Art Express? (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
natstar said:
I didnt get mine back until Jan when I finished year 12. Same with my textile/design major which got shortlisted, and one of my paintings for art got lost in the process (I had 6 individual paintings)
dude! i thought you was doing the HSC this year, you post so much i just assumed.

I cower down to your awsome universityness!

Chris Lloyd

When do they stop sending out nominations? If they only started marking them on the 24th, when do they stop? Nobody so far from our school has been nominated and I would be really surprised if it stays like that.

millicent

irnie said:
yay! i got preselected too! 7 people from my school all up. when do we find out if it actually got into Art Express?
I think they let us know in late November, early December. We had 10 nominations from my school, it was awesome that so many were nominated. Hopefully we'll get a lot in.

runboynick

millicent said:
I think they let us know in late November, early December. We had 10 nominations from my school, it was awesome that so many were nominated. Hopefully we'll get a lot in.
what school do you go to? thats so good, what were the major works based on? because if they r looking for a theme id like to know what it is.

swandive

HSC
swandive said:
has anyone actually found through a letter yet? or have you just been told by your teachers?
well has anyone got a letter?

arooshika...

HSC
i wish i got into the art express and i worked pretty damn hard on my works to :(
oh well, anyways i hope 2 of my mates get in, they got pretty good marks to and one one of them had a video animation and everything was created in 3ds max and poser and he also used premiere, macromedia director and flash. his work is called 'we are the architects of our own destruction'

millicent

runboynick said:
what school do you go to? thats so good, what were the major works based on? because if they r looking for a theme id like to know what it is.
st george girls hs. they were all really different... mine was based on an engine. one girl did technology taking over the world type thing, another did charcoal nudes in an abtract expressionist style, someone else did insects with sculpture and drawing, another girl based her works on an elderly woman, another girl did her surf club... i don't think there's a common theme between any of them.

juzzy

Cruel Cruel World

irnie said:
i knooow!!! mine was done just intensively within like 3/4 wks... cant believe rush jobs pay off

i spent the whole year solidly working on my work, it was my absolute passion spent every spare monemt on it, and spent a fortune. topped art for my school but haven't heard a thing from anyone! god rejection sucks

juzzy

hey milli, it's justine thought that was you not many millicents around. did you get in to art express thats awesome, bet that was that beth witht he surf club? i knew she'd do something amazing. very very jealous! hows it all going? you and the girls keeping it together?

Last edited:

Chris Lloyd

juzzy said:
i spent the whole year solidly working on my work, it was my absolute passion spent every spare monemt on it, and spent a fortune. topped art for my school but haven't heard a thing from anyone! god rejection sucks
hear hear...
i'm exactly like you, except i didn't spend much money on it. Oh well, I just think of it as the BOS loss.

runboynick

i wouldnt worry, art was my complete passion as well, my artwork was very prolific used so many matierials, followed the syllabus and got in my high 90's 4 it.. i thought the markers may may have chosen a theme on natural disasters, due to the tsunami disasters, hurricane Katrina etc,,,i had an awesome concept, but didnt get in. The boy that got through my school got like 42/50...and did charcoal drawings. It just comes down to the theme the markers are looking for etc I know that one of the girls that topped Visual Arts in the state didnt get into art express. Even if you do get 50/50 you may not get in. I wish you could appeal your major work to the bos.

HSC
N/A
runboynick said:
It just comes down to the theme the markers are looking for etc I know that one of the girls that topped Visual Arts in the state didnt get into art express. Even if you do get 50/50 you may not get in.
Exactly :)

runboynick said:
I wish you could appeal your major work to the bos.
What's the point of appealing though? Not being included into ArtExpress does not mean your mark will not be fantastic. You could have very well pulled a 50/50, you just don't know.

I know of course it must be a bummer. Personally I think we all hold ArtExpress in too high esteem, and hold it as the holy of holies in the HSC Visual Arts world. This is obviously going to leave lots of people very disappointed, upset, jealous etc. It's also horrible in my opinion, that people find out before the HSC exam - as it might leave some people feeling very low and like they can't get back up.

Just remember though - you may very well have got a very high mark. Don't worry yourself too much about it, and just wait until that day in December when you find out.

Don't blame the BOS for not getting into ArtExpress too - it simply comes down to the curators, and what they see as fitting for their exhibition. :)

Anyway. Best wishes to everyone for the exam :cool:

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
juzzy said:
Don't worry too much. If you go to a regional school you may have to just wait a bit longer. I'm sure one or two from our class will be nominated (as is our teacher), but we haven't heard anything as yet.

gong-guy

here i am
HSC
art express

omg guys how the hell did some of u start ur bow like 2 or 3 weeks before the due date lol. i started to plan mine when i was in year 11 and as soon as i started year 12 i started to take photos. i spent so many hours in my schools darkroom like at lunch b4 and after school our class even had art days during the holidays for us to come in and do work. i did photography as well so everyday at school i was in the darkroom doing prints. i worked so hard and really like my body of work and when i heard that was like oh man lol. i got 48 for my class mark and was like really wishing i would get in to art express. mine was sent to home bush to get marked and my school is in wollongong and all u guys have been told u have got in so am thinking i havent. have any of u got a letter from the bos or is it justfrom ur teacher that u know .i spent heaps on mine as well like it was $400 and something to get all my photos mounted and then like paper as well. i also did design and tech and spent a fair bit on that ay so ill b broke for schoolies if u guys r going to the gold coast ill b the guy asking for money so i can get some food.

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
hey, just becos i pulled mine together towards the end.... doesnt mean im not passionate about it. i spent all of yr 11 planning mine.... so many sketches, everything.... and then in yr 12 i just had to pull up my performance in all other subjects that i'd been neglecting for art... and then by the time i was gettin ready to start it was too late to do what i'd originally wanted to. so i got disheartened and just left it..... and instead just put everything into my photographic bodies of work cos they didnt count for anything... i had been just taking photos for months, experimenting and doing it just for the sake of takin photos. so when it got really close to the deadline, i had to do my PIP (on art) and put everything into that... and then i pretty much just had my two wks of trials and one week after til the deadline. so i did shit in my trials... spent the whole time arranging and rearranging the hundreds of photos i had from experimenting... then something finally bloomed... i took another 6 rolls or so... when you're passionate about the work, or when i was about mine, it was all i could do.... im talkin day and night, thats all i worked on everyday.... i stopped goin to classes for anything else... so i probably ended up putting in the 60+ hrs that everyone who worked on it for a yr did... except mine was just solidly in 3 wks without much sleep. and finally my teachers and i all started gettin excited over it and adding something or changing something every day... in that 3 wks, i put together a series of 24 photos, two short films and a window mounted panel with documentation of having exhibited my work. so anything is possible.... just cos i pulled it in at the 11th hour doesnt mean i took the easy way out or anything, i worked just as hard.... and in total for my BOW, i woulda taken over 20 rolls of film.... 14 of my images were blown up to A3 and the other 10 A4 and all mounted on foam core... so my BOW cost me somewhere between $700 and $900 from what i've calculated... and i paid for ALL of it myself.... with my money i earnt thru retail!! so goddam dont whinge if you think those who pulled it together at the end didnt work hard for it or arent as passionate as those who worked on it consistently...

:D thats just my 2 cents on the matter

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
Altho I had my hopes for getting into ArtExpress, I haven't gotten notified yet, so I guess, I probaby didn't make the selection. Naturally, I'm somewhat disappointed, but, meh... I just have to accept it... I'll probably sook for half a day or so, but screw it... har har... Now my deputy prinicpal owes me lunch, HA!

But I'm going to go to school tomorrow to find out anyway. MEH! Can't help but still have hope... Worked pretty hard on my one... I got full marks for my BOW at school, but I'm not going to cling onto that... ARGGHH!

I think I need to drown my sorrows in some chemistry! LOL

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression that students wishing to use Photography in their HSC VA BOW are not allowed to also take the HSC Photography course, and must drop it in year 11.

???

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)