think they do it by areas, my teacher said yesterday that they are still marking some areas and wont find out the final cut for art express untill november sometime, congrats u guys on being pre-selected thats heaps good!!!

penciltron

HSC
just found out ours are marked early november i think the 4th or so, so i wont know for a week.

swandive

HSC
has anyone actually found through a letter yet? or have you just been told by your teachers?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Hols87 said:
hey guys in answer to when the notifications and letters come out,
my teacher rang me today to say that mine has been selected for the first part of the selection process and said that the letters should be coming in the next few days, to say that your bow has been selected for the first part of the selection process for art express..

YAY!

Me too!

I am so stoked, i got a phone call too saying that my work had been nominated.

Can't wait to find out if i make the final cut.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
Hey
I got nominated too.
Means jack all though!
BTW, my school is not in the mountains, its in Sydney - kinda northern sydney - so yeah, maybe they have marked quite a few works?

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
got nominated :)

hey guys,http://community.boredofstudies.org/images/icons/icon14.gif
yeah originally my teacher gave me a mark of 50/50, which is great cos she is a marker and the sharpest bitch of a teacher. ha. well today, the markers came, and I was called to say that another girl who got 48/50 and I got nominated for art express. So thats the first stage.. has anyone heard how much further and longer the selection process goes for? od it's been agony waiting to hear what the markers thought, I hope the curators take a liking to it. Best of luck to everyone else.
trine

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
We were itinerant marked as well.
3 nominations
top guy 50/50 inschool and nomination.
me 43/50 at school and nomination
other guy 38-42/50 and nomination

Well there you go

ahmi

HSC
I got a phone call from my art teacher saying I got into first selection as well...
so happy and shocked....

HSC
N/A
Congratulations to all those who have been pre-selected :)

And remember, if you don't make it in to the actual exhibitions, it doesn't mean your work is any 'worse' than those who do make it in. Some students from the past who have topped Visual Arts have not had their works exhibited.

The curators generally have a theme and work around that.... they're planning an exhibition that will hopefully be a success, not just picking out what's 'better' and sending back those that aren't as strong.

As far as I'm concerned, getting short listed is the acheivement, and getting exhibited is just the wonderful added bonus.

Either way - you're all winners. Congratulations guys. I can only hope that I'll be in the same position as all of you this time next year. :)

PeT_peT

HSC
Congrats to everyone who gt into the first round...i still remember how i jumped up and down on moi bed whn i gt my first letter last yr. Then i ended up crying whn i gt de second letter...c'est la vie
As my art teacher used to say...it's the mark that matters...n i gt mark...so, dere shldn't b ne shame!!

And really.. getting into art-express is lyk icing on de cake. If ur cake already worth 50...den wif or wifout de icing, ur cake is still delicious.

runboynick

Congrats to everyone who did make it in, im kind of annoyed i didnt get in, i topped my year in Visual Arts this year and did an installation to do with natural disasters- got 47/50. I was wondering if it means now i didnt get above 45 by the board of studies? I'll probably have to try really hard in the exam, because thats half your mark. I did really well in both practical and theory and i really want get a band 6, anyways time to knuckle down, im not letting art express get in my way.

Gummy_bear

HSC
runboynick said:
Congrats to everyone who did make it in, im kind of annoyed i didnt get in, i topped my year in Visual Arts this year and did an installation to do with natural disasters- got 47/50. I was wondering if it means now i didnt get above 45 by the board of studies? I'll probably have to try really hard in the exam, because thats half your mark. I did really well in both practical and theory and i really want get a band 6, anyways time to knuckle down, im not letting art express get in my way.
It definately doesnt mean that you didnt get over 45. Not all works that get over 45 are selected for artexpress, some arnt for other reasons.
They try to select pieces taht are different to each other and various different themes. So, it doesnt mean that you didnt get above 45, remember, only a few can be selected, and they use other criteria for their selections than just marks.

Gummy_bear

HSC
natstar said:
Actually they try to pick peices that compliment each other and fit a certain type of theme, as least thats what my uncle said, but yeah it definetly doesent mean that if you didnt get picked you didnt get over 45.
Oh, my bad. Well, my main point was right, just coz you didnt get into artexpress doesnt mean that you didnt get over 45.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
7 ppl, thats alot. they must all be pretty good.
Yeah Im waiting for the news on the curators selections too.. has anyone heard if they are definitley in? and is there anyone on here who did the NAS intensive yr12 workshops last year, I did sculpture!

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
i dont think we hear if we're definitely in until all the vapds are called for and looked at... i did the NAS intensive theory workshop... i just hope i get in so they can kick themselves for not accepting me into the photography workshop!!! hmmmpphh! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)