• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ashes to Ashes (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
martyn can come out of retirement, if that's what you're after. but i doubt that's going to happen, given that he's not 25 but 35, and aust has a lot of emerging batsmen, voges, cosgrove, hodge, martin love (remember that guy?) and camera white, just to name a few, they are all pushing for selection.

bowlers on the other hand, need a lot of work if we are ever going to replace mcgrath and warne. clark has proven to be a great imitation of mcgrath, now we need a sound spinner, given that macgill is not going to hang around much longer either. what a shame that a great bowler like him played in the same era as warne, damn...

BlackDragon

HSC
yeah i remember martin love. he was meant to be like the next best thing after his debut and then he never got called up into the side again.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
FUCK GILES,

Panesar comes after his first over and bowls Langer!

What a champ! It was an awesome ball. Langer had no idea -lol. Its really up to clarke - he is really against spin - I mean symonds is unpredictable. Hussey can he handle the spin? he is the same county team as panesar but it could work against him.

Of course gilchrist is still there. :bomb:

Sajid Mohammed? I guess is he is way better Anderson - but i think they want that indo-paki rivalry in the team :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Symonds was a disappointment. I really think he should have batted 4 - hussey 5 and clarke at 6.

Also its time for the openers to retire - langer and hayden - if they dont average 50 from here on - they should bo both go.

u have hussey, jacques, and katich all eyining that opening spots.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
gilly.

utter disappointment.

who else is there. haddin? :p

i miss the big shots from gilly. :(

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I don't think we should lose hope in our openners just yet. Langer still looks in good touch, he's still averaging 60ish for this series and the only reason he failed in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test is because we needed to pick up the run rate. Maybe Jaques for Hayden if he doesn't break 50 or 100 next innings, but i'm not sure, Jaques has only averaged 37 this season so far, if anything, i think we should go for the in form players (i think that's why the selectors chose Voges, he was averaging 130+ so far these season).

So far today, it's been a tight contest, but it's also reminded me of the South African test from last year. There's plenty in the pitch for the batsmen, but there's also alot of movement and bounce for the pacemen and spinners. (in that game both sides scored 250-300 each for the first innings, i reckon it'll come down to that again)

haha, and there's something about panesar that i like. Similar to liking Inzy when he bats for some reason. Did anyone see Giles' face when Monty got his first wicket? It looked something along the lines of "well, guess i might as well retire already" :p

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
fuck that go back to fucking umpiring school u fucktard arsewipe cumeater. YEW JUST COST HUSSEY A CENTURY FUCK OFF.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
hahahaha, god that was even worse than the strauss call in adelaide. No noise past the bat, which missed by about 10cm or so and it hit him on the bloody shoulder.

250 was still close enough....it would've been 250 if that was given not out because i'm sure hussey would've made at least 6 runs off the next over (god, the only way anyone's gonna get that guy out is to hope that he falls into a microsleep or something) :p

Anyway, i think at this point it's still even. If England can be 80 or so without loss tonight they'll be on top, if australia can restrict them to 40ish or take a couple of wickets then they'll be on top. Game on.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
BlackDragon said:
yes. aleem just got carried away like a fool.
Hussey was lucky - he had one plumb LBW - but it was close and the umpire thought there was inside edge - but the infra-red replay showed it hit pad first.

Anyway England again failed to capitalise on the situation, Bell was crucial wicket - he was the guy the stabilised the england innings and allowed collingwood and peitersen to play there free game.

Now is he out early - though strauss is still and I feel The WACA will suit him the best. His wicket will be the most crucial.

Harmison came back - though the pitch is greately pace bowlers when compared to BRisbance and ADelaide. So i dont know if he can perform at Melbournce or Sydney.

Nut Man of the Day: Panesar - few bowlers have troubled Australia so much.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Someone needs to fire Rudi, first the Mcgrath call, and now the Strauss call.

Well...maybe it's karma (didn't strauss catch Mcgrath's wicket?) :p

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Panesar and Harmison are batting quite good - really shows the english top+middle order really threw away their wickets.

Simple batting is very effective. Just the basics. Thats Panesar and harmison is showing.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Panesar and harmison actually played the sweep shot pretty well :p
Lol. Langer out first ball :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)