Asylum seeker debacle (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
If this continues on for another year approximately (until Labor loses the election) then that is a lot of people. These asylum seekers have large families and tend to have multiple children. Compound this over a 100 years and with their large birthing culture and it starts to become a significant number.
If we can push up our population enough we should win more olympic medals though.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If this continues on for another year approximately (until Labor loses the election) then that is a lot of people. These asylum seekers have large families and tend to have multiple children. Compound this over a 100 years and with their large birthing culture and it starts to become a significant number.
Even if a boatload of 211 arrived every day for a year you would still only increase the population by <1%

And who cares if they have big families, isn't that what we want? Once tgey are here they become 'strayan so the kids are just as aussie as you. Our current fertility rate doesn't even meet the replacement rate (I think? It might be marginally over it now but only just).

inJust

HSC
The ignorance in this thread is crazy! I'm not sure if some of you a trolling or not seriously.... I'm disgusted.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
If we can push up our population enough we should win more olympic medals though.
Your argument is stupid, although for the purpose of it I will entertain you:

At the current 2012 London Olympic games so far
- Afghanistan has won a single Bronze medal
- Iraq has won no medals
- Sri Lanka has won no medals

So it is highly unlikely any of these illegal asylum boats will possess Olympic quality sporting talents.

inJust

HSC

- Iraq has won no medals

So it is highly unlikely any of these illegal asylum boats will possess Olympic quality sporting talents.
Are you from the North Shore? Or the Shire?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Are you from the North Shore? Or the Shire?
It is irrelevant whether I am even from Sydney, Hobart, Darwin, Melbourne or Brisbane etc, it is a national issue.

No, I am not from the shire etc...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

- Iraq has won no medals

Somehow I think I'd you were in a war torn country you might be worrying more about not getting killed than Olympic glory you fool

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Somehow I think I'd you were in a war torn country you might be worrying more about not getting killed than Olympic glory
I also thought the argument was stupid.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also Soloooo it seems to me you don't care about the fact that they are arriving but more that the ones that are are "different" me thinks if boatloads of people from Israel turned up you wouldn't give two hoots

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Also Soloooo it seems to me you don't care about the fact that they are arriving but more that the ones that are are "different" me thinks if boatloads of people from Israel turned up you wouldn't give two hoots
No, I just think everyone should go through the proper immigration channels. These are not real refugees; they are economic refugees. If they were real refugees they could demand asylum in Indonesia. They (or the ones still intent on coming too Australia anyway) don't do that. There is nothing in the refugee convention that says refugees have the right to pass through safe signatory countries in a bid to get to a better perceived/more wealthier countries of their choice (Australia).

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No, I just think everyone should go through the proper immigration channels. These are not real refugees; they are economic refugees. If they were real refugees they could demand asylum in Indonesia. They (or the ones still intent on coming too Australia anyway) don't do that. There is nothing in the refugee convention that says refugees have the right to pass through safe signatory countries in a bid to get to a better perceived/more wealthier countries of their choice (Australia).
If that's your view then why make the argument about them having lots of babies, wouldn't that happen if they came through the right channels anyway?

My view is that I think given the dangers we should do everything possible (that is still humane) to try stop people getting on boats in the first place - but - once/if they do well then there's no point not treating then fairly and humanely once they get here.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also Indonesia isn't a signatory to the convention so they can't "demand" anything there.

esu_chan

HSC
Personally I think that if these 'asylum seekers' are willing to fork out thousands of dollars to board these rickety boats, then they should certainly have the money to go and organise the proper papers such as the required forms, ID, etc, that everyone else fills in when they immigrate to Australia.

They're not asylum seekers at all. They're illegal immigrants and they're using their 'war stricken' excuse to sponge money off our government, as well as invade our culture.

inJust

HSC
Would you ask your government who's run by the taliban to issue you a passport?

Secondly, would you think they would bother? Most likely, you'd be shot for wasting their time...

Thirdly, if it was that easy, why wouldn't they just take a plane and immigrate here? Why would they risk their lives on a boat?

Think about it right... would you risk your life on a boat if you COULD take a plane? lol... use your head guys.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I think that if these 'asylum seekers' are willing to fork out thousands of dollars to board these rickety boats, then they should certainly have the money to go and organise the proper papers such as the required forms, ID, etc, that everyone else fills in when they immigrate to Australia.

They're not asylum seekers at all. They're illegal immigrants and they're using their 'war stricken' excuse to sponge money off our government, as well as invade our culture.
what culture

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Thirdly, if it was that easy, why wouldn't they just take a plane and immigrate here? Why would they risk their lives on a boat?

Think about it right... would you risk your life on a boat if you COULD take a plane? lol... use your head guys.
Most of them ARE taking a plane to Indonesia, which does require a passport. They are then destroying their documents once they arrive in Indonesia and getting onto a boat to come to Australia claiming they have no documents.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC

How is living in a war stricken country an "excuse". It would be interesting to see how long you'd last in a war torn country before trying to flee.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Most of them ARE taking a plane to Indonesia, which does require a passport. They are then destroying their documents once they arrive in Indonesia and getting onto a boat to come to Australia claiming they have no documents.
Where is your evidence for this?

Edit: PS Andrew bolt isn't a source

Last edited:

jackerino

HSC
He shouldn't have said 'muslims', he should have said 'Islamic terrorists' (of which only an incredibly small amount would be anyway).
Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt it say in the Quran that all muslims must KILL ANYONE WHO DOESNT BELIEVE IN ALLAH!!!!! KILL ALL INFIDELS!!.

Now youve gotta be a true retard to say thats NOT terrorism! Goddamn. its in their RELIGION to kill us all. Now I do have many muslim friends and know that most of them are very nice here in aus, perhaps they ignore that part of the quran that says to kill me and others, which im grateful for, but im just saying that having such a command as "Killing all infidels" scares me a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)