• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Artexpress (1 Viewer)

ilovethehsc

Daemontreu said:
the curators pick the artworks that go into the exhibitions in their various galleries..
yeah i agree exactly, we were told that....and thats why i oppose the marking criteria, of course it cant be helped cause its art, but it is too subjective. i made a bike riding video under the type of work "designed objects and its environments" cause i also designed a tshirt, which when purchased allowed the DVD to be given out as a promotional item, i also design and produced 2 instore posters that would go along with the whole package.
when i leave school i wanna go into production, and make my own films, specifically bikeriding, i filmed all of the footage in my work, and edited it all aswell and had lots a fun doin it, but i want the publicity to atleast get a head start in the industry.
i got 98.2% for school marking, and it would make my day everyday for the year to be in artexpress at the gallery of nsw just for publicity.
i hope you read this curator.
student number 14190031
haha
cheers all
good luck

nerida

HSC
N/A
right well since we are all being extreamly over confident i think i am definately in because throughout the whole year my teacher said to me "looking good nerida" and thats impressive and pookies in too because she got a nod so obviously we are in and you guys arent because your extreamly over confident about your work and your going to be extreamly dissapointed if you dont get in. But ours will be alright any arguements contact either pookie or I. have a nice day and keep waiting for your envelopes.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Sickle said:
You do art Pookie? You surprised me, I see you as more of a drama/music/performer type of person.
no music no drama no performance art unless u count my naked sculpture and fountain pieces. private performaces. PM me.

yeah i do art im on a scholarship

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
nerida said:
then i would go and paint the 6th finger back on pookies painting and add another head for effect.

QUOTE]
Oi, i was under alot of stress, and see, it worked out fine after i fixed it.

V

val_dramaqueen

so nerida, you did a wearable too? same here...
it went under as "designed objects and environments"?
do you have a picture of your work? i'd love to see it! i got a pic of mine too..
did you make yours to fit you or someone elsE?

Jase

HSC
It would so rock if you got into AGNSW... thats like.. possibly a once in a life time experience. That is unless you become a highly commercial proffesional artist.. which probably wont happen until your deathbed and or when your so old that you can't do anything anymore. And then you could get into the Louvre a hundred years after you die. So what would you prefer? To have lived and died the life of a good artist, or to have never lived but died the life of a great artist.

nerida

HSC
N/A
val_dramaqueen said:
so nerida, you did a wearable too? same here...
it went under as "designed objects and environments"?
do you have a picture of your work? i'd love to see it! i got a pic of mine too..
did you make yours to fit you or someone elsE?
it was designed to fit Betty the manequin but then Betty and I could be sisters cos it fits me too. Yeah i have a photo but the more i look at it the uncooler it is. So yeah but id love to see yours... and eventually you may see mine if im game... one day i will be

s_kisses

HSC
getting into agnsw isnt all its cracked up to be ur work gets both praised and slagged. its tough..depends what ppl like. some ppl are unbelievably critical u just gotta get over it. good luck everyone :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
no...
at my school we went around and talked about wether we'd like to get into art express, i said no because u kno.. every single year i've gone i've just bagged out heaps of works and it'd piss me off to see some year 10 punk saying 'I could do that eaaasy!'

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
art teacher wants my diary, i guess either i've been shortlisted or they think i've cheated :p
val_dramaqueen said:
well...

2) My diary was sent away with my work.. i thought it was compulsory to send it away with your work anyway??

youre not suppose to have your artdiary (VAPD)
she wants it, because it needs to get sent along for marking also!
lol dope
its part of the process of your BOD
(to see if your work is legit!)

Last edited:

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
PookieMonster said:
what if u get preselected and u dont want it to go off?
mines a 2m sq painting, and i dont want people touching it and stuff

before you got it sent off,
there were a whole load of papers your teacher got you to sign and write your title of work n selected criteria yeh?
well there was a question asking about publicity, if your work be accepted
yes or no
(publicity as in use for ARTEXPRESS and magazines, etc.. thats what it ment)

you should have put NO, so even if u didnt get selected they wont accept it, because of your BOD contract thingo!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
my teachers have seen my artwork at the thingy... its being used as a umm guide type thing for digital media?
anyway they told me i've definately got a band 6..

The reason why i had my art diary was because no one from our school had ever been asked for their diary so they were pretty surprised.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
my teachers have seen my artwork at the thingy... its being used as a umm guide type thing for digital media?
anyway they told me i've definately got a band 6..

congrats! thats excellento
do you want to pursue a career in digital media?!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Thanks
nah.. well maybe, it depends how my results go.. if i don't get into architecture lol
Do u kno how the guide thing works.. does it just mean i got a band 6, or does it mean i got a high band 6 or what?
I'm hoping for a high mark in art.... to help get me accross the line with my shitty english mark lol

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
i think they are just standard bands
but you also get a mark with it?
so in conjunction to band 6 and your mark it could be a high band 6!
not sure sorry lol

yeah i think the only decent marks i will get are in art! ha ha stuff the other subjects

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Thanks
nah.. well maybe, it depends how my results go.. if i don't get into architecture lol
Do u kno how the guide thing works.. does it just mean i got a band 6, or does it mean i got a high band 6 or what?
I'm hoping for a high mark in art.... to help get me accross the line with my shitty english mark lol
i thought it's really hard to get a band 6 (not even high band 6) for the hsc
also art doesnt scale u up as high as other subs...yeh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)