ARTS1000 eSearch to Research Library Skills (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
Hello im doing an elective in the faculty of arts called sociology. anyways its complusory to do this reasearch library skills thing on the net, i accesd it via webct but i don't know what to do? if someone culd give me a lil hand , much appreciated thankyouuu...

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
You have to go through each module. The modules are these links with the darker blue arrows. Click on the first one and it will show you how to go through the module. Each module finishes with a small practice test that will help you for the final test. Once you have gone through all these modules, click the ARTS1000 Final Test link. Hope that helps :)

witide

HSC
I dropped sociology so I wouldn't have to do that. Good luck lol.

sannous1

HSC
You have to go through each module. The modules are these links with the darker blue arrows. Click on the first one and it will show you how to go through the module. Each module finishes with a small practice test that will help you for the final test. Once you have gone through all these modules, click the ARTS1000 Final Test link. Hope that helps :)

yes i get it now thanks heapz

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
SCLG is the fucking worst and this esearch bs is fucking stupid, as if you even need to use the library/uni database catalogue unless you are an overachiever

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Aaaah so long and boring, it felt like such a waste of time when I have so much other proper reading to do.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How many of us SCLG1001 kids have still yet to do this, despite it being due on Good Friday? :p

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I don't do sociology but I had to do it ages ago for a different unit, it seriously only took like 20 minutes because half of the questions are just common sense. And you can more or less just look back at the examples etc during the actual test. Epic fail program if you ask me. You only have to get like 50% to pass anyway, don't you?

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
How many of us SCLG1001 kids have still yet to do this, despite it being due on Good Friday? :p
yes fuck i just realised we have to do it in order to hand in our essay. AS IF I DON'T HATE SCLG ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!

Samm3h

HSC
Hey guys, had to do this exercise as part of HSTY1025 the other day. If you really don't have the time to go through the walkthrough and need this as a prereq to hand in essays then i suggest winging it the first time - a lot of the questions are very simple so with common sense you should do fine. If you're dissatisfied with your first attempt then you can actually view your first test marked with all the questions you got right and wrong. With this you can then attempt the test again (you get two goes at it), and get a better result.

Sorry if this breaches the moral code held by anyone but i don't think the lecturers or tutors care at all, it's just a checkbox that needs ticking. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)