Ashes to Ashes (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
or our whole team has to wear blindfolds.
or only one of our batsmen at a time is allowed a bat.
or our bowlers (except michael clarke) have to bowl left handed
or we can't use our hands whilst fielding
or the batsmen have to do handstands before hitting the ball.

:D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davo_ said:
I love how you say "ideal time to bring in the youth" and yet you mention Lehmann (and I assume I am not mistaken and you are referring to Darren Lehmann and not some young up and comer.) There is no way that side would ever get chosen - and frankly I don't think it would have a shot against the English side. Fair enough introducing youth and so on - but you do this when need be - ie if any of the current 'older players' are not performing. You can't get rid of Warne or McGrath; sure it would be good to blood some young players - but at the same time you can't make a mockery of an Australian selection: you've got to choose your best team. In agreeance with what others have said choosing a side this would totally disrupt the team. The only change likely to happen for the next match is likely to be the dropping of probably Martyn for Watson. I don't entirely agree with this - it seems the Australian selectors want an all rounder for the sake of having an all rounder regardless of how good he is (ie Australia has caught the Freddie Flintoff fever). It would be great to see Watson prove himself, but I don't believe he has yet.
For England to lose that Test Match - they are pathetic, the team that I have outlined will beat England comfortably. Lehmann is a champ - he is youthful in skill by age he is experienced.

On that note - I think Katich should replace Lehmann.

On Warne and Mcgrath this is an ideal oppurtinity to play some youth players, if they dont bring them in now - and say the next series they come u pagainst a solid Indian attack - and then Warne is injured, then who will replace him, someone with no experience whatsoever and he will get hammered and Australia will lose. 2nill up - its brillaint oppurtinity to play Johnsonn or Tait instead of Mcgrath. Maybe not Perth Test - Australia can secure the series there and win, and then play second XI for the rest of the series like how England are playing with trecothinkc, jones, vaughan all injured.

BlackDragon

HSC
it is bullshit to think that your team would win against england. our number one side only just scraped home that last win. there is no point destablising the entire team and series on a whim to 'bring in the youth' and one very old and fat retired (from tests) cricketer. even if we do secure the series and win the ashes, we should not make the wholesale and ridiculous changes you propose. we should bring in 1 or 2 players, not the rest. just because we win the series it doesn't mean the other test matches are worth sacrificing to a poorly put together and structured side of young and old first class players. the way to introduce players and give them experience is by putting them in the top team, not replacing the top team completely. "For England to lose that Test Match - they are pathetic, the team that I have outlined will beat England comfortably." that is absolute BULLSHIT. your team win not win. a shock day of poor tactics cost england the test match and we only JUST won. you're side surely couldn't have done that. england are a good team.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Whoa that's a shock :\

So yeah, my plan still works, hussey to 4, Clarke to 5, then play an extra batsman (can Jaques play middle order?) or an extra bowler (tait, johnson, whatever) :p

T

Testpilot

Exphate said:
CLarke will stay in the team (for when watson returns) and jacques should come in to replace Martyn while Watson is injured.
Jacques is an opener, so thats not really a replacement for Martyn. Martyn's retirement may mean a permanent test spot for Clarke.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackDragon

HSC
Testpilot said:
Jacques is an opener, so thats not really a replacement for Martyn. Martyn's retirement may mean a permanent test spot for Clarke.
hmm, yes it will. and watson, when better, will most likely take damien's spot.

and i must say, it is quite sad this retirement. damien martyn has been one of the best performers in the australian team over the past four years and a real backbone of its personality. its not going to be quite the same without him.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
BlackDragon said:
it is bullshit to think that your team would win against england. our number one side only just scraped home that last win. there is no point destablising the entire team and series on a whim to 'bring in the youth' and one very old and fat retired (from tests) cricketer. even if we do secure the series and win the ashes, we should not make the wholesale and ridiculous changes you propose. we should bring in 1 or 2 players, not the rest. just because we win the series it doesn't mean the other test matches are worth sacrificing to a poorly put together and structured side of young and old first class players. the way to introduce players and give them experience is by putting them in the top team, not replacing the top team completely. "For England to lose that Test Match - they are pathetic, the team that I have outlined will beat England comfortably." that is absolute BULLSHIT. your team win not win. a shock day of poor tactics cost england the test match and we only JUST won. you're side surely couldn't have done that. england are a good team.
Australia shouldnt have even won that game - Thats how shit England is. England is playing is shit team with no Vaughan, Jones or Trescothick. The team that I put up could have easily cleaned them up.

England struggled in all their tour matches. But I wasnt being serious in the sense such a dramatic change should occur, rather just showing how shit England are. It is better to give youth players a chance when you have the oppurtinity - otherwise like what happened in the last ashes when a few experienced players dont perform - then you will struggle to find a replacement.

Poor tactic? = they are shit. lol. The game was poised for a draw, england batted shit in the second innings and bowled even worse in the second innings. they dropped a catch at a crucial stage.

England are a crap team. Just wait for the ODI series with NZ.

BlackDragon

HSC
england are a crap team, but second in the world and only 11 points behind australia? yeah that makes sense.

england are shit and "Australia shouldnt have even won that game"? well i don't know how a shit side could have put Australia in that position.

Australia couldn't easily clean them up in the second test ("Australia shouldnt have even won that game") but your second rate side could have easily cleaned them up? well that doesn't make sense.

well all those fine points make great sense.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
BlackDragon said:
england are a crap team, but second in the world and only 11 points behind australia? yeah that makes sense.

england are shit and "Australia shouldnt have even won that game"? well i don't know how a shit side could have put Australia in that position.

Australia couldn't easily clean them up in the second test ("Australia shouldnt have even won that game") but your second rate side could have easily cleaned them up? well that doesn't make sense.

well all those fine points make great sense.
It does make sense the selectors are fucked in the head. England are wat ranked just above Bangladesh in the ODIs? plsu they are not playing their best team.

BlackDragon

HSC
this is test cricket. not One Day Internationals.
i think the selectors would know better than you.

and i think you're fucked in the head.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
holy fuck man, martyn is such an under rated player, the pressure certainly added a great deal to his decision to retire. but i think its more dignified that he retired willingly (or not) rather than having to face the axe. dear me, aussie cricket is going to miss that guy, what a talent he had been.

should or should not, i doubt aust team will bring in 10 young players at once, i am guessing symonds and johnson will get a go.

again, what a fucken shock.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Just like that? Fucking hell.

Later Martyn, you've been good to us :(:(:(
Looks like Lillie finally cracked him :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
BlackDragon said:
this is test cricket. not One Day Internationals.
i think the selectors would know better than you.

and i think you're fucked in the head.
Yeah I mean the selectors did a spectacular job - bring in Hussey when he is 30..
Bring in Watson - when is has been heavily criticised by just about everyone.

bring these out of the blue moon selections - wat lewis, dorey?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
holy fuck man, martyn is such an under rated player, the pressure certainly added a great deal to his decision to retire. but i think its more dignified that he retired willingly (or not) rather than having to face the axe. dear me, aussie cricket is going to miss that guy, what a talent he had been.

should or should not, i doubt aust team will bring in 10 young players at once, i am guessing symonds and johnson will get a go.

again, what a fucken shock.
he should have played the perth test and then retired after. could have had a nice send off.

BlackDragon

HSC
HotShot said:
Yeah I mean the selectors did a spectacular job - bring in Hussey when he is 30..
Bring in Watson - when is has been heavily criticised by just about everyone.

bring these out of the blue moon selections - wat lewis, dorey?
oh shut the F!CK up.
yeah the selectors have done a real crap job considering we've been number one in the world for like 8 years! they brought in hussey when he merited being in the side. don't you think that experienced ex-professional australian cricketers would know better than you? no you just say "oh the australian selectors suck, our amazing success in cricket means nothing! i can do such a better job, look at my team!, they aren't blue moon selections! lets bring in a retired cricketer! we can beat england with this crap side!!, just ignore the fact that none of my arguements are making any sense!"

you think your selections aren't blue moon and stupid?! do you know anything about cricket?! at all?
i think you just like to think you're better than the selectors and that whatever you pick is the best in the world.

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
BlackDragon said:
oh shut the F!CK up.
yeah the selectors have done a real crap job considering we've been number one in the world for like 8 years! they brought in hussey when he merited being in the side. don't you think that experienced ex-professional australian cricketers would know better than you? no you just say "oh the australian selectors suck, our amazing success in cricket means nothing! i can do such a better job, look at my team!, they aren't blue moon selections! lets bring in a retired cricketer! we can beat england with this crap side!!, just ignore the fact that none of my arguements are making any sense!"

you think your selections aren't blue moon and stupid?! do you know anything about cricket?! at all?
i think you just like to think you're better than the selectors and that whatever you pick is the best in the world.
Oh yeah our domestic success had nothing to do - with our brilliant, youth program, our no.1 ranked domestic competition, and the fact that our players have some raw talent.

I mean we have no.1 ranked leg spinner, the no.1 current ranked seam bowler, the fastest bowler currently playing (though shoaib might be quicker and looks like he will play again.?), the no.1 currently ranked batsman, we had the no.1 ODI player before for some odd reason he was kicked out before Lehmann and then went to score the most runs on consecutive season in the domestic league

By the way i am not saying the selector are shit or anything, though they have made some shit decisions over time , just like anyone else - I am more pointing out how SHIT England are. They are crap at everything, soccer, tennis, rugby, swimming, athletics, hockey etc.

But my team will kick England's ass anyway- England cant even bowl out WA?

BlackDragon

HSC
HotShot said:
They are crap at everything, soccer, tennis, rugby, swimming, athletics, hockey etc. [/b]
I see...
I am just going to stop saying anything to you. You obviously can't be reasoned with in this cricket thread of ours.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
BlackDragon said:
I see...
I am just going to stop saying anything to you. You obviously can't be reasoned with in this cricket thread of ours.
POMMIES suck at everything unfortunately - AT CRICKET too.

they were luck to win the last ashes series -with Mcgrath injured and warney dropping so many catches. Gillespie just seem to be in his own world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)