Assessment Overload (1 Viewer)

Bekarzi

HSC
Hi

is anyone else dying under the workload for first year uni? I have 13 assignments due across 8 weeks

:bomb:

...how is it even possible? :(

emmcyclopedia

HSC
That's like 2 a week on average right? That's manageable isn't it?

I'm not doing an arts degree, and the only assessments I have are lab reports, online quizzes or actual exams. But seriously - I think this is relevant to any degree - give yourself a set routine, and stick to it. Have deadlines for completing different components of an assessment, and keep up-to-date with lectures and summary notes.

When you find you're falling behind, knuckle down and work until you're a little further ahead.

And most importantly, give yourself time away. Even full-time uni doesn't take up all your time, so try and give yourself a block of a couple of hours on the weekend to go for a walk, catch up with friends, or do something that makes you feel human again =)

... on that note, I'm heading to the beach =P

Bekarzi

HSC
Coming from high school and getting 2 weeks to work on an assessment, 2 per week is a lot O_O but I see that a schedule could help me, thank you :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It's Arts, your assignments can't be that hard. Just make sure you do as much as you can right now.

jackydoll

HSC
For me, I write to do lists for all the homework/assessments that I have to do and I tick off each task with glee :D

I'm doing a Fine Art degree with 3 practical courses and a theory course each semester. I have to keep a research journal for each of my pracs and have to make an effort to add information to it while attending every class. For the theory, I just write essays and do a oral presentation of a visual analysis.

Bekarzi

HSC
Psychology and Sociology (my majors) are giving me those most trouble.

I really hate Psychology :\ but I don't know how to drop it now though without messing a lot up...

I'm also doing Creative arts and Community Welfare/Human Services, which are fairly easy...

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Ergh. I am interested in psych but the maths involved scares me a bit.
I want to do Soc Sc/Law with a Gender Studies major in Soc Sc. Please don't laugh :)

Maybe you could count your psych courses as electives and change one of the other two to your major?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
dude thats nothing. in the next 8 weeks i have more than 30.

not.even.joking.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
3 language subjects + politics and linguistics, yes i am stupid enough to take 50 units

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Tim is the only person to have ever taken 50 units!
What poli are you doing man? And what ling even? :D

HSC
Uni Grad
Eugh, didn't start anything today and I really should have but inherent lazy traits are rather intense :(

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
ling 1111 - which is no longer super easy.

and POLI2020.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i was enrolled in 60 but i decided i wanted fridays off plus language is a bitch, If you want to get the most out of your arts degree do a language if you want to cruise through don't do it. ever.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ling 1111 - which is no longer super easy.

and POLI2020.
Aww, I did poli2020. Piece of piss! Is it still John Tate and umm, Stephen Gold-something? < That dude is a legend. I see him at Cambo gigs frequently.

I would've done ling1111 (think they've changed the no. though). Why is it hard? :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)