At what stage does someone become your boyfriend/girlfriend? (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
MedNez said:
When you mutually agree that you're together (rather than just some kiss that doesn't lead to anything)
either that or its not something you can easily define. If we are going to base it on things like first kiss, first romp etc then i can lay claim to a handful more girlfriends. If its about a current relationship and you want to put a date on when you first got togther for aniversary purposes, just go with first kiss.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
*cries*
i steped into the wrong topic, right at the heart of my breakup...
very comforting.. not! lol
but that was totally cute! i wish i had that right now, but its totally opposite... :(
haha awesome. I guess sex is everything huh? or atleast its something, and impotence = breakup.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
alby said:
true, but the whole "do you want to go out with me?" or "so, are we together?" doesnt always come up, yet you still stay with them for a decent amount of time
NO, NO, NO. Straight up until the this happens I will continue trying to fuck other women. Clarity is important people.

Redgoddess

HSC
you're not in a relationship if you've hooked up while drunk. this is just for fun. it may lead to the "so... you wanna do something sometime?" type conversation which may lead to relationships, but those kinda kisses definitely dont signify relationship. i've always had the discussion of "so are we going out now", cos i like to know where i stand with people. but that's just me. i'm with oddy nocki - clarity is important.

lukeskywilliams

HSC

frootloop

HSC
There definitely needs to be 'that talk'. You need to both agree that you're boyfriend and girlfriend.

You are not boyfriend and girlfriend after the first kiss or the second he/she asks you out. I would say that you should be girlfriend and boyfriend before the first 'romp' though. :p Until then you're just 'seeing each other'. Putting gf/bf labels on each other is a committment and there needs to be clarity in order to be able to do that.

imo of course

J

joesmith12345

joe_rulez37 said:
At the first date? First Kiss? First romp? I'm interested in other people's opinions...

after they have had sex.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
When you start calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend, particularly in front of other people.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
frootloop said:
There definitely needs to be 'that talk'. You need to both agree that you're boyfriend and girlfriend.

You are not boyfriend and girlfriend after the first kiss or the second he/she asks you out. I would say that you should be girlfriend and boyfriend before the first 'romp' though. :p Until then you're just 'seeing each other'. Putting gf/bf labels on each other is a committment and there needs to be clarity in order to be able to do that.

imo of course
in that case i (and probably MANY other people) would've never had a bf. imo 'the' talk doesnt need to happen, there's often an underlying agreement that you are together

Skeeta

HSC
i think it'd be when you believe its unnacceptable to be dating other people at the same time.

Unless you're a cheating barstard

T

Testpilot

joesmith12345 said:
after they have had sex.
That won't work. What about the people who don't believe in sex before marriage, they would never have a bf/gf then.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
if that's the case i've had like 25 bf's hahaha
if i counted every kiss i've had, i'd have a couple more bf's to add to the list.
of course, i (and most normal people) only count with the ones that you know you're going out with (underlying agreement), the first kiss is just an easy date to count from (espically when there's no other definitive moment, eg. 'those' talks)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Komaticom said:
Hm...
From that standpoint then this Italian uni acquaintance of mine would count every guy she meets and farewells as a bf, and every girl a gf.
She kisses everyone on the lips ... ?

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
After you like him, he likes you, or the other way around and when you've asked out/being asked out.

That point, well, and the first date, prolly defines it - well, if it goes well that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)