Attention all Year 10ers (1 Viewer)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Plus, I was really sick of having exams for hours, five days a week and then being forced to stay there, even after finishing my exam. That really sucked.
So much word. I had to sit around for about 30 minutes at the end of all the papers and after the Science exam I got so bored that I started timing how long I could hold my breath for. Ended up being very lightheaded on the way out lol.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Couldn't you live after the first hour and then not in the last 15 minutes just like the hsc?

klaris

HSC
So much word. I had to sit around for about 30 minutes at the end of all the papers and after the Science exam I got so bored that I started timing how long I could hold my breath for. Ended up being very lightheaded on the way out lol.
ahaha, yeah I tried some "entertaining" tactics, also.

In the end I think I fell asleep and woke up just as the exam was finishing. BEST THING EVER.

ahaha.

Oh and did you get my PM?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I admit i spent the weekend prior the SC exams studying.

^That should probably be the maximum you should do :karate:.. most* here may dispute even that.

*edit.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can't leave in the first or last 30 minutes, not 15.
alrite... if you say so... for our half yearly it was last 15 min, and first hour, but maybe because it was a 2 hour exam.

But idk, cant recall if it was the same for SC, i remember people left tho, after the first hour.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
We weren't allowed to leave at all during our SC exams and it sucked. Don't know if that was just school policy or BOS policy but I'm inclined to think it was the Board.

For the HSC you can't leave in the first hour and you can't leave in the last 15 minutes.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
We weren't allowed to leave at all during our SC exams and it sucked. Don't know if that was just school policy or BOS policy but I'm inclined to think it was the Board.

For the HSC you can't leave in the first hour and you can't leave in the last 15 minutes.
Thought so.

I'm pretty sure for your SC it was a school policy, our school let ppl leave after the first hour and not in the last 15 min.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I'm pretty sure for your SC it was a school policy, our school let ppl leave after the first hour and not in the last 15 min.

Ahk. Damn Senior College executive keeping us locked up in a sweltering room next to a (loud) playgroup with no means of escape.

klaris

HSC
Ahk. Damn Senior College executive keeping us locked up in a sweltering room next to a (loud) playgroup with no means of escape.
Aha, love how you make it sound like torture.

But yes, a hot room full of 200 kids, most of whom had finished. We weren't even allowed toilet breaks.

mioumiou

HSC
Aha, love how you make it sound like torture.

But yes, a hot room full of 200 kids, most of whom had finished. We weren't even allowed toilet breaks.
Well, everyone in our year just falls asleep I guess....
But we're allow to go to the bathroom, but only one at the time with a supervisor following you.... =S

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
No one could leave for our SC exams, it sucked when you had like 45 minutes after you finished too. We were however, allowed to go home after the last test on a particular day.

blackratpoo

HSC
maybe this is just your school. as last year in the hsc, we were not allowed to go at all. people wanted out halfway through and were forcefully yelled at.

is their a policy i can shove in their faces this year??? like are these actual BOS rules?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
maybe this is just your school. as last year in the hsc, we were not allowed to go at all. people wanted out halfway through and were forcefully yelled at.

is their a policy i can shove in their faces this year??? like are these actual BOS rules?
Must be a school policy, i'm pretty sure the board says you can leave, maybe your school wants you to actually sit there and do the exams instead of just cbfing half way.

unceunce

HSC
damnit bloody school making us do SC for History and Geo in Yr 9... Jeez who even cares about Australias History

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
damnit bloody school making us do SC for History and Geo in Yr 9... Jeez who even cares about Australias History
Funny how my Year 10 History teacher said exactly the same thing :spin:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
History is officially the worst subject in my books, i guess its the teachers fault tho, geo was boring but atleast the teacher was amusing.

pman

Banned
HSC
Agree with OP, just stay on top of maths...i played computer games all through yrs 9 and 10.....School cert is a joke as mentioned millions of time before but it is a chance to get into good study habits for the HSC

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC

It's BOS policy. Check page 15 of the Rules and Procedures for 2010 HSC Candidates booklet, specifically 20/viii/c)-d), if you want to point it out to your school lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)