Atheism - Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

lolokay

HSC

But, what would be used to describe a person who "actively disbelieves" as opposed to an "athiest" which is a person who simply does not believe? Is there a proper term for that?

It is quite confusing as roughly half of the definitions of "athiest" describe it as actively disbelieving (not in those words exaclty but to that effect), the other half describing it as you say, merely an absence of belief.

And say we call active disbelief, "nogodism", that would mean that all "nogodists" are athiests, but not all athiests are "nogodists", right?
see: strong vs. weak atheism

HSC
N/A
Uh... I used to play games like you described alot. And by alot I mean 10 hours average a day...

And I never experienced skitzophrenic symptoms like you describe. Nor do I know any gamer that does, has or ever will.

Please provide decent arguments, or get a new one.
The evidence is on the previous page, SnowFox admitted he heard a voice calling him..

micuzzo

HSC
Am I the first person to say this? Once again, your argument is fallacious because you assume one of either 2 things:
a) God is the ONLY religious/spiritual/omnipotent being in the Universe.
b) That God exists completely and utterly.

It seems like you cannot even try to believe, just for a second, that God might not exist. Yes, you believe that he does, but isn't there the slightest possibility that he did not fuel the beginnings of the Universe, and the consequent invention of life?

You may think that now, I am trying to impress my "atheist" beliefs upon you, but the fact is, I went to a Christian school, and I was born and raised a Christian. I have even received all the sacraments.

Except unlike you, I am able to realise that he might not be there in the end. We can argue and argue over this point, but it is not what I truly wanted to say.

As a Christian, we are taught to accept others for who they are, regardless of their beliefs yet you seem to ignore this every step of the way. Instead, if one does not hold the same beliefs as you, you immediately label them as selfish and suddenly dismiss them. You use God and His rules as a tool to enable your own condescension. Immediately, you feel you are better than us, because we seem to self-glorify, and participate in hedonistic activities.

This is what I don't understand. You seem so focussed on contending that "God is the ultimate goal" and that His morals are the only ones which we should be following. You cannot honestly sit there all day and feel that you are doing the "right" thing by judging us and our ways, because that would be contradictory to the entire foundations of "love thy neighbour".

But alas, we are bound forever to disagree, because you feel that upholding your faith every second is the "right" thing to do. And so I will no longer argue. This is the last post I will make in this thread.
what do ppl on this site mean when they say Christian... My understanding of someone saying 'im Christian' is that they are of the evangelical/pentacostal denomination.... but anyways religion is just a bunch of rules... Salvation is totally different... its through Jesus one can be saved... this is all clearly written in the Bible yet i dont understand why so many religions calling themselves Christian have remodeled this...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
No but making an assertion for which there is no evidence is a belief. Belief is characterised by faith.

There is no cold, hard, definate evidence that there is no God, therefore believing that there is no God is a belief.

(This wouldn't apply to you as it would an athiest, being agnostic).
oh okay, that's reasonable.

HSC
N/A
Salvation is totally different... its through Jesus one can be saved... this is all clearly written in the Bible yet i dont understand why so many religions calling themselves Christian have remodeled this...
Right on brother, only those who have feasted on the Flesh and Blood of Christ can be Saved. We Will be raptured up come judgement day, it is Gods Will.

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Right on brother, only those who have feasted on the Flesh and Blood of Christ can be Saved. Will be raptured up come judgement day, and those who did not punish their slaves, oxen and women will face hell.
Mate you're a joke. Looking at your previous posts, one can conclude that you possess a very "anti-religious" thinking. Noone changes that much.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
what do ppl on this site mean when they say Christian... My understanding of someone saying 'im Christian' is that they are of the evangelical/pentacostal denomination.... but anyways religion is just a bunch of rules... Salvation is totally different... its through Jesus one can be saved... this is all clearly written in the Bible yet i dont understand why so many religions calling themselves Christian have remodeled this...
Mate, a bunch of rubbish is written in the bible. In the words of ComingUpForAir himself:
The christian bible was written by a dirty bronze aged cult hundreds of years ago, it is one of the many cult manuals in existence, and is largely plagiarized from previous cult manuals, it is a failed attempt at history, science and ethics,
it's exactly what we'd expect from a mentally and physically impoverished middle eastern peoples.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Haha... That has thrown the entire thread off...

Everyone's just sitting there like "Wtf? Is that dude serious?"

HSC
N/A
The christian bible was written by a dirty bronze aged cult hundreds of years ago, it is one of the many cult manuals in existence, and is largely plagiarized from previous cult manuals, it is a failed attempt at history, science and ethics,
it's exactly what we'd expect from a mentally and physically impoverished middle eastern peoples.
I meant to say this is actually the first time you've posted something worth reading. None of that athiest wish-wash, just up-front, honesty.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Comingupforair neg repped me (fail I may add) for my comment:

Take a joke?

Fail.
Calling me a 'thick one'...

Wtf dude. That makes no sense whatsoever. He was making a joke... You're the thick one failtroll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)