ATAR? (1 Viewer)

bobbywoo

HSC
Hey there I was just wondering what my atar would be
Would I need to ace externals to get a good atar??

I do
Physics, Maths advance, Legal studies, Engineering studies,English standard

I go to a rank 50 school in nsw

My ranks are
Physics: 44/55
Maths: 70/140
English: 30/151
Engineering studies: 16/26
Legal: 15/30

I think my school got somewhere around 300 band 6s in 2022

__samuelkim__

HSC
yo, go hsc ninja and find out how many b6s ur school gets for each subj so u can get a more accurate prediction. (type in hsc ninja atar calc -> then choose all ur subj -> then choose ur school at the top somwhere it will say) then let us know how many b6s for each of ur subj for the last few yrs.

bobbywoo

HSC
yo, go hsc ninja and find out how many b6s ur school gets for each subj so u can get a more accurate prediction. (type in hsc ninja atar calc -> then choose all ur subj -> then choose ur school at the top somwhere it will say) then let us know how many b6s for each of ur subj for the last few yrs.
Band 6 for my school (2022)

English std: 1
Physics: 18
Legal: 10
Engineering: 1
Maths: 50

bobbywoo

HSC
Band 6 for my school (2021)

English std: 0
Physics: 15
Legal: 9
Engineering: 2
Maths: 40

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, I am inclined to agree with __samuelkim__'s prediction. I believe that your performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid-80s range.

Your best-performing subjects appear to be English Standard, Mathematics Advanced and Legal Studies. You should therefore ensure that you prepare for these subjects' HSC exams to the best of your ability, which will hopefully allow you to maintain this standard and achieve favourable overall results, which will in turn maximise the contribution that they will make to your ATAR.

On the other hand, it seems that Physics and Engineering Studies are your lowest-performing subjects. This sets the focus and could indicate that you may need to allocate more time and put in more effort towards your preparations for the HSC exam of each subject, including addressing any areas of improvement accordingly. Consequently, you will be able to perform better in each subject, allowing you to achieve a favourable HSC mark in both subjects.

If your desired ATAR is within the range of our estimates, then performing at a similar level to your current performance in your HSC exams would increase your chances of achieving such an ATAR. However, if your ATAR goal exceeds this range, then it is likely that you will need to perform at a higher standard in your HSC exams to have the best chance of achieving your goal. The fact that your HSC exams contribute 50% of your overall HSC marks is reassuring since it means that your HSC exams constitute a great opportunity for you to considerably improve your overall performance.

I hope this helps! :D

bobbywoo

HSC
Given this information, I am inclined to agree with __samuelkim__'s prediction. I believe that your performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid-80s range.

Your best-performing subjects appear to be English Standard, Mathematics Advanced and Legal Studies. You should therefore ensure that you prepare for these subjects' HSC exams to the best of your ability, which will hopefully allow you to maintain this standard and achieve favourable overall results, which will in turn maximise the contribution that they will make to your ATAR.

On the other hand, it seems that Physics and Engineering Studies are your lowest-performing subjects. This sets the focus and could indicate that you may need to allocate more time and put in more effort towards your preparations for the HSC exam of each subject, including addressing any areas of improvement accordingly. Consequently, you will be able to perform better in each subject, allowing you to achieve a favourable HSC mark in both subjects.

If your desired ATAR is within the range of our estimates, then performing at a similar level to your current performance in your HSC exams would increase your chances of achieving such an ATAR. However, if your ATAR goal exceeds this range, then it is likely that you will need to perform at a higher standard in your HSC exams to have the best chance of achieving your goal. The fact that your HSC exams contribute 50% of your overall HSC marks is reassuring since it means that your HSC exams constitute a great opportunity for you to considerably improve your overall performance.

Thanks for letting me know I was just wondering though If i were to smash the hsc externals would that raise my atar?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Thanks for letting me know I was just wondering though If i were to smash the hsc externals would that raise my atar?
definitely - really aim to get on top of everything in these next six weeks
take a break after trials because you deserve it and then get into a solid rhythm (that's my plan at least)

bobbywoo

HSC
definitely - really aim to get on top of everything in these next six weeks
take a break after trials because you deserve it and then get into a solid rhythm (that's my plan at least)
Thanks! I was just curious tho am I able to get a band 5 in english standard? Heard its pretty hard to do well

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Thanks! I was just curious tho am I able to get a band 5 in english standard? Heard its pretty hard to do well
no clue tbh, i do advanced and im not really having the best time with it -- somebody like jimmy can probably help more explaining it

bobbywoo

HSC
no clue tbh, i do advanced and im not really having the best time with it -- somebody like jimmy can probably help more explaining it
Oh ok but would you know anything about advance maths? About getting a band 5/6

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Oh ok but would you know anything about advance maths? About getting a band 5/6
um, i did advanced math last year and i can tell you that the more questions you, and the more questions you see, the better you will do. if you have topics that you arent familiar with or need to work on (like maybe make a list in the math thread and see if people can help), go over them. do as many papers as you can and eventually you'll realise that 90% of hsc papers are almost always the same - then you have some harder stimulus based questions that make you think a bit more

tldr; brush up on weak topics and get help on them, and absolutely crunch through papers and questions
or do a paper first to see what your weak topics are then crunch
or better yet wait for your trial marks to see what your teachers say idrk just do practice practice practice

bobbywoo

HSC

Do you know how well I need to perform to get atleast a band 5 in english standard?

bobbywoo

HSC
well, technically band 5 is 80% all up but I assume that isn't what you mean...???
I would just want to know what ranking I would need to be in school and for the hsc so that I can get atleast 80 or above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)