• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ashes to Ashes (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
clarke and hussey can chip in a few overs in adelaide with their part time spins, i have no problem playing the same team as we did in the first test, everyone played well. putting tait and johnson in the squad ahead of macguill is a joke, what are they thinking.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
sydneyswansfan said:
does anyone actually think brett lee should be dropped?? What a joke. next they'll be picking lehmann... jj.
Lee might not perform - but he does boost the morale of the aussie team with his efforts and determination. His batting is invaluable and his bowling isnt too bad. He did pick of KP and AF.

Lehmann doesnt matter what he says whether he wants to retire or nor he is still playing just force him into the team.

Yeah i dont what happened to Hodge kinda disappeared...

BlackDragon

HSC
notes from the first session:

1. flat, boring pitch - bad
2. england won toss - bad.
3. awesome spell by warne. unfortunate not to get wicket.
4. clarke - good. but a bit lucky. pitch is flat.
5. england not scoring well for such a good pitch.

this is the kind of pitch where you have long partnerships. its probably going to be fruitless for our bowlers so we need to get lucky. we need to get on top early.

also, mcgrath might have issue - v. bad.
we need to break into england's middle order soon.

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
what a shit day for australia. we better get 7 wickets tomorrow morning and then rack up 600 again.

BlackDragon

HSC
it was pretty boring today. but if we get 3 or 4 wickets in a session tomorrow it'll allllllllll change.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
mhmm. hopefully we'll get wickets! :D

god. i want to see brett lee SHATTER SOMEONES DAMN STUMPS! :(
haven't seen that in agessssss.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
BlackDragon said:
it was pretty boring today. but if we get 3 or 4 wickets in a session tomorrow it'll allllllllll change.
Collingwood and Pieterson look pretty set, though anything can happen at start of day, I guess. Collingwood for his century, he certainly deserves it, he's been damn well solid. Pieterson's always a joy to watch.

And as for Belly, he needs more confidence and experience under his belt, with that he's going to become a fine batsman for England. What a fucking snore it was watching him today, though.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
far out man, the pitch had nothing to offer, the batsman can have a cup of tea before they decide what to do and still hit a boundary. what a shit toss to lose, at this rate, i think this test is going to end in a draw - unless something changes dramatically.

BlackDragon

HSC
yes, lets pray for a draw. i don't think we can win it unless something really changes in this session (i.e. we get 3 - 4 wickets) or the next.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Collingwood out last ball of the session!

Congratulations to him on the double century, what a performance, to come out on the home turf of the best team in the world and produce that.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Righto england 6/503, wondering if they'll declare and let australia bat for a few overs.

Starting to see some reverse swing in there too.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
the way england is playing it, they are asking for a draw as well. they batted for 2 days for 500 odd runs, which is basically standing at the crease and swing your arms a bit every now and then. australia is gonna take their sweet time having some batting practice, because at the moment, a draw is a win for the aussies.

BlackDragon

HSC
lets just pray we don't lose early wickets or collapse. and let us also pray that england bat into the morrow. it'll be a good waste of time and give our team the night to rest.

rockandorroll

HSC
Yeah they declared and yes they picked up langer. Now is the part where england will regret not picking panaser.
Also the way he is going, i think brett lee will be dumped later in the series.I think after todays bowling effort, watson and macgill will be needed sooner rather than later.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
BlackDragon said:
yes well the boring, no help, batsmen's paradise pitch was his best friend..
Off you go then, and do better against the best bowling attack in the world in their country.

BlackDragon

HSC
i'm just saying the pitch greatly advantaged him. i didn't EVER say he didn't do v. well.
learn to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)