Assessments for yr 12 (1 Viewer)

emmo

hey i got my first maths assessment this term coming up on measurement.... i'm not looking forward to it

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
My school is one for giving extremely hard tests, but that doesn't mean girls can't get 100%. There have been numerous occasions where I have recieved 100% and in others between 90% and 100% and at all times the tests have been very hard. I got these marks because I actually studied my arse off. I work off 4 different texts books and also have 3 past papers books. If you do the work you're going to get 100%.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
i had my first assesment task we havent got them back but our teacher said the people who has just come down from 2 unit barely passed :cold::(
that happened in our year. a whole bunch of us dropped from 2 unit to general and most of them thought it would be a piece of cake, and they didnt need to do any work and stuf and ended up doing really poorly. only a few of us realised it would only be easy if we kept up to date with it all. i think its a pretty common trap.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I dropped from 2U and l had to catch up on all the work that they did when l was in 2U plus the work they were doing at the time. I found it really easy.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
My school is one for giving extremely hard tests, but that doesn't mean girls can't get 100%. There have been numerous occasions where I have recieved 100% and in others between 90% and 100% and at all times the tests have been very hard. I got these marks because I actually studied my arse off. I work off 4 different texts books and also have 3 past papers books. If you do the work you're going to get 100%.
exactly my point
i worked my arse off and i got 95%. now my aim is 100%
:)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Ren
same, most of the work i had done in year 9 and 10 advanced maths, so there was just a bit that i had to catch up on, plus remembering how to do it again.
yeah, but l only did Intermediate Maths for year 9 and 10.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
i found it easy. I got above 80% last year. Right now l don't find it easy.

The thing that l found easy wasn't the work itself, but catching up, doing two things at once and still getting higher marks than the rest of the class.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
i found it easy. I got above 80% last year. Right now l don't find it easy.

The thing that l found easy wasn't the work itself, but catching up, doing two things at once and still getting higher marks than the rest of the class.
isnt your class aware of the scaling? some people

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I hate how people look down on me coz I'm doing Gen maths, and they tell me how easy it is. Firstly, no subject is damn easy. You have to work hard in every subject. I ended up topping maths in prelim, and some people were saying how simple that was, but it wasn't easy at all!! I worked harder than anyone else all year, and I practically dedicated the three terms to going really well in maths. I just hate how people generalise.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
I hate how people look down on me coz I'm doing Gen maths, and they tell me how easy it is. Firstly, no subject is damn easy. You have to work hard in every subject. I ended up topping maths in prelim, and some people were saying how simple that was, but it wasn't easy at all!! I worked harder than anyone else all year, and I practically dedicated the three terms to going really well in maths. I just hate how people generalise.
I just laugh at them and let my marks reflect my capability. i hate people like that though

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
hey i think u guys are lucky... we have an assignment to do for math.. we didnt have a test

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
iohhh... so whats the point in doing them if they dont get assessed?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
well "assignments" at my school are defined as take home questions. If it's a take-home maths test then everyone will get 100%. So the teachers figure that they give these assignments to practice, and then they give exams at school as assessment tasks.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ohhh thats a good idea.. but ummm do u think u can all get 100% all the time?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Sometimes if were behind in class our teacher gives us the chapter to do at home over the holidays or something and if we have trouble we just email him - he's only gotten us to do this once....l rekon the 2U class should do that more iften at our school..they were behind by about 3 chapters.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
ohhh thats a good idea.. but ummm do u think u can all get 100% all the time?
Yep it's possible, and I'm going to try so hard this year to get 100 in my HSC Gen maths exam. I got 96 in my first assessment for the hsc, so just gotta keep working harder!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)