Aus Open (1 Viewer)

Carnivour

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
It was a good match, but I was disappointed with some of the bad calls made by the umpire. He called two of Federer's faults as aces and that crucial shot made by Baghdatis that was in was called out by the umpire and the umpire only. That would've put Baghdatis off.
err...no. it was actually a great call because it was out. so under the pressure, the umpire made the right call.

overall, it was a great game in the beginning. i would have liked to see a closer match at the end, would have been more suspenceful and exciting. but baggy is only a young'un im sure he'll learn for next year.

i loved that federer cried - its awesome to see men show emotion, none of this mucho bullshit. he will be respected and remembered for this win more than if he stoically accepted it as does most every other player.

tempco

HSC
Carnivour said:
err...no. it was actually a great call because it was out. so under the pressure, the umpire made the right call.
It's the bad call of the linesman that threw Baghdatis off. If the linesman had called it out, the effect on Baghdatis would've been as large.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
"Hawkeye" showed that the call by the umpire was correct, the ball was out by centimetres. I think that call really did put Baghdatis off, it certainly was disappointing that he didn't play well at all in the 3rd set, I anticipated a better conclusion to the match, but it was pretty much all Federer from the end of the second set onwards. Congrats on Federer's emotional win.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i want to kill myself. i couldn't watch the match, i watched the last 20 minutes because i was at god damn work. is there somewhere where i can download the whole after-match presentation? i wanna watch all of what baghdatis and federer said.

im so happy federer won, he deserved it hands down. im not surprised he got so emotional, the poor guy started to cry. has be ever done that before? i only watched after the part where he began to cry, i wanna watch the whole presentation, someone, help!

GO ROGER!

gosh

rnitya_25 said:
i want to kill myself. i couldn't watch the match, i watched the last 20 minutes because i was at god damn work. is there somewhere where i can download the whole after-match presentation? i wanna watch all of what baghdatis and federer said.

im so happy federer won, he deserved it hands down. im not surprised he got so emotional, the poor guy started to cry. has be ever done that before? i only watched after the part where he began to cry, i wanna watch the whole presentation, someone, help!

GO ROGER!
i could only find audio from the aftermatch presentation. you can listen to most of federer's and baghdatis' speeches here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/video_and_audio/default.stm

you can also watch the video sports report at
www.seven.com.au under the video tab

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
thank so much, really appreciate it half baked :D. im gonna try those links. thanks again!

mikeee

Greek Member
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
It was a good match, but I was disappointed with some of the bad calls made by the umpire. He called two of Federer's faults as aces and that crucial shot made by Baghdatis that was in was called out by the umpire and the umpire only. That would've put Baghdatis off.
Carnivour said:
Yes, but the umpire also called two of Federer's faults as aces, so he made the wrong calls there, which was bad and demoralising for Baghdatis!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
mikeee said:
Yes, but the umpire also called two of Federer's faults as aces, so he made the wrong calls there, which was bad and demoralising for Baghdatis!
That's why when Hawkeye is officially used in all major tournaments, players will be able to challenge calls and Hawkeye will be extensively used to check up on close calls. It has been a success in smaller tennis tournaments and should be coming out soon enough. :)

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
yep... hawkeye is the best thing for tennis.. but just wondering how accurate that thing really is?

Carnivour

HSC
Yeah, I'm pretty sick of critical moments in sport hanging in frail human hands. Especially in some of the biggest sports in the world, ie tennis and soccer. It makes absolutely no sense, and I have no idea why Hawkeye hasnt been brought in yet.
These athletes train for their whole lives for this moment, its stupid that their fate rests with luck going their way.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
SpoRTsGaL said:
Baghdatis is so hot. I saw him on tv yesterday, after he had a shave and his hair was out, and he was hottt. Omg, I can't believe he's half leb (or something). His looks must be from his Cypriot side :p.
Hence the hot girlfriend? :D

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Baghdatis is so hot. I saw him on tv yesterday, after he had a shave and his hair was out, and he was hottt. Omg, I can't believe he's half leb (or something). His looks must be from his Cypriot side :p.
haha, lebs are hawt.
and no i'm not talking about the muslim leb trouble makers here :D

Went to lebanon last year, the women there are MUCH hotter than here (maybe cause there isn't an obesity problem)... trust me, I speak truth :O

xlr8-crillz

HSC
rnitya_25 said:

GO ROGER!
omg!

please answer rnitya:

1.) do u find federer hot

2.) are u crazily in love with federer

3.) is federer the only tennis player u care about

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah, all three. nah wait, federer isn't the only player i care about. there are many many many many more, i just hold federer in the highest of respects. also, i don't really care how he looks. but yes, i am in love with him! lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)