• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aus Open (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I only got to see the bit when the announcement was made about Hardenne retiring, lol. How much had they played for and what was the score up to that point?

Looking forward to the Mens Final... still don't know who I should go for because I like them both! :D

karoooh

HSC
It was a bad situation for the both of them! What do they have against Justine? She didn't do anything! Except... Get injured and pull out of winning the open... What a horrible way to end your chance - Especially when you had a 50/50 chance! :(:(

karoooh

HSC
Riviet said:
I only got to see the bit when the announcement was made about Hardenne retiring, lol. How much had they played for and what was the score up to that point?

Looking forward to the Mens Final... still don't know who I should go for because I like them both! :D
They got up to the 2nd set, Amelie leading 6-1 2-0 before Justine pulled out! :(:(:( Congrats to Amelie though... Next year Justine! :p But I'll be on the Hingis band wagon!

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:

6-1, 2-0 for Mauresmo.

That really sucked. I didn't watch the game, and I'm glad I didn't. I bet Mauresmo cursed everyone (or something), because she had three incomplete games in one grand slam (Krajicek, Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne all pulling out).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah that's very strange and coincidental, as well as lucky for Mauresmo. Were they both.
karoooh said:
It was a bad situation for the both of them!
Could you elaborate on this point please? :)

karoooh

HSC
Amelie wins by default because Justine pulled out due to illness... So even though she was playing well, Amelie could've ended up losing because Justine could've picked up her game later on. Justine lost any chance at winning because of her illness, so she had to pull out, which means that she didn't really have a good try at winning the Open!

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I think it's a stupid win because it's Mauresmo's first grand slam win, and now it looks like she can only win when someone pulls out.

I think Mauresmo has reached better rounds of other grand slams due to opponents pulling out. I kinda remember it happening in the Wimbeldon or something.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I don't think Justine should be berated for ruining Amelie's maiden grand slam title because it was obvious that her pain was severe.

tempco

HSC
sarevok said:
that was pretty low of justine, i thought. surely she could have stuck around for a few games longer so amelie could celebrate properly
there are limits to good sportsmanship.

karoooh

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I don't think Justine should be berated for ruining Amelie's maiden grand slam title because it was obvious that her pain was severe.
I agree. If she could go on, she would've. To have gotten that far and to pull out on purpose is pathetic - Something I feel Justine would'nt've done - She's one of the best players in the Open, she had a very large chance of winning! She could've bounced back in that second set, but she pulled out cos she couldn' take the pain.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
tempco said:
there are limits to good sportsmanship.
Exactly. Justine also said that she feared the injury could become long term if she made it worse by continuing to play. That's a real consideration.

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
it's good to see mauresmo finally win a grand slam, even if it is a forfeit. As for the mens, i thought ljubicic would win, but since he was beaten by baghdatis, think it'll be baghdatis

Riviet

HSC
N/A
king_of_boredom said:
as good as baghdatis is, i don't think he'll be able to stop the fed express.
Well I guess we'll see how Baghdatis fairs against Federer tomorrow night!

I'd love to see someone like Baghdatis win, he's made past a few highly seeded players including Roddick so I think he has a chance of beating Federer.

tempco

HSC
Riviet said:
Well I guess we'll see how Baghdatis fairs against Federer tomorrow night!

I'd love to see someone like Baghdatis win, he's made past a few highly seeded players including Roddick so I think he has a chance of beating Federer.
Well, the gap between Roddick and Federer is pretty big... Baghdatis will put up a fight, but my bet is for Federer in 5 sets.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
tempco said:
Well, the gap between Roddick and Federer is pretty big... Baghdatis will put up a fight, but my bet is for Federer in 5 sets.
True, that's the reality unfortunately, Federer has the skill and experience compared to Baghdatis, and even if Baghdatis does get close to winning, it'll be hard to close it out for him as he'll be nervous of the situation and it's he's in the final for he's debut appearance in the main aus open! But his composure is much better than other young players... I'm still going for him in the end though. :)

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Riviet said:
True, that's the reality unfortunately, Federer has the skill and experience compared to Baghdatis, and even if Baghdatis does get close to winning, it'll be hard to close it out for him as he'll be nervous of the situation and it's he's in the final for he's debut appearance in the main aus open! But his composure is much better than other young players... I'm still going for him in the end though. :)
lol, if he gets a chance to close it out, he will.

He served out Roddick to love to close up the match :D

And roddick isn't a good player. I think Nalbandian is really good and Federer is not better by all that much.

Anyways, LETS GO BAGHDATIS :D

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
noooooooo! FEDERER WILL WIN! GO FEDERER! he's the champion, today's match will prove so *touch wood*. go federer! he has what it takes, im not saying baghdatis doesn't, federer will just make it. :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I reckon it'll be a tightly contested match between two. If Baghdatis played as well as he did in his last few matches, he's got a good chance of winning!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)