"Assessment Rank Order from 13 November" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
icelillies said:
Thanks :) But will that person ever find out? - what they don't know wont hurt 'em ;) ... right?
It shouldn't hurt them...

Unless they look theirs up too, haha.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Pastelblue said:
Anyway, just wondering, I was the only person in my school who done a subject and obviously, was ranked 1st. But do I get ranked 1st or ranked last?
Both. Your moderated assessment mark will be set equal to your examination mark. Since you are a class of one, your entire course result comes down to the final exam. Your unmoderated school assessment mark has no value, other than signifying that you completed the required assessment program.

xJennax

HSC
Grr I was fronted with an unpleasant shock by checking my rankings. I got an award on presentation day at school that says I came 1st in Multimedia and now I find out I actually came 2nd grrrrrrrr.

Zarafaraway

HSC
wootywadwad said:
Is it possible my report at graduation was just my Semester 2 rankings and the rankings on this site are for the whole of the year?
yaha
my school refuses to give out final ranks and estimates because they find them unhelpful...i.e stresses people out and encourages competition (which is already rampant)
thus i would have pretty much no idea whether my ranks were right or not - just a vague feeling if they were like 40 places below what i expected...
grrr
so yeah....urs probs would have some discrepancies if that was the case

HSC
Ancient: 2/41
Adv. English: 10/183 (this might seem bad, but look at the cohort size. I still wish I didn't lose marks for handwriting)
Ext. Eng: 1/30
Legal: 1/22
Modern: 6/31
Studies of Religion: 1/52

My school ranks 182.

I'm a little disappointed with modern and english, but the gap is pretty small for all of them.

fleck27

HSC
Business Studies 5 / 35
English (Advanced) 15 / 89
Legal Studies 1 / 9
General Mathematics 13 / 54
Modern History 3 / 15

lev19

HSC
so if you get ranked first in every subject but then dont do brilliantly in the exams (say band 5's) can you still get a uai of over 95??

iEdd

HSC
No idea. Depends how dumb/smart the person that came first in the exam is.

lev19

HSC
iEdd said:
No idea. Depends how dumb/smart the person that came first in the exam is.
is that cause you get their mark because of the rank?

iEdd

HSC
Yep. If you are first, you get the aligned exam mark of the person that came first in the exam as your assessment mark.

lev19

HSC
iEdd said:
Yep. If you are first, you get the aligned exam mark of the person that came first in the exam as your assessment mark.
oh yeah ok thanks. so these were the subjects:
geography - 1st
drama - 1st
adv english - 7th
society and culture - 1st
legal studies - 1st
modern history - 1st
12 units

and then in the exam there were maybe 2 that will not be brilliant..but the ranks might still let me get over 95 if my school is ranked reasonablly well and the ppl who beat me do well...?

runnable

HSC
lev19 said:
oh yeah ok thanks. so these were the subjects:
geography - 1st
drama - 1st
adv english - 7th
society and culture - 1st
legal studies - 1st
modern history - 1st
12 units

and then in the exam there were maybe 2 that will not be brilliant..but the ranks might still let me get over 95 if my school is ranked reasonablly well and the ppl who beat me do well...?
Whats the rank of your school? And note that Eng will count regardless and those arent exactly the strongest subjects..

lev19

HSC
yeh i know. the reason 95 is the goal is coz thers a scholarship im shortlisted for that requires that uai. so i hope i did better than i think! i think the rank of my school is 107th?

Last edited:

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
32/102 in maths.. you'll easy get 85 Black Hawker, goodluck with the results

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lev19 said:
yeh i know. the reason 95 is the goal is coz thers a scholarship im shortlisted for that requires that uai. so i hope i did better than i think! i think the rank of my school is 107th?
Remember that the rank of your school last year has no bearing on your results or UAI.

That was last year's rank and the schools are all re-ranked again this year based on this year's results.

That rank is an indication of the quality of the school but it could vary this year - up or down depending on how good your cohort is and how good the other schools are as well.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Harkaraj said:
32/102 in maths.. you'll easy get 85 Black Hawker, goodluck with the results
If he is ranked that high in a Selective High School, he should get Band 6. I mean, school like mine has got 20+ Band 6s even though my school is quite strong at Mathematics.

iEdd

HSC
My school is ranked about 200th and last year most of the maths accelerants (including myself) and what were the *real* year 12s achieved a total of 23 band sixes (about 60 did maths). If a public school can have a third of the students get band 6, then a selective school should be able to.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
iEdd said:
My school is ranked about 200th and last year most of the maths accelerants (including myself) and what were the *real* year 12s achieved a total of 23 band sixes (about 60 did maths). If a public school can have a third of the students get band 6, then a selective school should be able to.
Wow, that's an amazing result. 23 band sixes out of 60 is really awesome for school ranked 200th.

Mine is ranked 101st and we have like the same results in regards to maths.

But my school is stronger in 3 unit and 4 unit maths because we had 50% of 4 unit students getting top band)

dp624

HSC
I'm a bit peeved at my school, it sends in heaps and heaps of equal ranks.
Examples -> 5 =1st in MX1
4 =2nd in MX2
6=3rd in Chem
15 =6th in Eng
5 =2nd in phys
etcetera. It gets even worse when you get to the average range (e.g. probably 20+ =30th or something).
In this case the median mark is used right? Is there any reason they would do this?

oh, and my ranks:
1st in MX1
5th in MX2
2nd in Phys
3rd in Chem
20th in eng (gayyyyy)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
I'm a bit peeved at my school, it sends in heaps and heaps of equal ranks.
Examples -> 5 =1st in MX1
4 =2nd in MX2
6=3rd in Chem
15 =6th in Eng
5 =2nd in phys
etcetera. It gets even worse when you get to the average range (e.g. probably 20+ =30th or something).
In this case the median mark is used right? Is there any reason they would do this?

oh, and my ranks:
1st in MX1
5th in MX2
2nd in Phys
3rd in Chem
20th in eng (gayyyyy)
wow, your ranks are awesome.

You should come like top 5 in the state for mx1 quite easily given your school's history. Same with Physics but not sure about Chem or MX2 though.

Don't worry about English. I am sure you will get Band 6. Then you will be on your way for 99.90+ UAI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)