Athiests have the highest IQ (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Idiot, did you even fucking read the study? Shit, did you even read what you posted?

This study looked at how religiosity ("..involved beliefs, frequency of church attendance and/or prayer, or participation/membership in religious organizations") and intelligence were related. The findings of this study showed that the more intelligent a protestant christian was the less strongly religious they were, with and opposite or non-significant relationship for jews and catholics.

This study did not look at muslims, does not provide a relationship between intelligence and religiosity for muslims and does not refute the empirical fact of muslims having lower average IQ than non-muslims.

#rekt af
hahaha shit u didn't rek anything, u *completely* missed the point

Firstly, u need to educate urself on what a meta-analysis actually is, it's not just one study nor does it simply look at one population or religious group. Muslims were included in the "others" category. The study itself claims that IQ tests are heavily skewed towards Western participants and therefore do not necessarily provide valid results on non-Western cultures and religions.

Secondly, my point was that the study shows a strong correlation between lower IQs and how strictly religious someone is. That doesn't distinguish between religions and controlling for other factors protestants in the US were the ONLY group to have an independent correlation between religiosity and lower IQ.

Even so, the meta analysis doesn't actually account for causation and the role of IQ as a measure of intelligence is heavily debated

And lol talking about empirical fact without posting any facts r u for real ahahaha

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hahaha shit u didn't rek anything, u *completely* missed the point
No, I didn't miss the point because this study has absolutely nothing to do with the post it was responding to and your reply didn't show otherwise.

Firstly, u need to educate urself on what a meta-analysis actually is, it's not just one study nor does it simply look at one population or religious group.
Didn't do anything that suggests I thought this was single study.

I obviously realized it didnt look at one religious group when I literally mentioned three of the min my post.

The study itself claims that IQ tests are heavily skewed towards Western participants and therefore do not necessarily provide valid results on non-Western cultures and religions.
Yes, it claims that and doesn't offer any proof for it. The fact that the highest national average IQ scores are achieved in non-western countries (North-East Asian countries) should really show you how weak that argument is.

That doesn't distinguish between religions and controlling for other factors protestants in the US were the ONLY group to have an independent correlation between religiosity and lower IQ.
yeah? So what?

What does this have to do with muslims being smarter/dumber?

And lol talking about empirical fact without posting any facts r u for real ahahaha
Heaven forbid anybody learns how to use google for themselves

http://donalditempler.com/assets/templer_8.pdf

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
No, I didn't miss the point because this study has absolutely nothing to do with the post it was responding to and your reply didn't show otherwise.

Didn't do anything that suggests I thought this was single study.

I obviously realized it didnt look at one religious group when I literally mentioned three of the min my post.

Yes, it claims that and doesn't offer any proof for it. The fact that the highest national average IQ scores are achieved in non-western countries (North-East Asian countries) should really show you how weak that argument is.

yeah? So what?

What does this have to do with muslims being smarter/dumber?

Heaven forbid anybody learns how to use google for themselves

http://donalditempler.com/assets/templer_8.pdf
It actually had everything to do with the topic of the thread. Please learn to read.

Muslims *are* in the study, they are simply included in "others"

It doesn't need proof because it is literally a fact that IQ tests are skewed in favour of Western societies, it doesn't need to provide proof because that was a legitimate option for excluding that from the meta-analysis.

We've argued about why IQ as a measure of intelligence is tenuous at best in at least half a dozen other threads, im not gonna be bogged down in another one of those

http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb03/intelligence.aspx

lol templer hahaha a modern day eugenicist who is lambasted by practically every other psychologist out there as a complete joke, that is a horrible source that is by no means legitimate

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
It actually had everything to do with the topic of the thread. Please learn to read.
Then why the fuck did you post it in reply to my post

It doesn't need proof because it is literally a fact that IQ tests are skewed in favour of Western societies,
Hahahah "doesn't need proof" gtfo

lol templer hahaha a modern day eugenicist who is lambasted by practically every other psychologist out there as a complete joke, that is a horrible source that is by no means legitimate
ah yes another muslim ad hominem

show how his figures are wrong or stfu

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
My claims don't need proof but scientific proof that disagrees with me is wrong

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
People of different cultures think so differently that its impossible to measure their intelligence in an equal manner, but these enormous cultural differences conveniently have absolutely nothing to do with differences in racial achievement

If you aren't "intelligent by western standards" then chances are you're not going to go very well economically at life. If you want to compose some bullshit test that shows that all race are equally smart in their own ways, you can't then turn around and say that this proves that intelligence has nothing to do with racial economic differences, which is precisely the motive behind such concepts

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Then why the fuck did you post it in reply to my post

Hahahah "doesn't need proof" gtfo

ah yes another muslim ad hominem

show how his figures are wrong or stfu
"doesn't need proof"

if you bothered to read i provided an article that has plenty of proof for u, convenient how u ignored it hahahaha

it's not an ad hominem but ok if you want to quote so-called experts who NO ONE in the scientific community takes seriously and is literally a modern day eugenicist then honestly there is no bothering with you

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
if you bothered to read i provided an article that has plenty of proof for u, convenient how u ignored it hahahaha
That's not proof. Experts saying X is not proof. You need studies that prove it.

it's not an ad hominem but ok if you want to quote so-called experts who NO ONE in the scientific community takes seriously and is literally a modern day eugenicist then honestly there is no bothering with you
Are you disputing the IQ values quoted in the article? Look them up yourself and show me where muslims don't have lower IQs. It's okay, I'll wait.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
That's not proof. Experts saying X is not proof. You need studies that prove it.

Are you disputing the IQ values quoted in the article? Look them up yourself and show me where muslims don't have lower IQs. It's okay, I'll wait.
itt: SylviaB claims that scientific experts cannot comment on their area of expertise

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
How would one even measure IQ accurately, i've gotten anywhere between 120- 140ish doing some well known tests. Some people guess answers correctly when they don't actually know the answer.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
and no i'm not gonna read the Templer paper because no one takes the guy seriously, he is a modern day eugenicist and a known racist. He has very little credibility in the scientific community and among fellow psychologists.

That paper was also not peer reviewed *anywhere* except Mankind Quarterly

"During the "Bell Curve wars" of the 1990s, the journal received attention when opponents of The Bell Curve publicized the fact that some of the works cited by Bell Curve authors Herrnstein and Murray had first been published in Mankind Quarterly.[13] In the New York Review of Books, Charles Lane referred to The Bell Curve's "tainted sources," noting that seventeen researchers cited in the book's bibliography had contributed articles to, and ten of these seventeen had also been editors of, Mankind Quarterly, "a notorious journal of 'racial history' founded, and funded, by men who believe in the genetic superiority of the white race."[14] The journal stands by its tradition of publishing hereditarian perspective articles to this day, stating that "...this science has stood the test of time, and MQ is still prepared to publish controversial findings and theories".[15] Pearson received over a million dollars in grants from the Pioneer Fund in the eighties and the nineties"

"It has been called a "cornerstone of the scientific racism establishment" and a "white supremacist journal",[1] "scientific racism's keepers of the flame",[2] a journal with a "racist orientation" and an "infamous racist journal",[3] and "journal of 'scientific racism'""

That doesn't sound like something worth the time of anyone remotely intelligent but of course bigots like you enjoy wanking over pseudo-scientific crap to legitimise a horribly outdated opinion laughed at by anyone with any credibility in the scientific community

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
How would one even measure IQ accurately, i've gotten anywhere between 120- 140ish doing some well known tests. Some people guess answers correctly when they don't actually know the answer.
If done right, similar testing conditions (same test for all) for your first point and the power of large sample sizes smoothing out the (small) errors of guessed/flukes for the latter one.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
If you hold X opinion then you are racist and anything that supposedly supports X opinion is necessarily pseudo-science

yay for objectivity and non-bias :^)

his report literally looks at PUBLISHED IQ SCORES and applies very simple mathematics to it

Show me where the IQ scores he used are wrong or where his maths are wrong or stfu

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
hurr we never progressed past mud huts and we cant solve simple test problems but we just as smart as da white man
Dude the islamic world were CENTURIES ahead of europe in terms of science and technology for a long time. Do you like medicine? Do you like modern mathematics? Do you like greek philosophy? You can thank the muslims for saving that shit whilst the catholic church was burning people for having a brain. They called it the dark ages for a reason.

Pagan Latin and Greek learning was viewed suspiciously in Christian early medieval Europe, and it was through 12th-century Arabic translations that medieval Europe rediscovered Hellenic medicine, including the works of Galen and Hippocrates
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age#Scientific_method

Yeah I'd say that's pretty fucking important.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
And we are living in Islamic dark age at the moment?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
And we are living in Islamic dark age at the moment?
You can blame the British for teaching the Arabs the art of insurgency and modern terror tactics. Ever heard of Lawrence of Arabia?

Islamic extremism has been on the rise mostly due to oil money bankrolling Wahhabi mosques around the world. The house of Saud has to legitimize themselves by being more fundamentalist than anyone else so no one can question their role as custodian of mecca and medina. Western meddling in the Middle East during cold war politics didn't really help stabilize the region either. Carving up countries after the fall of the Ottoman Empire didn't exactly help establish peace and stability.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Man I'm trying to understand the islamic finance system, and what do you expect? More stupid muslims.

@1.50 of the video, the guy says half a million @15% pa for 15 years = forty million. Yet, even the dumbest retard would have a better estimate. Despite the fact that the correct value is little more than 4 million, which is on the fucking slide. lol
jesus christ this is fucking retarded

i mean as dumb as it is, the 'half a million dollar loan at 15% for 15 years is 40 million dollars' is still one of the least dumb parts of the presentation/islamic finance

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i was mostly talking about Africa but okay.

the islamic world were CENTURIES ahead of europe in terms of science and technology for a long time.
1. First of all, there's an extraordinarily large amount of bullshit floating around regarding what technologies muslims are actually responsible for: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/How_Islamic_Inventors_Did_Not_Change_The_World

2. This was largely thanks to the works they stole from the christian lands they conquered (funny how muslims are never shamed for their imperialism the way europeans are).

3. What the fuck happened? If they're so intelligent, what went wrong? Why today do they lag so far behind europeans and NE-Asians in intelligence? Why have things been increasing for millennia for europeans, but gravely worsening for muslims?

Do you like medicine? Do you like modern mathematics? Do you like greek philosophy?
You can thank the muslims for saving that shit
They were translated into arabic because of islamic imperialism!

By the 8th century Islam had overrun the Christian lands[122] of Syria, Iraq, Iran and Egypt[123] This swift occupation further severed Western Europe from many of the great works of Aristotle, Plato, Euclid and others, many of which were housed in the great library of Alexandria. Having come upon such a wealth of knowledge, the Arabs, who viewed non-Arab languages as inferior, even as a source of pollution,[124] employed conquered Christians and Jews to translate these works from the native Greek and Syriac into Arabic[125]

"It was not until 1204, during which the Latins conquered and took Constantinople from the Byzantines in the name of the fourth Crusade, that a renewed scholarly interest in the original Greek manuscripts began to grow."

Furthermore, you're arguing that we should be thankful for muslims' saving of these works, which has nothing to do with them being intelligent. You're saying we should credit muslims for the genius of europeans. I like Greek philosophy and so I am thankful to the greeks for that, not the thieving arabs.

whilst the catholic church was burning people for having a brain. They called it the dark ages for a reason.
Hey look at that, an extremely ignorant, uneducated view of medieval europe. why am i not surprised?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)#Modern_academic_use

"However, the early 20th century saw a radical re-evaluation of the Middle Ages, and with it a calling into question of the terminology of darkness,[10] or at least of its pejorative use. Historian Denys Hay exemplified this when he spoke ironically of "the lively centuries which we call dark""

"Historians who use the term usually flag it as incorrect. A recently published history of German literature describes "the dark ages" as "a popular if ignorant manner of speaking" about "the mediaeval period""

"The medieval period is frequently caricatured as supposedly a "time of ignorance and superstition" which placed "the word of religious authorities over personal experience and rational activity."[42] However, rationality was increasingly held in high regard as the Middle Ages progressed. The historian of science Edward Grant, writes that "If revolutionary rational thoughts were expressed [in the 18th century], they were made possible because of the long medieval tradition that established the use of reason as one of the most important of human activities".[43] Furthermore, David Lindberg says that, contrary to common belief, "the late medieval scholar rarely experienced the coercive power of the church and would have regarded himself as free (particularly in the natural sciences) to follow reason and observation wherever they led".[44]

The caricature of the period is also reflected in a number of more specific notions. For instance, a claim that was first propagated in the 19th century[45][46] and is still very common in popular culture is the supposition that all people in the Middle Ages believed that the Earth was flat. This claim is mistaken.[46][47] In fact, lecturers in the medieval universities commonly advanced evidence in favor of the idea that the Earth was a sphere.[48] Lindberg and Ronald Numbers write: "There was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference".[49]

Other misconceptions such as: "the Church prohibited autopsies and dissections during the Middle Ages", "the rise of Christianity killed off ancient science", and "the medieval Christian church suppressed the growth of natural philosophy", are all cited by Ronald Numbers as examples of widely popular myths that still pass as historical truth, although they are not supported by current historical research.[50] They help maintain the idea of a "Dark Age" spanning through the medieval period.

Unlike pagan Rome, Christian Europe did not exercise a universal prohibition of the dissection and autopsy of the human body and such examinations were carried out regularly from at least the 13th century.[51][52][53] It has even been suggested that the Christian theology contributed significantly to the revival of human dissection and autopsy by providing a new socio-religious and cultural context in which the human cadaver was no longer seen as sacrosanct.[51]"

"The Church, rather than being an oppressor of scientific progress during the time, is largely responsible for saving much of Western Civilization's knowledge. Catholic monks, especially Irish ones, maintained huge libraries full of the works of Rome and Greece, spending much of their time copying these manuscripts. Monks were usually the most educated people in Europe. Women who entered nunneries were also granted unparalleled educations at the time.": http://books.google.com/books?id=tbYbR6amEdoC&lpg=PA24&pg=PA24#v=onepage&q&f=false

"The Middle Ages also saw the birth of many of the world's first and grandest universities. Oxford, Cambridge, Bologna, Salamanca; the Middle Ages saw the explosion of formalized higher education and the birth of advanced educational degrees. Modern medicine as we know had its roots in the experimentations done in the era, most of which, contrary to popular belief, the Church was completely fine with. The institutional advancements and protection of knowledge achieved by our ancestors in the Middle Ages made the Renaissance possible."

Where are all the great islamic universities? You mock asians for their poor tertiary system, but the muslims ain't got shit on them.

And ANYWAY we were talking about intelligence, not anti-science ideology. Even if this dark ages narrative were valid, it wasn't that europeans were too dumb to be scientists, it was the state holding them back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)